We are in the Northern Virginia area mainly Fairfax and Loudon County areas looking for more magic players to get together with and play some of the game we love.
There are a lot of friday night magic places are the area and we are looking for people to get to know while playing magic with each other and talking magic with eachother.
Join if you are interested in playing magic with cool, real people, or just talking magic with people in your area!!
Magic: The Gathering is the first, and most widely played, collectible trading card game. Players take on the role of Planeswalkers – powerful mages who battle others for glory, knowledge and conquest. Each player controls an arsenal of weapons, which includes spells, creatures, and artifacts gathered from a vast multiverse of unique fantasy worlds. With over 10,000 different cards available, Magic offers an unrivaled depth of game play with many levels of choice and customization for its players. The cards feature unique illustrations by top fantasy artists inspired by familiar elements of myth and legend. These elements weave together to provide a strategically rich and satisfying game play experience.
This group exists to connect Magic the Gathering players all over the Northern Virginia and D.C. Area - Alexandria, Arlington, Falls Church, Annandale, Springfield, Fairfax, Burke, Vienna, Great Falls, Fairfax Station, Woodbridge, Etc.
It can be tough to find groups and events you are able to attend. We seek to achieve the following:
1. Establish a group of friendly, casual players with regular, frequent events so everyone gets a chance to play on a regular basis.
2. Host events at various locations convenient to everyone.
3. Form teams for eventual competitive play with ambitions to go to PTQ's or beyond (not for everyone, but for those interested, you will find like minded players).
4. Play various types of games beyond standard play (including two headed giant, emporer, free-for all multiplayer, EDH/Singleton 100, Respawn magic and more).
5. Host booster draft tournaments
6. Host games/tournaments at various days of the week and times of the day (IE it's not convenient for everyone to have to play at 6pm on a Tuesday night).
... and as the group grows, more.