Maneuvres for Fighters

JohnLynch's picture

So I've posted up a 2nd edition style of fighter and a 4th edition style of fighter. Neither really had that much to do besides hit things with their swords. Even 2nd edition had more options then this. So here is where I'm going to explore some of them:

• Trip
  • Disarm
  • Parry
  • Charge
  • Grapple and Pin

Basic Maneuvres

These maneuvres can be performed by anyone.

Check out my 5th Edition Blog.

Different Fighters

JohnLynch's picture

The fighter for me is the baseline class. Once you have the basic fighter down pat then you can start worrying about making other types of fighters and other classes.

To start with Spells and Swords will be compatible with 2nd edition partly due to the fact I'm playing it right now, but also due to the amount of material available for it (also part of the reason I'm playing it). It's also the least problematic of the traditional classes.

Here's my version of the fighter:

The case for differing mechanics

JohnLynch's picture

I've seen more than a few comments made about how the only way to balance a game is by giving every class the same structure and using a unified mechanic to do this. I've played 4th ed with that and I've played and am playing older editions which don't use this as their foundation. I strongly believe that a unified mechanic isn't necessary and that greater class diversity can be gained by using different mechanics.

Subscribe to RSS - Spells & Swords