When a caster expends more than his level+2 mana on a spell. He enters a trance like state known as overcasting. The visual effects and penalties for over casting are as follows, the effects stack. You may not overcast while still suffering the penalties of overcasting.1 mana over:
Your eyes glow with magical energy and you seem to stare off into space. You are fatigued (-2 dex,and str, and cannot run or charge for 1 round/mana overcast.2-3 mana over:
Tinges of magical energy crackle around your fingertips. You are Shaken (-2 to attack rolls, saves, and skill checks) for 1 round/mana overcast. 4-5 mana over:
Light begins to glow faintly in a halo around you. You are dazed (may take no actions) for 1 round. 6-7 mana over:
Minor harmless manifestations of your power begin to appear within 30 ft of you. You are staggered (may only take one action each round) for 1 round/mana overcast.8-9 mana over:
Obvious potentially harmful manifestations of your power begin to appear within 30 ft of you. You suffer a penalty to your constitution equal to half the amount of overcast mana, for 1 round/mana overcast. 10-20 mana over:
You levitate into the air wreaking havok with your power affecting both ally and enemy, The DM decides exactly what occurs. You also roll 1d100.
21 mana and up:
- 1-10% and below you must make a fortitude save dc die and become a wraith
- 6-10% you are set on fire taking 1d6 per round until extinguished
- 10-20% you lose a digit
- 20-30% you must make a will save or become insane until you pass the will save (one chance each day when you wake)
- 30-40% you phase out of existance for 1d10 days.
- 40-50% You contract a major disease
- 50-60% You loose the function of one of your limbs until you seek healing.
- 60-70% You become a vegetable (paralyzed)
- 70-80% Living things within 30 feet of you must make a fort save or die and become a wraith.
- 80-90% Your power manifests with deadly force. DM's descretion.
- 90% and up nothing else negative happens to you.
All the effects from 10-20 happen simultaneously.