Yesterday, I ran one of the last sessions of the non-Encounters. We've had a number of weeks missed due to inclement weather (the store we play at was closed 2 weeks in a row most recently), so I am working up to a big finish.
Now, he had mentioned there was a thread over on the Goodman Games forums where they were creating some new Lunar Dragons for 4e, and that the young version of the scum dragon might be an appropriate challenge. He mentioned as well that it was created long before MMIII came out - so I took it verbatim except I updated the damage to the new values.
For the encounter, we had only 6 characters (in the preceding two weeks of play we had 8 and 10 respectively) - featuring a goliath barbarian, a halfling essentials assassin, a shardmind warlord, a tiefling warlock, a drow warlock and a minotaur monk. So yeah - 5 strikers and a leader... looking back, where we had 3 leaders and 2 defenders and a striker... we've come far.
All in all, the truth is, if I had played this monster to its fullest, it would have wiped the walls with them. It dominated the drow early on and the drow failed the save to end the effect on 3 successive tries. It managed to breath twice in the first two rounds and then again when it got bloodied. And - both of the warlocks were using fire effects for the first few rounds.
Okay - so this ended up being a TPK if I play it right. It didn't use either action point and after it got bloodied, I stopped rolling recharge for the breath weapon.
There's only two more sessions left - I'm hoping it finishes strong!