Adventuring Party Missions
Orphans of Ormpetarr
The unruly streets of Ormpetarr are home to large numbers of orphans left behind by so-called â€śscar pilgrimsâ€ť who ventured into the Plaguewrought Land and did not return (at least, not in any recognizable form). If these abandoned children survive at all, they do so by joining small gangs that support themselves as honest day laborers, pickpockets and thieves, or something in between.
- Mission: Learn and control the mysteries behind the spellplague and purge the world of its dangers.
- Party Requirements: Spellscarred.Â Feats = Student of the Plague feat at Level 1, Must take 1 of the Spellscarred power swap feats at the time your choice type becomes available (encounter at level 4, utility at level 8, daily at level 10)
Keepers of the Cerulean Sign:
This organization has long maintained a vigil against the abolethic threat in its many scattered sects. Its greatest failure is now manifest in Xxiphuâ€™s existence, and many of the lone Keepers and lesser chapterhouses of the Cerulean Sign have been overrun and destroyed. However, a few Keepers persist, and they attempt to obstruct the Abolethic Sovereignty as much as they are able.
- Mission: Rid the world of the threat of the Abolethic Sovereignty and the reach of the Far Realm to the natural world
- Party Requirements: At least 1 At-Will power with the psychic keyword.
Mystery shrouds the Simbulâ€™s ultimate fate. Rumors say that she sought the body of Velsharoon in the Astral Sea and was destroyed in a conflagration that annihilated the godâ€™s remains, but tales persist that she somehow survived.
- Mission: You are consumed with a desire to discover the truth for yourself, because if she did survive, you must know why she has not returned to help your people. Regardless of whether the Simbul lives, you hope to find something to aid your fellow Aglarondans in the fight against Thay.
- Roleplaying Tips: You have an inordinate preoccupation with the pantheon and fates of the gods. You blame the Spellplague for your nationâ€™s ills and hate those responsible for Mystraâ€™s death, especially Cyric.
- Party Requirements: Race = Human, Half-Elf, Elf, Eladrin or Gnome.Â Region = Aglarond.Â Trained Â = Perception. Equipment = Light Armor only.Â Special Note: One party member should take the Simbarch of Aglarond paragon path.
You are a child of the Beastlands, counting at least one â€śmonsterâ€ť among your ancestors. You are unwelcome in either the civilized world or the realm of monsters, seen variously as a savage beast or easy prey.
- Mission: Gain acceptance for races of your kind throughout the modern natural world by demonstrating your civility and protection against real threats.Â
- Roleplaying Tips: You find little difference between the civilized and uncivilized races and regard both groups with suspicion. You are quick to defend yourself and even quicker to take offense at those who would judge you based on appearance.
- Party Requirements: Race = Dragonborn, Gnoll, Goliath, Half-Orc, Minotaur, Tiefling, Shifter, Warforged, Shardmind.Â Â Feat = Enduring Mountain feat at Level 1
Purple Dragon Knights
You live only to serve the Crown of Cormyr and defend its people from the menacing evils of the world. Cormyrâ€™s armies are thick with pikes and blades, but you are among the finest in the nationâ€™s mighty military machine. Evil is everywhere, preying on those who cannot defend themselves, but you are the sword and shield that stand for justice.
- Mission: As a knight of Cormyr, your honor is everything. You do not bend it, for to do so would sully the memory of your fallen comrades. You do not compromise with evil, nor can you ignore it as so many people do every day. Your oath is to combat iniquity, avarice, and wickedness wherever they rear their ugly heads. Wherever cruelty and sin fester, wherever corruption takes hold, and wherever enemies of your great kingdom thrive is where you are needed most.Â
- Party Requirements: Paragon Path = Purple Dragon Knight
You follow the sometimes radiant and sometimes shadowy path of the mistress of the skies, SelĂ»ne. Through the worldâ€™s many changes, one story remains eternal: SelĂ»neâ€™s vigilant opposition to the machinations of her dark sister, Shar. Silverstars carry the light and hope of their goddess into the darkness, championing causes others think lost. Unlike many of the other gods and goddesses, SelĂ»ne is Â willing to share some of her power with worshipers who are not solely devoted to studying her will. Wizards, warlocks, bards, and sorcerers can become silverstars of note.
- Mission: Before the Spellplague, SelĂ»neâ€™s mortal concerns often centered on lycanthropes: werewolves, wereboars, werebears and other worshipers who could change into animal shapes governed by the moon. After the Spellplague, lycanthropy spiraled beyond SelĂ»neâ€™s benevolent control. She does what she can for its victims, but sometimes all she can do is offer a swift silver blade.Â
- Party Requirements: Paragon Path = Silverstar
Hapers of Luruar
You grew up in a family of adventurers who told stories of the heroes of long ago known as the Harpers. When you came of age, you set about attempting to join the last remnant of the organization, which was based in Everlundâ€™s Moongleam Tower. You were required to prove yourself, which you did at great risk. You now count yourself among the organizationâ€™s secret ranks.
- Mission: A protector by nature, you long to see Netherilâ€™s Shadovar driven back and the lands of Luruar tamed and civilized.Â
- Party Requirements: Class = Hybrid. Skills = Training in 6 skills (via multi-classing or otherwise). All have an At-Will ranged basic or melee basic.Â Feats = Teamwork Defense by Lv 10.
Even in a kingdom as idealistically founded and enthusiastically supported by its citizens as AkanĂ»l, dissent exists. Some genasi hold the queen and the four Stewards in contempt for their failure to adequately secure the kingdomâ€™s borders, against either the abolethic threat or the dragonborn of Tymanther.
- Mission: The Firestorm Cabal is pledged to patrolling the northern and eastern borders of AkanĂ»l, beyond the kingdomâ€™s official defensive perimeter. It keeps its Motherhouse in Airspur and has smaller safe houses all around the kingdom. Average citizens see the Firestormers as national heroes, willing to risk all. AkanĂ»lâ€™s officials see them as distractions at best and provocateurs at worst, but so far have allowed them to travel into the frontier.Â
- Party Requirements: Every character must be from a build that has both Weapon and Implement powers.Â Everyone must be able to Resist an element of some kind. Â Everyone must have at least 1 At-Will power with a damage type keyword. Region = Akanul
The Flaming Fists
The Flaming Fists mercenary company has long held a position of power and respect in Baldurâ€™s Gate, and you enjoy sharing a piece of that renown. You hail from the crowded city, from a long line of people who worked in the service of the Fists.
- Mission: Protect the world from threats while earning as much coin as possible.
- Party Requirements: Skills = Bluff or Intimidate, Stealth, Thievery. Feats = 1 of the following multi-classes (Blowgun Training, Bravo, Cutthroat, Garrote Training, Poisoner, Assassin) and Jack of All Trades by Level 6.