All reward cards are put into one of four categories:
- General: Usable anytime by anyone as long as they meet the requirements of the card.
- Creation: May only be used at character creation and the card must remain in your stack for the life of the PC or until a rule makes the card obsolete (for example the Gnome and Shadar-Kai Creation cards. See the 2008 Cards section)
- Expansion: Opens new PC options (feats, classes, etc.) and must stay in your stack.
- Quest: Contains tasks that must be undertaken within modules to unlock the ability to play a special module. You must have the card in your stack during a module in which you undertake a task, however, the card does not need to be in your stack every game you play. You may remove the card from your stack once you have fulfilled the tasks.
2008 Reward Cards
All of the 2008 rewards cards, except for the promo cards, have been compiled into a PDF file that is available for download from the RPGA Downloads page
. The file is locked with a password that was sent out to RPGA members when the file was released.
The promo cards not included in the PDF gave access to racial options from Monster Manual 1 or to spellscarred options from the Forgotten Realms Players Guide. Racial options included Orc, Gnome, and Shadar-Kai. To date, the Gnome and Shadar-Kai have received Player Race write ups in the Player's Handbook 2 and Dragon Magazine respectively. As a result those promo cards are no longer of any use. Spellscarred options included Flamespeed and Sight of the Unseen; the Larger Than Life option is included in the 2008 Care Set 3, and is thus available in the PDF.
Here are the cards:
Card Set 1
- Daring Exploit: Re-roll a missed At-Will Exploit.
- Desperate Spell: Re-roll a missed At-Will Spell.
- Fervent Prayer: Re-roll a missed At-Will Prayer.
- Turning the Tide: Immediate save against one effect on a nat 20 attack roll.
- Snap Out of It: Remove the dazed condition.
- That'll Do: Treat skill check die roll as a 10.
- Minion Slayer: Gain a healing surge +1d6 after you kill 3 minions.
- Zhentarim Infiltration: 2008 Quest Card to participate in the QUES1-1 Black Cloaks and Bitter Rivalries module.
Card Set 2
- Undead Slayer: Gain a healing surge +1d6 after you kill 3 undead.
- Arcane Tide: Push a target rather than knock prone or immobilize from Spell.
- Elemental Fury: Change Radiant damage to cold, fire, or lightning from Prayer.
- I'm Not Done Yet: Deal +1(W) damage instead of knock prone from Exploit.
- Quick Getaway: Shift 2 squares during a run.
- One Shot, One Kill: +1 to attack rolls when you kill a non-bloodied/non-minion opponent.
- Instinctive reaction: Make a save against ongoing damage as an Immediate Reaction.
- Secrets of Alchemy: Access to alchemical formulas and items. (This became obsolete when alchemical items were granted open access)
Card Set 3
- Second Chance: Re-roll skill check in challenge on a nat 1.
- Spellscarred: Larger Than Life: Access to the Student of the Plague feat with the Larger Than Life trait and Spellscarred feats. (this is an Expansion card)
- Forgotten Lore: When you receive the lowest result in a Ritual you get the next higher result.
Promo Cards (all are Creation cards)
- Gnome Wanderer: Use the Gnome racial write-up in Monster Manual 1. (No longer required to play a gnome)
- Shadar-Kai Sojourner: Use the Shadar-Kai racial write-up in Monster Manual 1. (No longer required to play a shadar-kai)
- Orc Adventurer: Use the Orc racial write-up in Monster Manual 1.
- Spellscarred: Flamespeed: Access to the Student of the Plague feat with the Flamespeed trait and Spellscarred feats.
- Spellscarred: Sight of the Unseen: Access to the Student of the Plague feat with the Sight of the Unseen trait and Spellscarred feats.
2009 Rewards Cards
The current line up of 2009 Rewards cards are:
- Furious Evocation: Re-roll a missed At-Will Evocation.
- Lucky Shot: Grants a critical if you roll a 19.
- Bladeling Renegade: Use the Bladeling racial writeup in Manual of the Planes.
- Lore of the Dead: Access to rituals from Open Grave
- Scramble to Safety: Shift 1/2 speed when bloodied
- In Slumber Remain: 2009 Quest Card that coincides with the Embers of Dawn mini campaign.
- "Some things are better left asleep.” –Geshkan Bloodscale, dragonborn paladin
- The dragon overlords of Returned Abeir rule with an iron claw, being both feared and hated by their slaves and neighbors. Some are willing to just about anything to push them aside, including wake one of the sleeping Dawn Titans despite the cost. By taking this quest, you are committed to preventing the ritual to wake one of the Dawn Titans. Complete each task below to embark on your quest. Your DM will tell you if you complete a task. Tasks for this paragon-level quest are seeded throughout the Embers of Dawn mini-campaign and other heroic-tier Living Forgotten Realms adventures available in 2009 and 2010.
- Task 1: Find and read a moldy tome that plums the murky tale of Darkturret and its tie to the sleeping god.
- Task 2: Find a man with a tattoo of a flame. Tell him “The cleansing flame thrives during even the coldest night,” and then ask him when the next conflagration of souls will occur.
- Task 3: Speak with an otherworldly creature. Ask the creature where the sleeping titan lies. You cannot complete this task until you complete Task 1 and 2.
- Benefit: Your quest begins. You are able to play the special adventure Stir Not the World’s Doom, for characters levels 11-14, available in 2010.
- Kenku Explorer: Use the Kenku racial write-up in Monster Manual 2.
- Lore of the Planes: Access to rituals from Manual of the Planes.
- Lucky Strike: Reroll an encounter power on a natural 1.