Standard adventurer's kit contains the following:
- 1 Empty backpack (until filled with the rest of the stuff)
- 1 Bedroll
- 1 Flint and steel With a lack of metal, the steel part of that is obviously out of bounds. The fire kit listed in the Dark Sun Campaign Setting costs and weighs the same, so that will take its place. It consists of sticks and a small bow.
- 1 Empty belt pouch
- 10 days of trail rations Trail rations aren't the sort of thing that they take with them on Athas. Luckily, this works out to cost the same as a single survival day, and weighs 2lbs less into the bargain.
- 50' of hemp rope. Draj is the primary producer of hemp.
- 2 Sunrods Described as 'minor magic items', they're too mundane a use of magic to fit in on Athas. They have no ready replacement though, so we'll throw a filter mask in there in their place.
- 1 waterskin. Water will be extra.