4E Character Optimization Guides
This section is dedicated to easily referencing the general guides and build discussions for whatever type of character you want to play. Use the menu links above to select your archetype, then find your main class and secondary class, if any, and enjoy some of the best guides and builds that the Character Optimization Board has to offer!
(Special thanks to the creator of The_Collective for the original thread this wiki page is based on!)
- Defenders - Battlemind, Fighter, Paladin, Swordmage, and Warden
- Leaders - Ardent, Artificer, Bard, Cleric, Runepriest, Shaman, Warlord
- Strikers - Assassin, Avenger, Barbarian, Monk, Ranger, Rogue, Sorcerer, Warlock
- Controllers - Druid, Invoker, Psion, Seeker, Wizard
- Races - Want to pick your race first? Check out these guides to being the best you can be!
- Essentials - A listing of handbooks covering the Essentials-style classes, including the Heroes of Shadow book.
- The Hall of Heroes: A Legendary Collective by MC-DrowBane
- The Complete ShakaUVM Collection by ShakaUVM
- Lord_Ventnor's Build Compendium by Lord_ventnor
- A brief guide to making builds copy-pasted from the Character Builder look good on the wiki.
- To all handbook builders: [[Dnd:CharOp/Adding_Guide_Links|Adding Guide Links]] to your handbook.
- Discussion Forums
- Iaijutsu - A Guide to Alpha-Striking
- Reservoir Dogs - a handbook about Monsters
- Monster Resistances, Vulnerabilities, and Damage Types
- A handbook of known combos/tricks/exploits
- A guide to MC feats for dabblers
- A Familiar Keeper's Handbook
- DPR King Candidates 2.0 (Work in progress)
- Ginzu Items: A Guide to dual Purpose implements and Weapons(Work in progress)
- Holy Symbols for the non-divine
- Glossary (Work perpetually in progress)
- Things that break the game
- Let's Accessorize: The Item Guide
- It's Elemental: A Guide to Damage Types
- Modern Feat Tax Fix