Controllers: [[Dnd:CharOp/Controllers/Druid|Druid]] | [[Dnd:CharOp/Controllers/Invoker|Invoker]] | [[Dnd:CharOp/Controllers/Psion|Psion]] | [[Dnd:CharOp/Controllers/Seeker|Seeker]] | [[Dnd:CharOp/Controllers/Wizard|Wizard]]
Build: [[Dnd:CharOp/Controllers/Psion/Builds/The_Stormbringer|Intro]] | [[Dnd:CharOp/Controllers/Psion/Builds/The_Stormbringer/Abilities|Abilities]] | [[Dnd:CharOp/Controllers/Psion/Builds/The_Stormbringer/Skills|Skills]] | [[Dnd:CharOp/Controllers/Psion/Builds/The_Stormbringer/Feats|Feats]] | [[Dnd:CharOp/Controllers/Psion/Builds/The_Stormbringer/Powers|Powers]] | [[Dnd:CharOp/Controllers/Psion/Builds/The_Stormbringer/Items|Items]] | Snapshots
Snapshots: [[Dnd:CharOp/Controllers/Psion/Builds/The_Stormbringer/Snapshots|Level 1]] | Level 11 | [[Dnd:CharOp/Controllers/Psion/Builds/The_Stormbringer/Snapshots/L21|Level 21]] | [[Dnd:CharOp/Controllers/Psion/Builds/The_Stormbringer/Snapshots/L30|Level 30]]
Snapshot: Level 11
The level 11 snapshot is highlighted by entrance into the dreamwalker paragon path. The manifest dream form feature opens up an incredible amount of tactical options for you. You now have 8 power points and the dream blade power allows you to bring your dream form out for free, so you should be able to keep it out most (if not all) of the encounter.
The most obvious tactic is flanking a target with an ally. Since a conjuration doesn't provoke attacks of opportunity, you should easily be able to move it into flanking position. Any ally flanking with your dream form will gain combat advantage against the target and you'll gain combat advantage against any target your dream form is flanking.
Besides flanking, you can also gain combat advantage via the dreaming advantage feature. Move your dream form into the middle of a bunch of enemies, spend your action point and then use its square as the origin of an area attack. Since it's immune to your attacks, you won't even have to worry about it disappearing.
Your dream form can also essentially add 10 to the range of all your area and ranged powers. This is extremely useful for keeping away from the thick of battle. You can also hide behind total cover while your dream form acts as the origin for your attacks.
Your dream form also functions as a pseudo blocker. Since your dream form occupies a square and only your allies can move it through it's space, the dream form is very useful for restricting enemies' movement in confined spaces. It seems simple enough, but it can sometimes mean an enemy will waste an attack just so they can move where they want to. Any melee or ranged attack made against your dream form is usually an attack that would have been made against you or one of your allies. If you do find your dream form being attack when you don't want it to, you can always conjure it up in the air, out of reach of melee enemies. Using it in this manner is also helpful for seeing over things such as walls and other obstacles.
Other snapshot highlights include the living missile, force spheres and echoing boom daily powers. Your daily powers help supplement your controlling at-will powers by adding the ability to slide enemies and knock them prone. The dimensional scramble discipline can be used to reel in ranged enemies (artillery and skirmishers) and the force grasp discipline can be used on melee enemies (soldiers and brutes) to restrict their movement during the first rounds of combat. The augment 2 option of the psychic anomaly discipline is great for dealing with elites and solos which tend to have out-of-turn attacks.
You have several things that allow you to shake off nasty effects such as mind over flesh, a periapt of cascading health and flowform armor.
Carry around the orb of nimble thoughts in your off-hand so you'll get the bonus when initiative is rolled, but be sure to store the orb with your minor action on the first round of combat to get the defense bonuses from hafted defense.
- Race: Shardmind
- Class: Psion
- Discipline Focus: Telekinesis
- Paragon Path: Dreamwalker
- Background: Auspicious Birth
- Str: 9 (-1)
- Con: 11 (+1)
- Dex: 11 (+0)
- Int: 23 (+6)
- Wis: 19 (+4)
- Chr: 12 (+0)
- Max HP: 85; Bloodied: 42; Surge Value: 21; Surges/Day: 6
- PP: 8
- AC/Fort/Ref/Will: 26/20/26/26; +2 defenses against enemies subject to your effects
- Initiative: +11
- Speed: 6
- Trained Skills: Arcana (+18), Dungeoneering (+14), Insight (+14), Perception (+16)
- Feats: Staff Expertise, Unarmored Agility, Superior Implement Training (Accurate Staff), Hafted Defense, Improved Defenses, Toughness, Discipline Adept
- At-Will: Dimensional Scramble, Psychic Anomaly, Force Grasp
- Encounter: Shard Swarm, Far Hand x2, Forceful Push x2, Dream Blade
- Daily: Living Missile, Force Spheres, Echoing Boom
- Utility: Teleport Self, Shared Recovery, Mind over Flesh
- Dimensional Scramble: +15 attack vs Fort, 1d6+9 damage plus teleport
- Implement: Aversion Accurate Staff +2
- Implement: Orb of Nimble Thoughts +1
- Armor: Flowform Cloth Armor +2
- Arms: Diamond Bracers
- Hands: Antipathy Gloves
- Head: Circlet of Mental Onslaught
- Neck: Periapt of Cascading Health +2
- Feet: Boots of Eagerness
- Waist: Diamond Cincture
- Tattoo: Eager Hero's Tattoo
- Dragonshard Augment: Siberys Shard of the Mage
- Gear: Standard Adventurer's Kit