New PlayersSo, you want to play the D&D Miniatures Game? Great! Here's how to get started:
- Download and read the latest Battle Rules.
- Get yourself some miniatures. A 2008 Starter Set is a fine place to start, as you'll get yourself a some battle maps along with the miniatures. Reall, though, any expansion is fine.
- Download stat cards for the miniatures you just bought. Stat cards for all D&D Miniatures expansions will be made available by the end of 2009. You can print the cards on card stock, use a warband-building tool, or donate to the DDM Guild for professionally-printed cards.
- Get yourself a battle map or twelve. Again, the 2008 Starter Set is a great way to get started. New maps also are available for DDM Guild donors. Finally, check out our map wiki for full information on where to find all available battle maps.
- Figure out how you'll keep track of your creatures' HP, conditions, etc. Some players use dice or counters. Some players write on a piece of paper. Some players sleeve their cards and use dry-erase markers. Experiment and have fun!
That's about it! You're ready to get started playing one of the best games EVAR! Cry havoc and let loose the dogs of war!