3 months ago ::
Mar 06, 2013 - 10:49AM
Below is some info for an online DnD Roleplaying Server I really enjoy. Everyone stays in character and the server is always up, so it makes gaming around a busy schedule much easier. I have done both PnP and this server, and I do really enjoy the server. Take a look.
City of Arabel: A Neverwinter Nights Persistent World
Wanted, Role-Players! The City of Arabel (CoA) server would like to invite you to partake in a role-playing experience like few others. CoA is a free and persistent server that utilizes the Neverwinter Nights I game engine to tell a detailed, continually evolving, and in depth story arc. Set in the Forgotten Realms Campaign and using the Dungeons and Dragons rules; CoA is centered on the city of Arabel and the surrounding lands. Below are both an explanation of everything you need to know to get started, and some in-depth details on the CoA server itself. Come Join the Fun!
I. How to Get Started:
1. Copy of Neverwinter Nights I (Windows)
- www.gog.com/gamecard/neverwinter_nights_... (9.99 USD)
2. Download the CoA HAKs (Graphical Overrides for Neverwinter Nights I)
- forum.cityofarabel.com -> HAKs -> City of Arabel Launcher
3. Take a Look at the CoA New Player Handbook
- forum.cityofarabel.com -> New Players Handbook
4. Use the City of Arabel Launcher to Launch the Game, Dive In Game and Join the Fun!
II. City of Arabel Details:
- Free, Persistent World, Pro Hosted (Always Up)
- DnD Roleplaying, Players are Always In Character
- DMs Provide the Framework and the Sandbox of the Setting
- Players Create Individual Plots for their Characters and Player Factions
- Player Plots Interact with Server Story Arcs to Drive the Overall Plot Arc
- Player Plots + DM Server Provided Story Arcs = The Awesome!
Why You Should Join:
- Dungeons and Dragons Role-Playing Online!
- We Love New Players!
- Characters Are Able to Drive the Overall Plot Arc
- Interesting and Evolving Story Arcs Provided by DMs