d20 AT-43 - Therians
AT-43 is more or less discontinued nowadays, and I thought it would be a good
subject for a d20 write-up. After all, AT-43 models can be purchased so cheaply it would be prudent for any d20 Future player to pick up a few for gaming purposes. The various races like the UNA or Red Blok are easy to write-up, but I thought the Therians deserved a bit more than that. d20 Therians
The Therians are a large cybernetic race of bio-mechanical cyborgs. Careless and unfeeling, the Therians are intent on bending the galaxy to their will. Therians are distinctive, Resembling large black-armored robotic skeletons with a white armored facemask. A fearsome bright orange glow seeps from beneath their armor plates powering their sophisticated biomechanical frames, as well as their weapons.
Therians have the ability to graft fearsome and powerful weapons to themselves; everything from wickedly sharp mechanical claws, to powerful high tech energy cannons. Therians can even graft themselves into giant bio-mechanical walking robots, turning themselves into giant walking tanks.
The Therians consider themselves to be the almighty craftsmen of a better universe, a universe which is to be organized and bent to their will. They have dedicated themselves to an extraordinary mission: each star,each planet must be transformed, remodeled. The Therians' abilities are infinite and their technology is all-powerful. All the resources in the universe could only offer a very temporary resistance against their will. Four factions meet around the prodigious Therian project.
• The Cyphers, who take care of the proper functioning of thedoom devices, which are used to transform conquered stellar systems into Therian heaven.
• The Warriors, who have developed a taste for combat along the countless battles fought against the combined forces of the universe. They lead the troops to victory.
• The Web Striders, who are secretly searching for the consciousnessthey believe lies deep inside the marvelous Therian machines. One day the machines will give birth to a new algorithmic life form.
• H/Babel - a mysterious sect, heretofore unknown.
All the Therians are united by the Therian dream; they all seek to wipe away the pathetic opposition of the short-sighted creatures opposing them. The confrontation between the Therians,supported by their powerful technology, and the primitive animals challenging them can only end in a bloodbath.The passage of time is the Therians’ ally because the future is on their side.
Therian Golem (Warrior)
Therian warriors are called Golems, and are assigned into either shooting-based units known as Storm Golem Squads, or assault-based units known as Assault Golem Squads.
Playing as a Therian Golem:
- +6 Strength, +2 Constitution, −2 Wisdom, −4 charisma: The Therian's robotic form gives them a sturdy build with powerful electro-fiber muscles; unfortunately, they are also careless and unfeeling bio-mechanical monstrosities. They lack caring, logic or personal skills.
- Medium Construct (living construct)
- A Therian Warrior's base land speed is 30 feet
- Powerful Build (Ex): +4 to grapple, bull rush, overrun. They are considered size category Large for weapons, natural attack tables, and carrying capacity.
- Darkvision: 60 feet (Ex): Their monstrous robotic heritage has left them with good vision in the dark spaceships and cavernous worlds Therians call home.
- Natural Armor: +4
- Damage Reduction 2
- Automatic Languages: Common/Basic
- Favored Class: Fighter/Fast Hero
- Level Adjustment: +2
- Therians take a -4 penalty to Hide checks due to the noticable bright orange glow that surrounds them.
- Therians have a +4 bonus to Intimidate checks. They are known for being cruel and capricious. Many an enemy has been struck down by a Therian energy weapon or eviscerated at the hand of a wickedly sharp metal Therian claw.
Construct Traits: Therians pass all Will saves they are required to make and are immune to poison, sleep, paralysis, stunning, disease and necromancy effects. Any effect that requires a fort save is harmless to a Therian. They are not subject to critical hits, energy drain, nonlethal damage, ability damage, ability drain or the effects of massive damage. Unlike other constructs, Therians are skilled constructs and gain 4 skill points per level.
Some other stuff I'm considering writing up:
Therian Wraith Golgoth
Therian Hero: Urash (5th level Fast Hero) claws and energy cannon
Therian Nina Zero
Therian Babylon Zero