I post to various forums and volunteer to GM something mainstream (Call of Cthulhu, Conan, and WFRP tends to get more 'role' players than if I volunteer to run a combat-monkey game..but sometimes volume of new players is helpful).
MY latest WFRP group was formulated by frequenting our local meetup.com and continuously greeting all new and recent members.
I have learned my lesson over the years that you MUST keep advertising for about 6 months even after you start your group because there will ALWAYS be turnover. Some people will leave and some people you will "let go."
I've found that an organized, high-visual ad with tear-offs at the FLGS helps, as does having a Yahoogroup or Googlegroup for people to immediately start to banter with the other players.
D&D Players Wanted
BIG COLORFUL PICTURE HERE
New adult D&D group in LAKEWOOD looking for a few more friendly players for gaming a 2-3 times per month.
Email Jay at EMAIL HERE or phone me after 7pm at PHONE HERE if you’re interested.
"The Zamoran thief told me the Pelishtim can abnormally live forever. Maybe that's how that bastard made it so far out into the Red Waste before the Darfari cannibals got him. We recovered his map when one of them tried their luck Daiji over there. We're headed north to Koth so if you want the map, we'd be willing to part with it..for a price..."
Then I send everybody a questionnaire. Anybody who's too uptight to fill it out, well, they're excluded. Anybody who is too much of an idiot to lie on their questionnaire so as not to look like an idiot is excluded.
Then I try them out for a night with the regular group. We generally pick-on and harass new players in typical sophomoric fashion. If they stick they stick.
PLAYER BIO / QUESTIONNAIRE
Below is a standard, confidential questionnaire we ask of all potential players because I don’t let anonymous people into my house.
- After you return the BIO, we’ll consider you for a spot in our game group. Please return it to: email
- Our groups typically consist of players ages 25-45. We don’t smoke, but occasionally drink alcohol during the game.
- We expect fellow players to : A) Learn the game system and B) Create an interesting character, and C) Keep character and back-up character updated, D) leave your personal problems and politics at home, we’re here to have fun gaming and forget about life for a while.
- Game sessions tend to be fast-paced, swords & sorcery, high-adventure, with strong character elements. We like a “beer-n’-pretzels”-style of gaming - not deathly serious all the time, but still involving.
- Current campaigns: Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 3e. We expect you to purchase the player’s guide or core rule set if you intend to continue gaming with us.
Jay Hafner (7phone EMAIL
Experienced DM having run extensive campaigns and lots of writing for Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay, Pathfinder, D&D Conan, Cthulhu, and a bunch of other games. Hobbies outside gaming include backpacking, family time, hiking, mountain biking, windsurfing, and shooting hoops.
We game in western Lakewood off 470 and Alameda (Solterra area). Game locations and times are given to current members on the Yahoogroup.
- 2-3 Thursdays evenings a month
- 6:45 -10:45 pm.
- Our players are required to attend 90% of the game sessions. If you cannot make it, please look elsewhere.
STANDARD PLAYER BIO
City of residence:
Do you have consistent working hours?
Can you provide your own transportation to every game session?
What barriers would you have to making it on time to 90% of the game sessions?
What kind of experience and preferences do you have with D&D, Pathfinder, Warhammer Fantasy ROLEPLAY and other RPG’s?
What are your top two sci-fi/fantasy book or comic, or movie picks?
Do you DM/GM any game systems?
Which Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay scenarios (any edition) have you played?
What other things to you do for fun? (besides gaming, reading or playing the computer)
In brief, describe your two best characters (from any game system):
Briefly describe your last two in-person gaming groups and how long you gamed with them:
The most important personality characteristics that you would bring to the game would be?
What kind of aversions do you have towards descriptions of violence, gore, vile evil, tasteless jokes, foul language, gamers that drink and game, ancient slavery, common PC death, prostitution themes, historical female and male family roles, in-party romance, references to adult situations, and intolerance of rules-lawyering?
Please note any other thoughts on what you look for in a group or campaign:
Return this to me ASAP at e,mail and then we can get you added to the discussion group as vacancies occur.
Gamer Chiropractor - Hafner Chiropractic 305 S. Kipling st,Suite C-2, Lakewood, Co 80226 www.hafnerchiropractic.com