I read all class and the rules for playtest and i'm very annoyed.
- return of the save rolls: fixed defenses were a good idea in d&d4; less dice rolls is better, it's accelerate the combat rounds and the only d20 roll for save ends are light too
- area effects: you came back to old way, with a lot of impression and very hard for not experienced MD and potential arguing with players and dm
- healing: it will be very hard to balance the encouters. all heal depend on healing spell if DM kill the healer, the group is wipe
- fighter: it's a joke? come back to old way, the boring way?
- priest: it's a joke? come back to memorisation way? If u dont want at will/ encounter / daily stuff, take THE GOOD THINGS IN DND2.5, the mana system...
- mage: it seem to be the only one wich is playable and fun, and finally it's the only wich function as dnd4 characteur: at will and daily powers finally
-rogue: it's a joke? no TP? no special deplacement?
You are completely failed: You want to convince DND3.5 gamers to play to a new system... You can do what you want, they DON'T WANT TO CHANGE. You just will loose your DND4 players. They are people who are agree to change or fresh players.
You want to know my dream? Dnd5 based on DND4 and some good ideas from DND2.5 as avantages or disavantages..
In conclusion:A friend want to create a rpg federation... he ask to people the word they linked to pen and paper rpg..
first are Friendship and evasion...
Noone said "simulationism".