Ok, I was getting bored, so I thought to make this. This thread is to see if
we can make 101+ Animal Characters Like the Weasle or Snake or somthing.
I'll start off.
001: The Racoon: A masked theif, haveing high skill ranks in Stealth and Theivery. They always stick to the shadows and try to avoid notice. If they see somthing "Shiny," they always try to pick pocket it.
002: The Fox - A suductress, easily can get any information on pritty much anything. They have high Charisma along with Diplomacy and Bluff to get the information they want out of you, one way or the other.
003: The Weasel: Possesses strong Bluff and Stealth skills. Always wants the most he can get away with for the least amount of effort. He always expects things for free and likes to distort and twist rules for his own profit. Whines whenever he feels things are "unfair" to him.
004: The Badger: Gruff and tactiturn. He is overly defensive and tends to overreact violently to percieved slights or dangers. Has a large area of personal space and never tries to impose his views upon others. Tends to be slightly more amiable in underground areas than out in the open.
005 Ferret Much like the Raccoon except that he has the ability to randomly pull objects out of his pouch that could prove useful..... or belong to other party members.
006 Pig/Boar: A tough a strong meatshield with picky eating habits and high Int score.
007 Bear: A hulking individual, strong in Athletics and combat. Very territorial, but will often try to intimidate an opponent, only charging in if intimidation fails.
We Onlt got 7 so far? Oh man, I was hoping that we'ed get more then that
by now. Ah, how cairs, I got some to add. There some of my favorits too. So
there, we reached 10.
008: The Wolf: Oftain mistaken as a loner, a theme like this has a character with high Charisma, and oftain has High ranks in Intimidate. Despite his fierce reputation, he is very diplomatic. He trys to flank as much as possible.
009: The Raven: Despite his normal reputation, he has a High Intelligence and Wisdom score, maybe Chaisma too. He likes trikes and illutions and like the arcane classes suchs as Warlocks and Wizards.
010: The Hawk: A predtor that favors the bow as a weapon. A Ranged attacker with high Wisdom and Dextarity with a high Perseption skill. He Likes attacking from afar were his enemys cannot see him, but he can see them.
011 Crow: Angsty McAngsterson. Will probably have high Int scores and powers that deal necromantic damage. Also wears black 99.999999999999% of the time.
012 The Platypus - Completely unusual, random in both combat and roleplay. Almost always multiclassed. While being, at first glance, useless, it works pretty well.
013 The Squirrel *cough * loid - Verry Squirrely. Will constantly attempt to twist the wording of rules to gain extra benefit for his character. Not to mention he's absolutely nuts.
014 The Chicken - Tastes like itself. Usually calm, but when prodded enough times will calls for its brethren to enact the dreaded chicken storm. Has been known to kill a certain reoccurring elf-like creature on multiple occasions.
Lol, thoughs are good. Even saw an animal I didn't know... Anyone know wtf a Platypus is?
018: The Coyote: A trickter to the end. They love to be rogues, and train bluff. They may be anyoing in any kind of game, but hey, thats what their there for, comical releaf. More then likely, he will take Deadly Trickster Destiny.
0019: The Lion: A symble of hope on the battlefield, they usuraly have high STR and CHA and supporting others. He usuraly is a Cleric or Warlord, or at least has them with a MCF.
Oh, I remeber, it was that on thing this guy said he saw and everyone said he was lieing, and then they found it again. Had some odd features too, a mamale that laid eggs....
^ I love this thread!!!
0020 THE ELEPHANT: The loyal companion that is very protective (Defender), larger than life, fearless, unstoppable, and... never forgets!!!
Females lay eggs, the males have venomous spurs on their hind legs, *and* they can find prey by electrolocation... :D
23. The Monkey - high Dex and Cha, trained in Acrobatics and Athletics... Definitely a striker, although known more for just jumping around and throwing things than actually hitting. Tactics usually include hiding behind team-mates and screeching loudly in panic, and then chattering incessantly about combat prowess between fights.
Unfortunate genetic tendency to contract Chaotic Stupid Syndrome.
24. The Armadillo - tough and stalwart, often low to the ground, a born Defender who wears heavy armor with the nonchalance most people wear fashionable clothes. Has a propensity for searching every small nook and cranny, just in case something interesting or valuable might be there.
25. The Owl - a Rogue/Ranger multiclass, striker of the night, a master of stealth. You never see or hear him coming until after he's hit you...probably two or three times. Phenomenal Perception bonuses.
026 The Shark - always maxed out Intimidate and all physical skills. Rarely contributes in roleplay but once combat starts, it won't stop until the enemies are a fine red mist. Massive to-hit bonuses against bloodied foes.
027 The Canary - Gifted in social skills, usually diplomacy and bluff. Mostly stands back and cheers on her allies.
028 The Spider - A master of battlefield tactics, as well as political scandals. High bluff checks contribute to social manipulation.
029 The Anteater - Specializes in AOE damage. Not very good about laying the smack down, but can easily take out swarms of minions. Looks a bit like Renee Zelweger.
30:Octopus A two weapon fighting ranger whose arms seem to be everywhere at once when he fights. Is very good at both hiding and swimming. Has a high intelligence score.
31. THE VULTURE: a conniving rogue who likes to circle the battlefield taking quick stabs when no one is looking and then quickly darting away to safety. However, the vulture is always the first to ransack a location and search bodies for loot, picking the corpses clean of anything even remotely valuable. Keep your eyes on this one, the vulture is not particular about who he scavenges, friend or foe.
33. THE RHINOCEROS: The party's sturdy defender decked out in heavy armor with a tendency to lower his head and charge full-force into the enemy ranks. Usually quick-tempered and over-protective.
34The Cat: Arrogant, selfish, and thinks he owns the world. Extremely lazy - he lays in the sun alot. He rubs up against the ladies to show he likes them but the intelligent ones just want to kick him.
035 The Dog: Fiercly loyal to friends with a leaning towards the fighter and ranger classes. Often willing to take the longest watch during an extended rest, and is quick to defend his allies, though is rarely a leader.
036 The Goldfish: Looks nice and happy, but not too much going on upstairs. Startles easily.
037 The Hyena: A lurking rogue or warlock who picks off the weaker opponents when they show weakness. A coward at heart, he never enters combat unless he's sure there are others present to take the heat. Also, not afraid to pick the scraps from a stronger ally.
038 The Hare: Fleet of foot and always on the lookout for danger. Often a ranger or rogue with a huge focus on Perception and Stealth. Definitely a scouting character.
39 Platypus - I mean what is that thing!?!...and they are poisoners...wtf
040 Tarresque (technically it's an animal): A big fat guy that eats a lot and takes a lot of pain. May be unable to handle flying enemies.
041 The Leech - Never participates in anything. Complete drain on party resources and is a constant irritation. Never survives long if properly treated(i.e. exterminated)
042 The Hyena - Annoying, loves to joke around. Prefers to take out already weakened enemies but rarely harms any enemy first.
042: The Weasel Fast talking, charismatic rogue (in a generic sense), who never ever tells the truth and only has a most basic understanding of personal property. Tends to get others to do the dirty work. Lovable and completely untrustworthy. About half the PC I play fit this catagory.
1) The Weasle is already taken, sorry [so we still need a 42.]
42. KOMODO DRAGON The quiet but aggressive type that doesn't play well with others. Probably a striker dealing in poisons and deadly diseases. His awkward size belies his true agility and speed.
43 Turtle - Plays defense a lot, moves slowly (cautiously) but (and) always beats the hare. Tends to practice ninjitsu and *loves* pizza.
44 Dolphin - Highly intelligent, carefree, charismatic, diplomatic, and dexterous.
45 The Duck- The newest fighter in the party. Usually loud and quick to run away. Will most likely die if you leave him alone in the middle of a battle.
Seems most of the animals I used for my ani-men have been touched on, but I'll add what I can.
46. The Tiger: A strong warrior who fights with passion and ferocity. At home in the jungle. Makes a good defender, but is probably better served as a striker.
47. The Serpent: A creature that spews venom, whether it be from his words or his blades. Has an unaturally disturbing countenance. Good for any class that takes advantage of poison, nut are best as controllers.
These won't count, but here's my others:
The Lion: Symbols of courage, they are stout of heart and utterly fearless. They have high Intimidate and are best served as defenders.
The Monkey: They see no evil, speak no evil, and hear no evil. They also enjoy copying others' movements. Their Wis skills tend to be high, especially Insight. They make effective leaders.
The Rabbit: They say a rabbit's foot brings luck, and these have two. Watch out!! They specialize in Cha-based skills and can be useful as either strikers or leaders.
The Rat: Moving from one dark patch to the next, the rat is extremely deadly in the darkness. Their Dex and Wis skills make them good strikers.
The Shark: Not big, but very strong, you never want to be between a shark's jaws. Pure tanks, they make the perfect defender.
The Wolf: Deadly in packs, the wolf is unnaturally perceptive, being strong in Wisdom-based skills. They can fit as leaders or controllers.
049. The Jackal Favoring subtlety and the shadows she studies her prey closely. Waiting patiently for the moment to strike. Suddenly she leaps from the shadows and the only thing that can be seen is a crumpled body hanging from her jaws.
050. The Feathered Serpent (Hell if the Tarresque counts!) A wise old mentor hidden in the clouds at the peak of a tall mountain. He guides his companions with keen vision and protects them with the primordial powers of wind and storm.
51. THE TICK: He is MIGHTY!!!! Champions the cause of justice... beware evil-doers. Usually accompanied by a moth and sometimes a little wooden boy. SPOOOOONNNN!!!!
52: The Bat - Swift of wing with all around blindsense to warn others of impending doom. Where does he get all those gadets?
53. Cheetah Stalks his prey with some good stealth action, then bolts out super fast towards his mark and makes trip attacks to bring his foe down. Then bites the jugular!
55. Snail - Slow moving, well armored, 'sticky' fighter. Leaves some kind of trail in its wake (destruction or slime, its up to you).
56. Chicken - Runs away from battle a lot. Runs around in circles if its head gets cut off. Makes excellent breakfast and/or dinner for the rest of the group.
[wow, we're running out of Real Animals, anyone know we can use Mithical Animals?]
057. The Dragon: A strong and Inteligent Warrior. He fights as one with his weapon and his almost imposible to beat. Tend to be dragonborn to get his Fire Breath and takes the Dragonborn Racial Feats.
058. The Pheonix: A Strong willed Wizard that mainly focuses on his fire damageing spells. He redid hid fluff for the Lanturn into a small harmless flame. When epic, he Takes Archamage or Demi for there powers that resemble him "Riseing Again."
059 The Coral Reef-A huge piece of sentient and intelligent furniture that doesn't move and really doesn't affect things at all except to get in the way. In fact, most other characters aren't at all aware that he's another character.
060 The Chimera - A combination of 2 or more of these archetypes. Sort of a platypus taken to an extreme.
I feel that the Platypus is overpowered, infringing too much into the role of reptiles and birds while still being powerful in its core mammal mechanics. It is completely against the 4e concept of team play. I for one would like to see an official errata/nerf.
061: Polar Bear: much like a Bear, this character is larger than life, focuses on intimidation and will bring the pain should it be necessary. However, this character is from The North, and finds the antics of those from the warm climes to be amusing. Alternatively, the player complains always of the room being too warm or stuffy.
62. The Sheepdog
This tall, rangy Inspiration Warlord keeps the fight centered on the defender and tightly packed, harrying enemies who try to escape the central melee and barking orders at his teammates. Mobility is essential to this character, who circles the fight and closes in on the biggest threat, flanking it until it is brought down and shearing the enemy's lines of escape. He's charismatic, but not terribly patient. Favors hides and long, straight blades.
63. The Ape
He's the biggest, hairiest vegetarian you've ever met. Favors archery rangers and range rogues. His favorite strategy is to take a position in the trees and throw crap at his enemies. He likes people, but is extremely fussy about good manners, and once you're out of his good books he'll just as soon club you to death as suffer your presence. He prefers the company of women, which is complicated by his indifferent approach to hygiene.
64. The Alligator
He's got a thick neck, broad shoulders and an even temper. When the party is in town he doesn't leave the inn much, keeps to himself and is very tight with his money. It's hard to imagine a guy that big in that much armor could move as fast as he does, but you've seen him run down unarmored elves and snatch stirges out of the air with one swipe of his gauntletted fist. Preferred class: fighter. High strength, low charisma, avoids extended skill challenges whenever possible, favoring short bursts of activity punctuated by a lot of biding his time.
65. The Bee
She's a halfling rogue, probably a daggermistress. She prefers to avoid combat, but when there's no choice but to fight she's fearless to the point of heedlessness. She's terribly concerned with family, and hers is huge. She's got more brothers and sisters than some villages have villagers, and her mother keeps her sons living close to hand so she can press the daughters-in-law into service maintaining her household. You know all this because she drones on about them all the time, and insists on frequent returns home to tithe some of her share of the treasure to the family. You love her, but she's got the most annoying voice you've ever heard, and she's not afraid to use it.
63. The jellyfish Most often considered useless and just floating about in the group, evenon the battle field he seems to harlessly shift between creatures rather than attack. But beware those who mearly pass him, for his twin flails are dealy to opportunist attacks.
64. The greatjaw behemoth (T-Rex) is all about size and intimidation, turning a whole battlefield to his advantage with a well placed roar to shake his foes.
065 The snail: He...will...run...over...there...and...kill...you...eventually...Don't...try...
65. The frog either a brightly colored and poison wielding opponent specalising in riposete. or, a dark colored melee ranged striker, either one with max ranks in athletics and acrobatics.
66. Howler Monkey Inspiring Warlord build, with high Charisma and little else. Player will take any excuse to make big noises at the table, and yell at other players what they should do (he doesn't really care if they listen to him, as long as he can talk big).
67 The Blue Jay- Never flashy in anything they do but they never go anywhere without being seen and are always a source of inspiration. High Charisma leader type with a smattering of spell casting thrown in for good measure.
68 The Human- High Int and Wis low stats in everything else. Has to use technology to be equal to other animals. Also, always wears clothes and thinks sex is a chaotic evil act.
69. The Squirrel: Total Dex monster Rogue. Takes all the possible dex, dodge, and move bonuses, and thus is very adept at avoiding danger. Can't stop himself from grabbing treasure and hiding it from everyone else, though. Sometimes has such a long list of treasure and hiding places that he forgets what he has and where it is. Cute but sometimes annoying.
And most people think he's 'just nuts.' (There, I said it - happy now?)
Since the Squirrel has been used already, and mythics are an option...
69. Unicorn A good, gentle, and noble person in most situations, he becomes very fierce when attacked or cornered. Give him liberty, or give him death: he would rather die than be captured by his enemies, or put into any sort of chains. Very charismatic, people tend to rely on him. Deciet, particularly poisoning, tends to send him into a fierce sweat. While generally chaste, he can be a bit of a lady's man, and is infatuated with the ideal of an innocent, pure woman. He's somewhat gullible, though, particularly when someone lures him in with a distressed damsel. Probably has high ranks in heal and diplomacy, and is probably a cleric or a paladin.
70. The Gorilla: A barbarian powerhouse, with decent intelligence and from time to time a gentle spirit.
71 The Goat: Country boy with an awkward beard and large ears... this guy has a weed sticking out of his mouth that he chews endlessly, huffing as a response to most conversation. Far smarter than he looks, when he finally does talk, his voice is pitched higher than you'd imagine... but his words are wise and worthy of consideration. And, this guy can get out of ANY bind. Nothing holds him... he could escape from hell.
(I have goats... they're the animal kingdom's best escape artists)
(Cast Ressurect on thread.)
72 Velociraptor: Rogues that work well in groups and have a surprisingly high lockpicking skill.
73 Rabbids: A tribe of berzerkers with low INT, DEX... but are renown for their ferocity and their warcry.
77. Sea Cucumber: The deceptive striker/Defender. Lulls his opponents into attacking him by apearing weaker than he is. Wearing flashy robes over scale mail and holding spear (tip sheathed) upside-down to mask as a Wizard or proudly displaying (non-magical) holy symbol as a Cleric. May walk with false limp.
78. Orangutang: Intelligent caster who favors brightly colored clothing and is rarely encountered without at least partial cover. Low initiative. Vocal ranged attacks from advantageous positions.
79 The Wasp Fast, intelligent, and agile, this character has a bad attitude when angered which often happens because of taunting to do his frightening appearance.
80 The Squid Intelligent and wise, this character uses psionic powers to twist the mind of enemies...and he tastes great fried...kalamari anyone?
81 The Giant Enemie Crab Known for his use of real-time weapon changing, the only way to defeat this character is to attack its weak point for massive damage.
82. The Leech lurks under total cover, waiting for a perfect opportunity to strike. Primary attack is a grab, followed by a magical transfer of life energy from the victim to itself.
83the trapdoor spider heavy lurk and strikes with an opportunist attack as they pass over him, often to use a swap place power to lock the foe in a chest or secret room.
84the displacer beastspiked chain arcane user, specalizing in illusion and personal movement spells (personaly I like a spiked chain feylock for this one)
85 the Lemur- large eyed, first reaction is "what is it!?", second "what is that!? LOL fighter poke it!!!" best perception for traps and theivery to disarm a trap but never risks it. mostly a ranger.
86. The Hamster: Short, overweight guy whose not very strong and can't really do anything well save running away. Has the special ability to cram himself under anything to hide or get away.
87. The Crab: a literal tank of a fighter, adept at grappling while in combat.
88. The Bull: The big idiot who bullrushes everything, even larger creatures.
89: Utahraptor: Swift despite his size, makes a good Rouge and works well in teams. His Sneak Attack owns.
90: Spinosaurs: Ecclestical, large, mean, basically a Charismatic, intimadating Striker.
91: Jellyfish: Slow, stupid, but very painful to come into contact with. Good Defender.
92. The Leopard/Jaguar/Panther - Small person rogue or fighter with strength that is totally beyond their size and loves to hang out in high areas like trees just out of reach and watch and taunt others. She is very possessive and dresses flambouyantly. She has many bad habbits, but never changes them.
93. The Crocodile - Seemingly lazy defender who stays quiet and usually goes unnoticed. Likes to hang out in swamps or other dingy and dark areas and tends to smell musty. When he leaps into action it usually involves him viciously and mercilessly ripping people apart with such cold-bloodedness it makes everyone else sick. Every now and then he'll be sarcastically regretful of his viciousness.
94. The Rabbit - Quick as a bolt, disturbingly lucky and always eating way too much or in a hurry somewhere because she is late. Usually quiet, mild and timid, but in private is unbelievably amorous. Has a half a dozen lovers in every town, but everyone thinks she is simply cute, sweet and innocent.
I am seeing WAY too many animals here humans have never observed, much less made characterizations of and we still haven't ran out of actually usable animals. Try the insect kingdom instead of dinosaurs!
95. THE MOTH: Swift and agile character with the ability to fly. Very dexterous and... ooh, a bright and shiny light!!!
96. The praying mantis: A ranger that uses scale armor (exoskeleton) and light blades, multiclass with paladin or cleric. Always pray before a battle.
Saved the thread
97. The Heron: dose very little for the first few rounds of combat but then unleashes hell with a huge stack of attack bonuses or healing, most of the time he is a leader or a striker, if you have a dragonborn or a taifling in your group (or better yet both) don't expect him to pull out all the stops till someones bloodied.
98- The Anklyosaurus- typically a Dwarf wearing the biggest heaviest armor they can with shield and mace specializing in big sweeping style attacks the knock prone and knock around their opponents
99- Bat. Highly mobile, high stealth, works best with concealment whose main function is picking off minions.
100 Firebat. Highly mobile, leaves a smoldering path in her wake and will often target one foe untill they are overcooked before moviing onto the next.
101! The Zebra. An alert and highly nervous social animal, even with camoflage that does nothing to help against the enviroment, when mingeling in its own cocial circles, he is but a blur in the background.
Had to finish it with a Z!
101 THE GOD: MOST OVERPOWERED POWERGAMER EVER!!! frequents the char op boards, copies builds ver patum, most likely a wizard or cleric
101 The electric eel: Appears harmless, then reveals a powerful attack. Most likely starts combat with some debuffs before finishing with a strong attack, probably a rogue
Post Your Reply
Please login to post a reply.