Sep 25, 2007
I have sort off posted this item before in some other thread, but here goes.
Simon Belmont's Balled Whip.
This enlarged +3 silvered holy bane (Undead/Evil Outsider) whip was the favoured weapon of the famous vampire slayer, Simon Belmont. It consists of a 30 ft. long chain with a spiked ball at the end. Though it was wielded as a whip, the damage is similar to that of a morningstar (2d6+2 Bludgeoning and Piercing, 2d6 extra to evil aligned creatures, 2d6+2 extra damage to undead/evil outsides). The whip requires a minimum strength of 15 to wield properly, as well as the "Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Balled Whip)" feat. Though this whip is considered a large weapon for the purpose of damage and reach (30 ft.), a medium sized wielder does not take a -2 penalty for inappropriate size, nor does it take any more effort to use.
Furthermore, the weapon bestows one negative level on any evil creature attempting to wield it. The negative level remains as long as the weapon is in hand and disappears when the weapon is no longer wielded. This negative level never results in actual level loss, but it cannot be overcome in any way (including restoration spells) while the weapon is wielded.
Strong conjuration/evocation [good]; CL 12th; Craft Magic Arms and Armor, enlarge weapon, holy smite, summon monster I, creator must be good; 128,675 gp.
Balled Whip (Exotic One-Handed Melee Weapons)
Cost: 180 gp.
Dmg (S): 1d6
Dmg (M): 1d8
Dmg (L): 2d6
Range Increment: —
Weight: 10 lb.
Type: Bludgeoning and Piercing
A balled whip is a highly rare exotic weapon that consist of a 15 ft. long chain with a morningstar-like ball at one end. It has all the properties of a whip, except that you can threaten the area into which you can make an attack and deals damage like a morningstar.
Using a balled whip provokes an attack of opportunity, just as if you had used a ranged weapon.
You can make trip attacks with a balled whip. If you are tripped during your own trip attempt, you can drop the balled whip to avoid being tripped.
When using a balled whip, you get a +2 bonus on opposed attack rolls made to disarm an opponent (including the roll to keep from being disarmed if the attack fails).
Unlike an ordinary whip, you can't use the Weapon Finesse feat to apply your Dexterity modifier instead of your Strength modifier to attack rolls with a balled whip.
Special: The wielder requires a minimum strength 13 to make optimal us of a balled whip. Creatures with a lower strength score take a -2 penalty on their attack rolls as if the weapon inappropriately sized for them.
Jun 17, 2009
The Unarmed Strike of Seefi Lüs
Unarmed Stike (Magic, Lawful, Good, Evil, Cold Iron, Adamantine, Epic, Silt Bane, Keen, Vorpal, Dehydrating, Exhausting, Blinding, Confusing, Wounding, Axiomatic, Holy, Holy Power, Corrosive, Mindcrusher, Power Storing, Cursespewing, Collision, Energy Aura, Flaming, +18) +78/ +78/ +78/ +78/ +75/ +72/ +69/ +66 (8d8+63 +3d6 holy +1d6 acid +1d6 fire +1d6 acid, cold, electricity, or fire) Crit: 19-20/x2
Type: Bludgeoning and Slashing
* Seefi Lüs can combine a jump and a charge to deal devastating amounts of damage. If he can reach an opponent, he makes a regular charge attack. If he strikes, his damage is multiplied by x6 (x2 from Manits Leap, x2 from Leap Attack, x2 from Flying Kick, x2 from his set, and x2 from his Thri-Kreen feet, see "adding multipliers" in the PHB).
* Seefi Lüs' jump-kick can be used as a line attack. To use this ability, he jumps in any strait line, and rolls attack and damage for all foes in a 5 ft. wide line.
* Seefi Lüs can knock back foes with tremendous force, due to his Penetrating Beam of the Sun ability. Seefi Lüs must announce upon striking his foe whether or not to use this ability. If he does, the foe is knocked back 5 feet per Warrior of the Sun level he posseses. Any obstacle in the way may impede this and deal damage accordingly.
* Any creature struck by Seefi Lüs' unarmed strike takes 2d4 points of Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution damage. In addition, they are Blinded (-2 to AC, fails all sight-based skills, moves at half speed, all foes are treated as invisible), Confused (act chaoticly), and Exhausted (-6 penalty to Strength and Dexterity, moves at half speed, and must rest an hour to become fatigued). In addition, creatures take one point of damage every round per strike (this is cummulative, and does not end until magical healing is applied to the creature). They also take an extra 2d6 points of damage if they have the silt sub-type and/or are chaotic. Any evil creatures struck take an extra 3d6 points of good damage and gain one negative level, on a critical hit, this damage is increased to 6d6 and the creature is subject to two negative levels. These negative levels stay forever. These negative levels do not cause actual level loss. Any creature subject to a critical hit from Seefi Lüs is beheaded.
* After a sucessful attack, a foe is subject to a curse that gives a -4 penalty on all attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks. This is not cumulative with successive strikes.
* Seefi Lüs can store a targeted power of up to 5 power points in his unarmed strikes.
* Any creature struck by Seefi Lüs has its corruption score raised by one. This causes physical abnormalities as shown in Heroes of Horror.
* Whenever Seefi Lüs deals damage to a creature, that creature looses power points equal to half the weapon damage he deals (not any extra damage or strength bonus is figured in). Any creature out of or lacking power points must make a DC 17 Will save or take 1d2 Wisdom damage.
Flurry of Blows (Magic, Lawful, Good, Evil, Cold Iron or Silver, Adamantine, Epic, Silt Bane, Keen, Vorpal, Dehydrating, Exhausting, Blinding, Confusing, Wounding, Axiomatic, Holy, Holy Power, Corrosive, Mindcrusher, Power Storing, Cursespewing, Collision, Energy Aura, Flaming, +18) +78/ +78/ +78/ +78/ +78/ +78/ +75/ +72/ +69/ +66 (8d8+63 +3d6 holy +1d6 acid +1d6 fire +1d6 acid, cold, electricity, or fire) Crit: 19-20/x2
Type: Bludgeoning and Slashing
* Seefi Lüs may take a full attack action after a charge for the first six rounds of combat, due to his Merciless Onslaught of the Sun ability. All attacks made againt a foe in a round gain a cumulative +1 bonus. Seefi Lüs may choose to take two extra attacks in a round, incurring a -5 penalty on all attacks in the round (This includes attacks of opportunity, the extra attacks are included above).
Hey, it's not an actual magic item, but it can whup any artifact's ass. Gained through feats and class abilities.