Greetings Raul and Merry Christmas to you!
Maybe my fault StevenO. When I as refering to "energy" I mean the typical "laser bolt" that in some RPG games consider energy itself.
These days I have been watching with a pair of friends a TV Show called "The Deadliest Warrior" (not sure about name).
In the show they use to make some "distinctions" about damage types, impacts and armors.
For example, Chain Mail its almost invulnerable to Slashing damage, offer no protection (or probably near 0) to Piercing and the same to Bludgeon. No nergy because we don't have blaster yet XD
Intead of that, a French Steel Plate (C. XVII) offers tons of protection againts non heavy piercing weapon, bluegeoning and slashing. A smal powder gun has almost non effect on Plate (but yes the More heavy arcabus).
Also they made some samples with "frag grenades". They say that some of that armor protect from the "fragmentation" (piercing damage) but the bludgeon damage (secondary) and the "other" (sonic maybe) would probably kill the person in those armors.
Returning to ST Armors. Without remembering (or no so much at least)... the mighty ewoks! XD OMG Lucas!
I have to say that I readed a few explanations that "almost" convinced me... I have a really open mind yes XD
Ewoks didn'ts broke the armors, but repeteadly contusion provoked ST inconscience.
Also I readed from Wookipedia that ST armors starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Stormtrooper_arm...
- It also protected the troopers from very harsh environments as well as projectiles and kinetic energy weapons.
- The armor significantly reduced damage to the wearer from a blaster bolt, but it could be completely penetrated by a more powerful cannon blast.
- The body glove allowed for operation in warm or cold climates, however it could protect the trooper from almost any environment -- from total vacuum conditions to the very extremes in cold and heat for a very limited period of time.
(TK329 reference - "Our body armor isn’t able to withstand direct blaster shots, but it is designed to survive the most extreme conditions."
- The armor, and the body glove
worn beneath, were designed to disperse the energy of a blaster bolt and insulate the wearer, lessening injury. Although standard armor lacked the durability to make the wearer immune to cannon
fire, it could partially deflect or disperse energy from low, medium, and high-energy blaster bolts; though the wearer may be incapacitated, survival would allow the trooper to receive advanced medical treatment that may return him to service.
- It also deflected stun beams, and served as excellent protection against explosions and shrapnel, thereby drastically reducing the effective casualty radius of fragmentation weapons used against troops wearing such armor.
- It was almost impossible to kill a stormtrooper with a slugthrower
unless the bullet was abnormally large, specifically armor piercing, or if it hit the body glove or visor lenses.
- Although this armor provided less protection from blaster weapons than wartime Phase I and Phase II armor, it offered superior protection from the elements.
Also it speaks about chemical protection due to the air seal and that some ST wear personal shield generator that protect from energy but not from, for example, vibroblades.
(Sorry for the long text XD)
So the summary seems to be that:
- Almost invulnerable to Piercing (slugthrowers and some frag damage).
- Slashing (Probably the same as Piercing)
- Resistance to Bludgeon (not extremely high but it was some).
- Good Energy protection (at least that says wookie but not rebels from Tantive IV or Han and Leia XD)