The Coalition League - Working together to have fun
Welcome to the Coalition League, rather than just a normal league as found back in the days of version two I’m going to bring you a rather special version for all players to join in no matter your favourite set or block.
The third season will start on the 1st of November 2010 and will be based on Mirrodin. You can only use boosters from the following sets Scars of Mirrodin, Mirrodin, Darksteel and Fifth Dawn.
There are quite a few rules as you would expect so please make sure you read all of them before deciding to join up when the second season starts.
1.Leagues will run in four week periods with a break between each league so you don’t burn out and lose interest or burn me out as the case may be.
2.There will be three posts on the wizards Player Run Events forums
3.The first will be the same as this article showing the rules of the format, this is also where the results will be displayed at the end of each week.
4.The second is for you to enter your match results The Coalition League Result Post. The league will run from Monday to Sunday, all results must be entered at the end of each week on Sunday in your time zone.
5.The third The Coalition League Card Pool is for you to enter the cards you have opened in your packs each week. You will need to edit your original post each week to save space.
1. Players can join in at any point during the league but will be at a disadvantage as they will not be allowed to play extra games to make up for any weeks that they missed.
2. The room to join to find other members of the league community in game is /join Coalition type it into a chat window to enter the room.
3. At the start of the league you get to choose any five boosters as your starting pool from the following Scars of Mirrodin, Mirrodin, Darksteel and Fifth Dawn. Each Monday for the following three weeks you can open an additional booster to add extra cards to your pool, this is not mandatory you could play the whole league with your five starting boosters.
4. Minimum deck size will be 40 cards as per current sealed decks, you can have your entire card pool as your sideboard.
5. You may add as many basic lands from your collection as you need to your deck, this also includes your sideboard.
6. You may not add any other cards from your collection.
7a. When you open a booster you will be required to take a screen shot and paste it into paint and save it. You will need to update The Coalition League Card Pool post with the type of pack opened and the contents, but will not be required to upload the image you have just taken. This will need to be saved and may be asked for in case of a dispute.
7b. As a request for budget players I'm also giving you the option to have randomly generated booster packs instead. If you desire generated boosters you will need to send me a message via the forum and I will generate the packs required and send the results to you so you can add them to the card pool thread.
8. You may sell any cards you wish from the packs as this will only affect your pool, but you cannot add any to take their place.
9a. If you open boosters you may not use different versions of cards as proxies you can only use the versions opened from your boosters, this rule does not apply to foil cards which may be sold and replaced with a non foil version from the same set.
9b. If you have generated boosters requested via myself Flippers_Giraffe you may use different versions of the cards as proxies.
10. The Coalition League Result Post must contain your online ID and your opponents with the score. Both players are required to submit a post.
For example W vs playera 2-1
11. The cut off for entering results is the end of Sunday night in your time zone, as I will be updating the results on Monday I will be able to capture all time zones.
12. If anyone is found cheating they will be banned for ever from every event that I run so be warned.
Playing League Games
All games are to be played in the anything goes room and must be marked “The Coalition League” games will be 2/3 30 mins and must be made watchable and in the Freeform format.
You may only play each player once a week
You can only play 5 league games a week
The Sunday Catch Up Rule
If you have not played all your games you may play players who have already played their five games for the week. You both record you scores as normal the player who has played 5 or more games must put a note on their result page to show it as a “Sunday catch up game” they will not receive points for this game.
Also on Sundays players can use the Sunday catch up rule to play games they are missing from previous weeks as well.
Note you may still only play a player once for each week even if it’s a catch up game, this could result in you playing the same person twice in a row but the games must be recorded for different weeks on the results page.
Points and Prizes
The prize support is as follows
1st Place 13 credits on www.mtgotraders.com
2nd Place 8 credits on www.mtgotraders.com
3rd Place 4 credits on www.mtgotraders.com
Points will be awarded for each round won.
At the end of each league the top three players will be awarded credit from our sponsor MTGOTraders. There will also be a gate prize for a random player who didn’t make the top three but played in each week of the league this will be donated by myself Flippers_Giraffe, the season three gate prize is an M11 Day of Judgment.
Please remember the sponsor www.MTGOTraders.com when purchasing boosters/singles for the league without them there would be no prizes.
At the end of each week the main The Coalition League post will be updated with the rankings, at the end of the four weeks (last day 28th of November 2010) the top three players will win the prizes. In the case of a tie then I will deduct any loses from their points to work out who out of the tied players works out with the highest points. If this is still the same then a playoff will be required. I will also write an article on PureMTGO covering the months activates to attract further players and advertise the next season.
The league will start on 1st of November 2010
Please join the group if you are interested
As soon as you enter your card pool in the The Coalition League Card Pool thread that is treated as signing up to the season two league.
Any questions please feel free to add a comment in the group or catch me in game.
Thanks for your interest Flippers_Giraffe