*theAtog's DecayStitcher - Pretty cool. Does some new and innovative stuff. Shows off zombies' new BG identity.purplebackpack89
- Too color intensive. Kind of a generic lord. The universal regen is cool. Granting trample w/ a potentially monoblack card is a little weird.
*Dudibus - Pretty cool. I can see why it's a zombie, but is it representative of BG zombies?
*Libe - Cool ability, seems like it wants to be on a bigger creature though, since at some point you'll probably want to cast a larger creature than this guy. Might get stupid with Narcomoeba
in dredge decks. One more reason to hate dredge.Tequilasaurus
- Neat theme for zombies, and the card's decent.SimonGlume
- Works pretty good with undying. Looks a little weird with regen though. Maybe an overcosted undying until eot ability instead? That would give it more mechanical unity.Dream_Spinner
- This just doesn't come together for me. The bit about infecting the land to infect the creaues is cool, but it doesn't scale too well, and that's kind of weird when you're putting counters on as many lands as you can. Making zombies off of infected creatures that die is rather nifty.
GeorgeW - I'm guessing the transformation triggers at the end of your turn? Dredge synergizes nicely with the graveyard P/T effect, but it's kind of weird that it loses the dredge granting ability. Also it's a little weird that it only transforms off of things going to the graveyard from the library. It cuts off a lot of the usual zombie interactions and leans it towards UB moreso than GB.
Thoctar - Pretty cool. Only playable in edh/ reanimator/ some other crazy combo, but who cares?
*TPmanW - The clear winner. The flavour is just so damn grokable, the balance is perfect, the elegance sublime, and the humility? Entirely lacking.
*Bay - What? I thought I was the last entry. I thought I was done my commentary
. Well-tread ground, but the morbid is a flavourful way to get something new out of it.
*Mown - Pretty sweet. I also like how it (looks like it) plays. The damage reduction can keep it alive pretty well, but also effectively gives anything that damages it wither. It seems very powerful at first glance, but of course it undermines the other cards that would work in the same strategy, enabling it to be zany. Also fun to enchant with a toughness booster.rafe62
- Overcosted. It's going to be smaller than boneyard wurm
most of the time and the token making doesn't justify the bump in cost. Also doesn't seem that iontensively BG. I don't see any problem in letting a three color deck have access to this, and even if that wasn't allowable 4 mana of eachcolor just makes it hard to get the right mana even in BG decks.morticianjohn
- Honestly? I don't get it.
This took too long. I'll choose a favourite later.
was probably the most poorly defined aspect of the horror theme. "Blaargh! I'm a vampire/scary animal(person), and I am mad!"
Edit- I'm voting for Mown's Gravemoss Shambler
. The thing is pretty damn cool.
* means you made it to the final stage of my review process.