Hi, I've some questions about the new rules, I would like to know the answers from the following things + explanation maybe.
1. I have Gyre Sage in play, I play Elvish archdruid . Does Gyre Sage get a counter or not?
2.I have Master biomancer in play, I play Elvish archdruid , Does Elvish archdruid enter the battlefield with 2 or 3 +1/+1 counters?
3. I have Gyre Sage and Elvish Archdruid in play. I play a 2/3 elf, does Gyre sage get a counter?
1) No, evolve won't trigger. trigger conditions are checked right after an appropriate event occurs. At that time, the Archdruid is on the battlefield (it entered it) and its ability applies, so the check sees the Sage already with the +1/+1 bonus applied.
2) 3. The Biomancer has a normal triggered ability (no intervening if clause like evolve). That trigger only checks the Biomancer's power when it resolves. You coulld even raise its power with Giant Growth or the like in response to the trigger to get even more counters.
3) Yes. The elf will have the bonus from the moment its on the field, so enters as a 3/4.
edit: I should've rtfc
Post Your Reply
Please login to post a reply.