Doing up a magic party tonight. Usually not big on drinking, but we are set to party tonight.
I wanna do some magic drinking games. Got any ideas?
get shot glasses in the mana colors and drink for each mana spent
that should get the job done
Alternatively, everytime a player is dealth damage, they take a drink for every lifepoint they lose. For players with mill decks, every time a player discards a card due to milling, take a shot.
You can take a shot to give the next spell you cast flash and the loser of the game takes five. Go wild!
ok so about 6-7 years ago i wrote some rules to MtDG, magic the drinking game. there are 11 rules and if you managed to get to the end of a game without alcohol poisoning then you are winning.
here are the rules for MtDG:
1.at the beginning of each players turn that player takes a drink.
2.whenever a permanent you control is placed in a graveyard from play, drink.
3. whenever a spell you play is countered, drink. if the countered spells caster attempts to counter the counter, the loser of the counter battle must drink for a number of seconds for each counterspell that went on the stack.
4. whenever a player "loses life" that player must drink for a number of seconds equal to amount of life lost. (a) if a player would gain life, that player may make another player drink for a number of seconds equal to amount of life gained.
5. if a player puts a card from their library into their graveyard that player drinks for a number of seconds equal to the number of cards placed in graveyard.
6.if a player would discard a card that player drinks for a number of seconds equal to cards discarded.
7. on any coinflip the loser must drink.
8. at the end of each game all players must finish their drink.
9. loser must fetch all drinks/refills for the next game. if playing multiplayer use a**hole heirarchy(president,vp,secretary,treasurer,a**hole)
10. a player who wins 3 consecutive matches may add a "world effect" that affects all players and can not be removed without winning 3 consecutive matches and negating effect. multiple effects stack i.e if person wins 3 games then wins another 3 games both effects that player created stack.
11. ALL cards are legal, including ante cards.
fillupurcup: That sounds like fun. I'll bring my high tide deck which comboes off and kills you with a massive brain freeze . I hope you're not playing battle of wits!
i will play a hindering touch on your brainfreeze....drink up friend
I've tried coming up with suitable conditions for drinking in Magic previously, but either it happens so much that players risk alcohol poisoning or players hardly ever drink.
Every third upkeep, a player drinks (either one swig of soft booze or one shot)? I really dunno. But drunk Magic is awesome, my favourite way to play, most definitely. I'm much better at it than under the effects of any other chem.
Whenever a player says a mediocre card is broken, everyone take a drink.
Whenever a player says "I'd tap that" and thinks it's clever, everyone takes a drink.
In an EDH game, take a drink whenever there's a boardwipe.
In the current Standard or Innistrad block constructed, take a drink whenever someone transforms something.
Take a drink whenever you get a poison counter.
Chug if someone wins or loses by nonstandard means. (A standard win is that everyone else loses. A standard loss is having 0 loss, being forced to draw a card when your library is empty, or having ten poison counters.)
Some of these rules seem downright suicidal with the right deck lol. Literally to the extent that even if you were drinking water you would probably drown yourself.
I CAP LOCKED all the main words from all the rules for the sake of remembering. Usually the first ten-fifteen minutes of ANY drinking game is people forgetting how to play. As you go on it gets easier to play. Some of these are specific to the way I play but oh well here goes..
* = Optional if playing with only 2 people
1. At the beginning of your turn, if your life is the lowest take a drink. *
2. At the beginning of your turn, if you life total is the highest, you may have any player take one drink. *
2. Whenever you deal damage to a player, or are dealt damage by another player, take a drink.
3. Whenever you have a spell COUNTERED, take a drink.
4. If you ever say "Is is my turn?" or "My turn?" take a drink.
5. If you FORGET to untap/tap your permanents, take a drink.
6. If you KNOCK your D20 life counter over, take a drink.
7. If you say anything about "MANA SCREW", or "MANA FLOOD", take a drink.
8. Whenever there is a BOARD WIPE, everyone drinks for X seconds where X is the number of permanents that went into all graveyards.
9. Whenever someone casts a spell with any of the following words in the card text, take a drink:
I might add to this later.
xD These are all terrible ideas that will result in smelly, vomitous death, unless you're using weak beer (then you'll just be completely trashed and hopefully run out of hooch before any permanent damage is done).
my friends and i have played a couple times using the rules i posted but we never made it much farther than 2 completed matches lol. if you ever played the game a**hole then you should be good as i used it to model the amount of drinking i expected when you add in the in play drinking games that happen during a game of a**hole, ie waterfalls, thumb game, and executive drinking orders.
Facepalm. Any one of these rule sets would result in a degree of mutual drunkeness among the participants that would make Cpt. Jack Sparrow look like the Pope.
Then again, perhaps that's the point...
Well the point of drinking games is to get drunk is it not?
Is the goal to get totally poop-faced by the end of the first game or the end of the evening? Because most of the suggested rules here will kill people by alcohol poisoning in less than 2 games.
play multiplayer. once you lose, drink until the game is over.
one way ticket to the emergency room.
These rules are probably tamer than some of the other sets that have been posted, but whatever.
Our playgroup just plays by the "combat damage rule":
This ruleset makes drinking a reward rather than a punishment. And it makes for interesting gameplay scenarios such as the "combat damage pact" (you and another player mutually agree to take a little bit of damage so that both of you can drink).
It's always been fun for us (none of us are huge drinkers), but YMMV.
We drunks don't play drinking games. If we want to play magic, we pour ourselves a glass of bourbon and shuffle up and drink whenever we get a chance. We don't need no silly bunny foo foo hopping through the forest drinking games to tell us when we can drink. If anything, that just limits our drunken tendencies. What if I really want to take a sip, but no one did X while Y-ing with Z currently in effect?
The only way I would get behind this is if there was a magic drinking game that had each player start with an emblem that has "Take a shot: Add 1 mana of any color to your mana pool."
I could easily foresee myself trying my best to get Autochthon Wurm out on turn 1.
I've never actually attempted MtG-related drinking games, but I have tried to come up with rules in my head before. It seems nearly impossible to make a set of rules that isn't easily abusable (ie, making a deck that's designed to make everyone else drink way more than yourself) and isn't so generalized that everyone ends up on the hospital. I would probably have to side with Uhhsam on this one, just play like you normally would while freely indulging in your favorite drink or other drug of choice. Not that I advocate using illegal drugs, because that would be a CoC violation, and I would never dream of committing such an offense.
Post Your Reply
Please login to post a reply.