Threads
Replies
Views
Latest Update
Normal topic

Looking for advice/reactions on this potential story railroad. - Started by Avric_Tholomyes

Alright, so I have a plan for a campaign once my current GM gets burnt out (which, from what he's said to me seems like it'll be in about...

Hunter-Man 4 months ago
Normal topic

Improv Games: How they help you DM better! - Started by kamarihi

Player 1: "Alright, kick in the door, full strength accompanied with a charge! *rolls 19+10*"DM: "The door explodes at the edge, wooden...

Blugathor 4 months ago
Normal topic

Drawing Battlemaps - Started by peteyrock

I'm new to planning out my maps ahead of time. I've used plenty of premade ones, dungeon tiles, etc. But, I want to really challenge my...

yronimosw 14 months ago
Normal topic

Dealing with meta-gaming - Started by Vobeskhan

Hi guys,in the past I have given my players a lot of lee-way in regards to meta-gaming, in particular within our DnD Encounters groups...

yronimosw 14 months ago
Normal topic

Read Aloud Text: An idea to overcome it. - Started by yetrin

I was reading on the DM's page on the website an article by Chris Young about too much (or too little) text being read aloud during...

yronimosw 14 months ago
Normal topic

What Kind of Magic Does This Item Possess? - Started by Pawn-of-Chaos

When characters obtain new magical items from a treasure hoard, how do you as the DM let them know the exact nature of the magic?For...

I_smile_alot 15 months ago
Normal topic

Creating Artifacts, Sets and the balancing - Started by MothSlayer

Note at all of my players who might read this: this contains potential story spoilers (looking at you Christian). I advise against...

MothSlayer 16 months ago
Normal topic

Shards of Upgradium - Started by Tharc

Just thought I'd throw this out there. I battle with the over/under powered...as a solution, I've decided to be a stingy DM...I don't...

dragonlord67jg 2 years ago
Normal topic

Intimidate revisited... - Started by Tharc

Seeing as we have a sorcerer who's intimidate at level 8 is somthing like 22-23 before the roll, I had to revisit intimidate...here is...

Tharc 2 years ago
Normal topic

Keeping track - Started by goshalaten

It is quite handy to have a scrap piece of paper on you. You can just write anything on it, for example the HP of various monsters or...

Tharc 2 years ago
Normal topic

Heraldry - Started by ruse

I am dying to find a good online download to create heraldry for various kingdoms and all the earls/dukes/barons etc therein. Does anyone...

acm1tchell 2 years ago
Normal topic

looking for advice on a skill challenge - Started by silvester

I'm looking to design a skill challenge for a party of 7 PCs most of whom just made level 4.At level 4 we have a weapon fighter, a...

silvester 2 years ago
Normal topic

Looking for sandbox(y) advice - Started by silvester

My group mostly finished "Keep on the Shadowfell" and we took a break to play some "Call of Cthulhu". We're about finished there and I...

silvester 2 years ago
Normal topic

Combat Chart Sheets - Started by BoByeBarbarian

Where are all the Combat Chart sheets on-line for D&D like there was for 1st & 2nd edtion?U dont need a large stack of character...

tsukimasu 2 years ago
Normal topic

Tip:1/ You don't need to roll initiative for most monsters, just take a 10. This will speed up game play with out seriously changing combat balance. I only roll for a named npc or a solo monster. I started this when I wiped out a party by having all - Started by Steeldoom

Tip:1/ You don't need to roll initiative for most monsters, just take a 10. This will speed up game play with out seriously changing...

gandalftheplaid 3 years ago
Normal topic

DM'ing Made Easy - Started by gargs454

Hey All.  I've started a series of blog posts designed to help new DM's and those who want to DM but are pressed for time.  There was a...

I_smile_alot 3 years ago
Normal topic

So you say you want to Roleplay huh? - Started by armyvetdm

Wrote up a short blog detailing my thoughts on roleplaying at the table.community.wizards.com/armyvetdm/blog/201... 

armyvetdm 3 years ago
Normal topic

Photo printing Dungeon Tiles - Started by wanderingclover

I have VERY limited printing options where I'm at. There's no kinko's or UPS store and my personal printer is pretty crappy. I've been...

m0shing_smurf 3 years ago
Normal topic

Balancing Created Classes - Started by Sc4r3cr0w

I am creating my own unique world setting. I am creating/editing the classes for this world, but I'm having trouble developing these...

Steeldoom 3 years ago
Normal topic

DM Notes - Best Practices - Started by khaba

I am interested in finding a good way to keep DM notes.  My group plays online, using Skype and MapTool.  We also use pbWorks wiki's to...

gargs454 4 years ago
Normal topic

Tips for an Evil Group - Started by dragonjj

My DnD group is very interested in playing an Evil Alignment group, I don't play Evil so I tend to DM for Good or at least Nuetral...

I_smile_alot 4 years ago
Normal topic

Need Adventure building tips. - Started by vinciente

I really need some help here, because I can come up with lots of things & just not know how to divide them into "Adventure Modules"....

peter_seckler 4 years ago
Normal topic

How to keep things flowing quickly - Started by GrandMasterJR

Hey there fellow DMers,I'm a relatively new DM. Our group got together and started playing a few months back using 4E rules. I've been...

red2 4 years ago
Normal topic

City Building Tips - Started by holyhair

I have found city building difficult the few times I attempted it. I never Finished a city, or even a small/medium village because of...

darrkis 4 years ago
Normal topic

Group Question - Started by MWSAber

How many of you called the 800 number this past weekend?I did, twice.Call 1 was what happens when a PC is marked by more than 1 creature....

nessun_dorma 4 years ago
No new posts
Hot topic with new posts
Hot topic without new posts
Sticky topic
Locked topic
Subscribe to RSS - DM'ing Tips and Tricks