Threads
Replies
Views
Latest Update
Sticky topic

Design and Development Theory - About and FAQ - Started by skibo_the_first

Welcome to the Design & Development Theory forum!What Belongs HereR&D Theory is a specialized forum devoted to metadiscussion of...

bubba0077 17 months ago
Normal topic

Zombify - Started by DjVortex

From a kind-of flavor point of view, shouldn't Zombify have a "That creature is a Zombie in addition to its other types"? It would make a...

adeyke 25 days ago
Hot topic

Sill Printing Land Destruction...why? - Started by Blackhand1120

I know that there is far less land destruction in Magic today than there once was (thank god), but I'm curious as to why every set still...

Psionx 1 month ago
Normal topic

The "Problem" with Vintage - Started by OlvynChuru

I'm not sure if people have talked about this before, maybe there are things about Vintage that I don't know of that make the format more...

Shard_Fenix 3 months ago
Normal topic

Large/Small/Small/Large for Ravnica 3? - Started by Manite

This topic was inspired by a number of factors, including the Guild distribution of Ravnica and RTR, the idea that Lorwyn-Shadowmoor's...

Manite 3 months ago
Normal topic

Counting cards - Started by AETEA

I wanna count my cards, if i used sixteen land, four of which come in tapped, would i use 52 some odd man throughout the rest of my deck.

AETEA 4 months ago
Normal topic

White and Mass Creature Removal - Started by Typherion

After checking through this forum I saw a discussion of White and individual removal cards but no discussion about its mass removal....

Dilleux_Lepaire 4 months ago
Normal topic

[Color Pie] Red - Graveyard Hate - Started by KyCygni

Red doesn't seem have much ability to hate on graveyards. Using and interacting with graveyards is a very basic aspect of the game; it...

AncientTimer 4 months ago
Normal topic

What's in the Pie? - Started by ArtVenn

I'm looking through what's in each colour's colour pie.  What mechanical archetypes are in each colour? I haven't finished yet (I've...

AncientTimer 4 months ago
Normal topic

Missing multiverse IDs - Started by Shard_Fenix

I didn't know where else to put this, just something I've been wondering for a while......

Shard_Fenix 5 months ago
Hot topic

A few things id like to see improved upon - Started by billiondegree

Theres a near endless amount of design space in this game, and yet it seems certain abilities are printed so seldom, as interesting as...

ORC_Cricket 8 months ago
Normal topic

Color Fusion Creatures - Started by TheOneWhoCallCrow

Here how it works....

bubba0077 10 months ago
Normal topic

Devotion Land Bonus - Started by TedderX

I'm not really sure what to name this thread....

alextfish 10 months ago
Normal topic

Is desing space coming to saturation in MTG? - Started by Endlessor

Hi everyone!...

frostdragon4 10 months ago
Normal topic

land flip a coin - Started by phlann

Hello, I wonder if there will be one day a land card where you have to flip a coin?

The-D 11 months ago
Hot topic

Red Rituals - Started by billiondegree

Rituals are fun. They are one of the greatest embodiments of red (short lived rewards), and they enable huge spells or deadly combos. But...

Page 1, 2
Manite 11 months ago
Normal topic

New Planeswalker uniqueness and legendary rule - Started by Shaokazi

I'd like to know why Wizards decided to change the Planeswalker uniqueness and legendary rules recently. Personally, I don't think it was...

bubba0077 13 months ago
Normal topic

colorless basic land - Started by mr8658

why is colorless forced to use nonbasic lands?can't we get a printing of desert or tundra or something that makes colorless mana from a...

CommanderJim 13 months ago
Hot topic

Spire Tracer - Started by Mikrei

Why is Spire Tracer a common card?I've seen plenty of other decent one-mana creatures, but there is most of the time always a drawback....

divoda 13 months ago
Hot topic

Quicken - Started by slayer-72

Quickenwhy isnt this a red ability? i know blue is supposed to have relfex abilities, but along with leyline of anticipation, i thought...

Dilleux_Lepaire 13 months ago
Normal topic

The many flavors of blinking - Started by HairlessThoctar

As the title says, there are many ways that blink effects are used.Exile, return at next end step (Aetherling, Argent Sphinx)Exile,...

alextfish 13 months ago
Normal topic

[Color Pie] Red - Play from the top - Started by Shiny_Umbreon

If you saw the new Chandra from M14:Showyou saw the last two abilities.This kind of ability hasn't been explored a lot. Although...

Shiny_Umbreon 13 months ago
Normal topic

Frantic Search ban - Started by tanglestasis

While looking over the ban list for legacy I came across the card Frantic Search. I understand that it was origionally banned due to the...

billiondegree 13 months ago
Hot topic

What is the difference between Helix and black drain? - Started by ninetailedfox

Hey guys I was thinking of a cool spell over in YMTC and it was something like thisBigger Helix InstantDeals 10 damage to target creature...

Fallingman 14 months ago
Normal topic

Shouldn't Red be able to "burn" spells instead of copying them? - Started by g.zzz

Hello to everyone, this is my first post here because i'd thought that there could be some chance that someone at Wotc could see it, but...

cartesiandaemon 14 months ago
No new posts
Hot topic with new posts
Hot topic without new posts
Sticky topic
Locked topic
Subscribe to RSS - Design & Development Theory