Threads
Replies
Views
Latest Update
Sticky topic

Rules T&T - About and FAQ - Started by zammm

Welcome to the Rules Theory and Templating forum!What Belongs HereRules T&T is a specialized forum devoted to metadiscussion of the...

zammm 4 years ago
Normal topic

All Hallow's Eve and Graveyard Order - Started by Mage24365

There exist dumb corner case interactions with All Hallow's Eve (such as Dryad Arbor and Land Equilibrium/Worms of the Earth) that cause...

Nylon 19 minutes ago
Normal topic

Thelonite Monk - Started by TobyornotToby

Thelonite Monk. Should it actually use counters the same way Arbiter of the Ideal uses counters, without rules significance but a nice...

alextfish 5 hours ago
Normal topic

Scry - Started by 2goth4U

Is the movement of cards in scry done as one action or two?701.18a To “scry N” means to look at the top N cards of your library, put any...

2goth4U 2 days ago
Normal topic

Soulbright Flamekin - "this ability" - Started by Rhazgriz

Why is Soulbright Flamekin worded the way it is?...

cyphern 3 days ago
Hot topic

Can we eliminate 401.5? - Started by zaphod

It's a pet peeve of mine, but I call 401.5 the worst rule in Magic....

rocketnia 3 days ago
Hot topic

Suggested change for 717.1 - Started by Rhazgriz

This involves Selvala, Explorer Returned or Chromatic Sphere. Suppose I begin casting a spell, and realize during the time that mana...

Mage24365 4 days ago
Normal topic

Spectra Ward and 702.16m - Started by Rhazgriz

[O] states that cards like Sun Titan can bring back Auras and allow them to enchant creatures enchanted by Spectra Ward. However, 702.16m...

TobyornotToby 5 days ago
Normal topic

Council's Judgment and voting - Started by Rhazgriz

So, Council's Judgment. Let's say I cast this and none of my opponents control any permanents. Clearly, this means that all permanents on...

Shadowfate 5 days ago
Normal topic

Does 614.1 lack one template? - Started by DjVortex

Rule 614.1 lists all the wording templates used in replacement effects. However, there's one template that seems to be missing, namely:...

zammm 7 days ago
Hot topic

Morph, phasing, and losing the game - Started by Rhazgriz

702.25b. If a permanent phases out, its status changes to "phased out." Except for rules and effects that specifically mention phased-out...

Rhazgriz 8 days ago
Normal topic

Conspiracies and 300.1 - Started by razorborne

300.1. The card types are artifact, creature, enchantment, instant, land, phenomenon, plane, planeswalker, scheme, sorcery, tribal, and...

2goth4U 9 days ago
Hot topic

Requested Rulings for Gatherer - Started by zammm

The Gatherer Errors thread is doing good work pointing out problems with existing rulings in Gatherer, but I think there's also a place...

Page 1, 2, 3, 4
Rhazgriz 10 days ago
Normal topic

Archetypes and CEs that do multiple things - Started by Shard_Fenix

From this thread, and from the following CR example (worthy to note that it's not a rule, but still important)Example: An effect that...

evouga 17 days ago
Normal topic

Why do some cards get fixed and others don't? - Started by DjVortex

I'm all but certain that when they designed Helm of Obedience, the intent was to write (the contemporary equivalent of):...

adeyke 18 days ago
Hot topic

Warcrafted Exalted Dragon - Started by Chaikov

Is Exalted Dragon's second ability a restriction or a requirement? Or something else entirely?...

TobyornotToby 19 days ago
Hot topic

Gilded Drake - Started by rudolf

Gilded Drake has this rules text:When Gilded Drake comes into play, choose one - sacrifice Gilded Drake; or exchange control of Gilded...

jeff-heikkinen 20 days ago
Normal topic

Which card types can share subtypes? - Started by alextfish

What's the logic behind which card types are able to share subtypes and which ones aren't?...

evouga 23 days ago
Hot topic

Odd wording in rule 608.2c - Started by DjVortex

Rule 608.2c ends with: "Don’t just apply effects step by step without thinking in these cases — read the whole text and apply the rules...

WotC_dlaugel 23 days ago
Normal topic

Anti-Torpor Orb - Started by FezzHead

Considering Torpor Orb exists, would the following ability work under the rules?...

rocketnia 1 month ago
Hot topic

M15 Keyword Wishlist - Started by Highwayman

Recent core sets have been the entry point for introducing new evergreen keywords, or editing old ones. I have started to look forward to...

Highwayman 1 month ago
Normal topic

Default Multiplayer Behavior - Started by zammm

I recently reread Ruhan of the Fomori and realized something: under the current "default" rules for combat in multiplayer games, Ruhan.....

alextfish 1 month ago
Normal topic

Tournament Conceding rules - Started by WildMongol

I propose an ammendment to the rules on conceding a game. That a player may not concede after the match has finished and may not concede...

DjVortex 1 month ago
Normal topic

Perplexing Chimera ruling - Started by Paul_Atreides

I can't understand how the last ruling in Perplexing Chimera is consistent with the rules. This is the ruling:...

alextfish 1 month ago
Normal topic

dependencies -- what counts as "what it does to any of the things it applies to"?"? - Started by evouga

I recently learned about a ruling that subtype-setting effects do not depend on type-setting effects (http://www.mtgsalvation.com...

Astarael7 1 month ago
No new posts
Hot topic with new posts
Hot topic without new posts
Sticky topic
Locked topic
Subscribe to RSS - Rules Theory and Templating