Rules Q&A

Threads

FAQs and Reference

This is a read-only board where staff and moderators post reference threads, answers to frequently asked rules questions, and articles.

vvp
11 days ago
Threads
Replies
Views
Latest Update
Normal topic

Grenzo's activated ability - Started by ChubbyCND

Grenzo's activated ability is {2}: Put the bottom card of your library into your graveyard. If it's a creature card with power less than...

adeyke 6 days ago
Normal topic

Turn to Frog/ Polymorphist's Jest question - Started by FoodMonger7342

So the two Froggymorph cards (Turn to Frog and Polymorphist's Jest) in the 2015 core pack state on them that the creatures effected "lose...

jeff-heikkinen 6 days ago
Normal topic

Question about protection from Multi-coloured - Started by Flix1975

Have another question that probably comes up all the time (although it was rare for me when I played with my friend the other day)...

jeff-heikkinen 6 days ago
Normal topic

Zedruu Bestow - Started by SirSpike

So I'm building a Zedruu The greathearted Deck and am mostly using auras in it to donate to other folk. question came up when I looked at...

pok_onnet 6 days ago
Hot topic

Urborg's Gatherer Ruling question - Started by pok_onnet

Urborg, tomb of Yawgmoth...

pok_onnet 6 days ago
Normal topic

multiple Diffusion Slivers - Started by kdraphael

Does Diffusion Sliver's effect stack? i.e., if I have 2 Diffusion Slivers out, would my opponent have to pay {4} for each spell that...

pok_onnet 6 days ago
Normal topic

Sudden Spoiling and Elvish Archdruid - Started by MuuMyuki

I know Sudden Spoiling is a difficult card to understand and I've been trying to figure this out for a little while now.  This was the...

Chaikov 7 days ago
Normal topic

EDH duel question - Started by itsnoods

If a 55 limit was on a game, and it reached that limit... how to you determine who wins?...

GoblinBasar 7 days ago
Normal topic

Gods Willing scry - Started by kdraphael

My opponent had a Favored Hoplite out. He played Chosen by Heliod, in response I played Lightning Strike, in response to that he played...

The-D 7 days ago
Normal topic

wishing for a card from a subgame - Started by silpheed_tandy

i really interesting question came up on MaRo's tumblr recently:...

Astarael7 7 days ago
Normal topic

Devotions and Enchantments - Started by mda9184

Do enchantments I place on opponents creatures count towards my devotion?   Cast into Darkness for example

Enigma256 7 days ago
Normal topic

multiple confusion in the ranks - Started by flare1122

Confusion in the Ranks...

cyphern 8 days ago
Normal topic

Counter spell Scenario - Started by Turddog

My opponent has an Instant which destroys an attacking or blocking creature.  When I decide to attack he uses that instant.  Am I able to...

Turddog 8 days ago
Normal topic

Concerted Effort + Spectra Ward - Started by FezzHead

I control Concerted Effort and a creature enchanted with Spectra Ward. When Concerted Effort's ability resolves, each creature I control...

MadMageQc 8 days ago
Hot topic

Rule question - Started by raygen51

I'm new to mtg but played a booster daft at my local store.During the first match everyone was done playing except me and guy I was...

GoblinBasar 8 days ago
Normal topic

aetherspouts - Started by silpheed_tandy

for the new m15 card aetherspouts, do i get to see how many cards my opponent is putting on top or on the bottom of their library? or...

adeyke 8 days ago
Normal topic

Our good friend Trinisphere - Started by Shard_Fenix

Does convoke get around Trinisphere?...

Shard_Fenix 8 days ago
Normal topic

M15 Jace - Started by 7thLegendaryDragon

For Jace, the Living Guildpact 1st ability you put one card in the graveyard and the other back on top or in your hand?

7thLegendaryDragon 8 days ago
Normal topic

Wall of Limbs and Font of Vigor - Started by Spectrevr4

So while doing some playtesting late last night with M15 and a question came up about Wall of Limbs .  If Font of Vigor is in play and...

Spectrevr4 8 days ago
Normal topic

Token edh - Started by Eloithedark

First question: in edh, can I use something that produces tokens that is not of my general's identity. In other words can I use the...

adeyke 8 days ago
Normal topic

Can the Gods be commanders? - Started by eyebreaker

The "Gods" can be commanders right?   Erebos, God of the Dead says "Legendary Enchantment Creature — God".  

eyebreaker 9 days ago
Normal topic

Exiled question - Started by TheCrimsonPXL

I saw a comment in the discussion of a card for a combo that said something I wasnt sure about. If you exile a card with a card like...

TheCrimsonPXL 9 days ago
Normal topic

Animar and Unsummoning - Started by Arklith

Ok so lets say theres an Animar with 4 counters on it under my oppoents control. On their turn the cast Balefire Dragon and only hae to...

adeyke 9 days ago
Normal topic

Core Sets and Rotation - Started by mda9184

How are core sets rotated?...

Shard_Fenix 9 days ago
Normal topic

Dawn Charm vs Winds of Rath - Started by zack2quick

It has been many many years since i played magic and I was wanting to know if Dawn Charm counters Winds of Rath. Thanks for all help.

zack2quick 9 days ago
No new posts
Hot topic with new posts
Hot topic without new posts
Sticky topic
Locked topic
Subscribe to RSS - Rules Q&A