Rules Q&A

Threads

FAQs and Reference

This is a read-only board where staff and moderators post reference threads, answers to frequently asked rules questions, and articles.

Natedogg
Aug 19, 2015 13:40:07
Threads
Replies
Views
Latest Update
Sticky topic

Rules Q&A - Magic Rules FAQ - Started by zammm

Rules Q&A Magic Rules FAQPlease do not post questions of your own here!You should only post in this thread if you want a question or...

Page 1, 2, 3... 5, 6
adeyke Aug 06, 2015 6:55:01
Sticky topic

[Magic Origins] Release Notes - Started by Natedogg

You can view the Magic Origins Release Notes here: http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/magic-origins-relea...

ORC_Animus Jul 15, 2015 14:05:40
Sticky topic

[Read This First] - Creating a Rules Thread - Started by zammm

Welcome to the Magic: The Gathering Rules Q&A forum.You've got a question, so let's help you ask it.#1: Ask yourself "[b]Is this a...

TacticalUnderpants Apr 19, 2015 19:31:42
Sticky topic

[Dragons of Tarkir] Release Notes - Started by Natedogg

Dragons of Tarkir Release Notes...

Natedogg Mar 19, 2015 0:11:26
Normal topic

Den Protector Interactions - Started by Ataratha

So I have several questions regarding this (Den Protector) card....

Ataratha 9 minutes ago
Normal topic

mischief - Started by shinonimaru

"My opponent has pandemonium in play... He plays phyrexian dreadnoght intending to target me with the 12 damage from "etb" effects... I...

Argus_Panoptes 3 hours ago
Normal topic

How Does Standard Work? - Started by Jace36

The new set coming out, Battle for Zendikar, and I was wondering if once the new block coming out after Battle for Zendikar, will make...

Angrypossum 4 hours ago
Normal topic

I'd like a judge's opinionon this.. JUDGE! - Started by Zerodayz

So a friend of mine have been talking about this and we have found no card rulings opposing this, which is why I would like to hear...

Shard_Fenix 8 hours ago
Normal topic

Grasslands and other Mirage fetches - Started by RaizielDragon

Can the Mirage cycle of fetchlands, including Grasslands, look for dual/shock lands, like Breeding Pool?

Chaikov 9 hours ago
Normal topic

Nantuko Husk - Started by timn8or2

Ok, I have two Nantuko Husks on the battlefield attacking. I sacrifice a creature. The card reads "Sacrifice a creature: Nantuko Husk...

Chaikov 13 hours ago
Normal topic

Mana Clash problem? - Started by kasetankensei

I have a questio about Mana Clash....

Chaikov 14 hours ago
Normal topic

Aluren on a Commander in the command zone. - Started by KeviceAiA

Lets say I have Animar, Soul of Elements as my commander. He has died once and is in the command zone. I have an Aluren in play.The...

Angrypossum 16 hours ago
Normal topic

Azusa, Lost but Seeking Question - Started by Nerphice

Suppose I have out Azusa, Lost but Seeking and play my three lands for the turn. If I happened to use a Flicker effect on her, does that...

adeyke 20 hours ago
Normal topic

Tooth and Nail Question - Started by Nerphice

If an entwined  Tooth and Nail resolves and Avenger of Zendikar and Thromok the Insatiable are chosen to enter the battlefield, does...

Nerphice Aug 30, 2015 16:15:22
Normal topic

Exile and Wurmcoil Engine - Started by Bear5069

Got a question for everyone, when Wurmcoil Engine dies you get 2 3/3 Wurms one with deathtouch and one with lifelink, my question is: If...

Bear5069 Aug 30, 2015 9:54:35
Normal topic

Indestructible Creatures - Started by jfyb645

I have a Colossus Of Akro and it has the Indestrustible keyword. What does this mean exactly?

jfyb645 Aug 29, 2015 15:01:12
Normal topic

Smokebraider for Echo costs? - Started by me7062a

Is Smokebraider able to use its ability to pay the echo costs for Elemental creatures, like Flamecore Elemental?...

rezzahan Aug 29, 2015 11:24:59
Normal topic

New player, 2 rules clarifications - Started by Clockworkjon

I don't have the actual card in question in front of be, but I'll explain as best as I can. ...

rezzahan Aug 29, 2015 10:29:36
Normal topic

Mana short in response? - Started by eyebreaker7

If my opponent casts blue sun's zenith can I respond with a mana short to make him unable to cast it? If I can where does the zenith card...

Shard_Fenix Aug 28, 2015 18:51:19
Normal topic

damping engine - Started by vandwedge

I have two Damping Engines in play and no other permanents. My opponent has ten permanents and wishes to cast a creature. Must they...

adeyke Aug 28, 2015 17:53:54
Hot topic

Forking a counterspell? - Started by eyebreaker7

If I cast a spell, say lightning bolt, and my opponent cast counterspell, can I fork the counterspell back on itself and still get my...

adeyke Aug 28, 2015 14:44:35
Normal topic

Surgical Extraction and prority for removing cards from graveyards before opponent casts a creature spell of the same name - Started by Cal777222333

If a creature hits the graveyard on my opponents turn and I want to use surgical extraction on it, when is the first time I have priority...

rezzahan Aug 28, 2015 13:43:05
Normal topic

Responding to an attack using an instant. - Started by JonusTheCatMan

I know this is basic stuff, but it came up recently. My opponent attacks with rubblebelt raiders and kalonian tusker. I respond with...

Chaikov Aug 27, 2015 13:50:01
Normal topic

Malakir Cullblade - Started by MrNighthawk

So my question is does Malakir Cullblade get +1/+1 counters during the assign damage step of the combat phase? ...

MrNighthawk Aug 26, 2015 23:22:25
Normal topic

Fiery Conclusion - Started by vegasmentat

Fiery Conclusion...

Edacade Aug 26, 2015 22:22:53
No new posts
Hot topic with new posts
Hot topic without new posts
Sticky topic
Locked topic
Subscribe to RSS - Rules Q&A