Rules Q&A

Threads

FAQs and Reference

This is a read-only board where staff and moderators post reference threads, answers to frequently asked rules questions, and articles.

cyphern
2 days ago
Threads
Replies
Views
Latest Update
Sticky topic

Rules Q&A - Magic Rules FAQ - Started by zammm

Rules Q&A Magic Rules FAQPlease do not post questions of your own here!You should only post in this thread if you want a question or...

Page 1, 2, 3... 5, 6
Angrypossum 28 days ago
Sticky topic

[Magic 2015] Release Notes - Started by Natedogg

Magic 2015 Release Notes...

2goth4U 1 month ago
Sticky topic

[Read This First] - Creating a Rules Thread - Started by zammm

Welcome to the Magic: The Gathering Rules Q&A forum.You've got a question, so let's help you ask it.#1: Ask yourself "[b]Is this a...

tot_kto_v_bredu 2 months ago
Normal topic

Gifts Ungiven opponent has shroud - Started by perodequeso

If I cast Gifts Ungiven and my opponent has in play Ivory Mask, can I even casts Gifts, or do I get all four cards?

perodequeso 3 hours ago
Hot topic

Is there a way to add loyalty counters? - Started by eyebreaker

Is there a way to add loyalty counters to planeswalkers?  

mqj 6 hours ago
Normal topic

Phyrexian Revoker Question - Started by HindranceMercer

Do I have this correct,  Phyrexian Revoker won't do anything to instants or sorceries such as Sleep I guess it really comes down to a...

Shard_Fenix 6 hours ago
Normal topic

Face the hydra deck questions - Started by guillaumeuk

I purchased the face the hydra deck and love it....

Random_Kid 12 hours ago
Normal topic

Extort life gain and cards get life gain counters... - Started by Mutton_Mammoth

I recently picked up a premade deck that is based around extort. I like the mechanic so I decided to ammend the deck to synergize with...

Mutton_Mammoth 13 hours ago
Normal topic

Spitemare and trample - Started by prettyswell

Ok so say i have a spitemare and 7 life, my oponent swings at me with a 10/10 with trample and only has 3 life. Who dies?

Shard_Fenix 15 hours ago
Normal topic

Disembowel Question - Started by fubar42o

I cast DISEMBOWEL on my opponents GENESIS HYDRA. How much total mana do I end up spending on this spell?

fubar42o 16 hours ago
Normal topic

vorel of the hull clade - Started by leperd

vorel of the hull clade his ability adds counters.  If I have 2 counters on azor's elocutors and I pay the cost for vorel does azors then...

rezzahan 16 hours ago
Normal topic

Tefrei + Knowledge Pool - Started by barwick11

Ok, I know how this DOES play out (because that's how MTGO allowed it to play out), but can I say, this is quite possibly the most stupid...

Enigma256 17 hours ago
Normal topic

Tapping a creature(s) that has "summoning sickness" - Started by Righter8

i am playing  a Rhys the Redeemed EDH deck. I have a Nullmage Shepherd out since last turn. This turn I tap Rhys, and pay 6 mana to...

Righter8 18 hours ago
Normal topic

Devotion? - Started by Sammah

When Abhorrent Overlord comes into play, with no other creatures on the battlefield, does it get two harpies for the 2 black mana in it's...

SirSpike 20 hours ago
Normal topic

Yixlid Jailer and P/T CDA's - Started by DjVortex

If Yixlid Jailer is on the battlefield and there's a creature card in a graveyard with *'s as its P/T and a characteristic-defining...

cyphern 22 hours ago
Normal topic

Copy effects - Started by JoeBlade27

Mind bend...

JoeBlade27 23 hours ago
Normal topic

Can protect player from *colour* stop Duckmantle Guildmage + Mindcrank combo - Started by ShizukesaNZ

Can something like Faith's Shield  be used to counter Duskmantle Guildmage + Mindcrank while the loop is active? so say this loops till...

Nivean_Dauphin 1 day ago
Hot topic

Duskmantle Guildmage + Mindcrank - Started by handoflazav_414

This sounds too good to be true: Duskmantle Guildmage's first ability (whenever a card is put into an opponent's graveyard from anywhere...

ShizukesaNZ 1 day ago
Normal topic

Using a non tapping ability more than once? - Started by StevenHodges92

For example, if you have both Searing Meditation and Pristine Talisman out and the only healing that you do during your turn is to tap...

jeff-heikkinen 1 day ago
Normal topic

Return to the battlefield without paying mana cost? - Started by JaceTheAsianOne

So I'm trying to build an anti-milling deck against a friend. His main strategy is using a combo of Mindcrank and Duskmantle Guildmage to...

Chaikov 1 day ago
Normal topic

Infinite Sacrifice with Dimir: House Guard - Started by Crysalixt

Hello, it just happened my friend bought that new skeletton deck with some Dimir House Guard, Grave Pact and Reassembling Skelettons in...

Shard_Fenix 1 day ago
Normal topic

Bloodlord of Vaasgoth - Started by FezzHead

I control Bloodlord of Vaasgoth and Muraganda Petroglyphs. If I then cast Barony Vampire, will it get the boost from Petroglyphs?

Chaikov 1 day ago
Normal topic

Kiora, the Crashing Wave & damage? - Started by eyebreaker

When activating Kiora, the Crashing Wave's 1st ability does the target have to have the ability to do damage? It does right?  "...

Chaikov 1 day ago
Normal topic

Destroying a creature after it blocked - Started by Crysalixt

If I am being attacked and I choose which creature blocks. If someone destroys my creature with an instant afterwards, where does the...

BlazingRagnarok 1 day ago
Normal topic

Clone and Gideon - Started by Pipikako

If i Clone animated Gideon Jura.  do i get 6/6 creature forever ?

rezzahan 1 day ago
No new posts
Hot topic with new posts
Hot topic without new posts
Sticky topic
Locked topic
Subscribe to RSS - Rules Q&A