Rules Q&A

Threads

FAQs and Reference

This is a read-only board where staff and moderators post reference threads, answers to frequently asked rules questions, and articles.

Natedogg
Mar 18, 2015 12:24:08
Threads
Replies
Views
Latest Update
Sticky topic

[Read This First] - Creating a Rules Thread - Started by zammm

Welcome to the Magic: The Gathering Rules Q&A forum.You've got a question, so let's help you ask it.#1: Ask yourself "[b]Is this a...

TacticalUnderpants Apr 19, 2015 19:31:42
Sticky topic

[Dragons of Tarkir] Release Notes - Started by Natedogg

Dragons of Tarkir Release Notes...

Natedogg Mar 19, 2015 0:11:26
Sticky topic

Rules Q&A - Magic Rules FAQ - Started by zammm

Rules Q&A Magic Rules FAQPlease do not post questions of your own here!You should only post in this thread if you want a question or...

Page 1, 2, 3... 5, 6
rezzahan Feb 13, 2015 5:13:09
Normal topic

Karador + Gravecrawler - Started by Shard_Fenix

Does Karador's second ability set a limitation on how many creatures I cast from the graveyard without his ability? Or is his ability...

Chaikov 37 minutes ago
Normal topic

Felhide Spiritbinder + Herald of Torment - Started by kdraphael

Chaikov 57 minutes ago
Normal topic

Stormrider Rig - Started by DJRR

Had a difference of opinion over stormrider rig...

Chaikov 1 hour ago
Normal topic

Deathfang question - Started by Phetic

Hey guys question for ya, if I have a card that says "when i sacrifice a creature, opponent also sacrifices a creature" that targets only...

Chaikov 1 hour ago
Normal topic

avarice totem - Started by majorkuso

If I play avarice totem with ten mana according to the rules I can take control of a permanent let's say A which is mine then taget a...

adeyke 1 hour ago
Normal topic

Utopia Sprawl question - Started by JollyOxe

Utopia Sprawl lets you enchant a forest.  Can you put multiple Utopia Sprawl on the same forest, or can there be only one of them on one...

JollyOxe 4 hours ago
Normal topic

next end step - Started by majorkuso

If I play my planesWalker daretti scrap savant then get my emblem then an artifact goes to the graveyard do I get it the artifact the...

Angrypossum 5 hours ago
Normal topic

Doubling season questions - Started by bass-man1981

Just wondering if the below calculations are correct....

Chaikov 8 hours ago
Normal topic

Hex proof player rules - Started by Csbeverly1

A friend plays with utmost confidence that witch bane means that In addition to the player not being the target of spells (correct),...

Astarael7 11 hours ago
Normal topic

As enters battlefield... etb trigger? - Started by dahuntre

If a card says "AS this creature enters the battlefield," like Heroes' Bane or Adaptive Automaton, will Hushwing Gryff or Torpor Orb keep...

Angrypossum 12 hours ago
Normal topic

Order of multiple effects - Started by clatong

If a spell has multiple effects and doesn't use the word "then", what order do they go in?...

adeyke 12 hours ago
Normal topic

Trigger Stacking - Started by RaizielDragon

If I contol Ancestral Knowledge and Brago, King Eternal, and Brago deals combat damage, and I decide to "flicker" Ancestral Knowledge,...

RaizielDragon 13 hours ago
Normal topic

tapped creature block - Started by majorkuso

I played a game with my friends in a two headed giant one of them had a blue creature that when it attacks the defending player's...

LadenSwallow 13 hours ago
Normal topic

Render Silent - Started by Phetic

So I am looking at card's that will make my buddys hate playing against me, and I had a question about render silent. Once the spell...

RaizielDragon 16 hours ago
Normal topic

Thunderbreak Regent question - Started by JollyOxe

Thunderbreak Regent says that when any spell or ability an opponent controls targets him or any other dragon, that opponent takes 3...

JollyOxe Apr 19, 2015 18:33:07
Normal topic

Athreos VS Gift of Immortality - Started by madmanoreo

Okay so if I have athreos, in play and a creature with gift of immortality enchanting it and that creatures dies I get to choose the how...

adeyke Apr 19, 2015 17:04:42
Normal topic

Question about Eidolon of the Great Revel's triggered ability. - Started by Tagg

I am at 2 life and control an Eidolon of the Great Revel. My opponent is at 3 life. I cast a Lightning Strike targeting them and it...

Tagg Apr 19, 2015 11:51:01
Normal topic

Can I keep [c]Erayo's Essence[/c] and [c]Erayo, Soratami Ascendant[/c] on my board at the same time ? - Started by Matt_Holck

Can I keep Erayo Essence and Erayo, Soratami Ascendant on my board at the same time ?

Matt_Holck Apr 19, 2015 11:28:40
Normal topic

Zeruu and Enchantments - Started by Woodp3cker

Hi there, can i use zedruu the greathearted ability on Aura Spells? And will those spells remain attached to the creature? Same goes for...

RaizielDragon Apr 19, 2015 9:09:18
Normal topic

Some basic questions - Started by Archmage007

It is my understanding that if I defend with a creature like Ember Hauler I can pay its sacrifice cost and get its effect while still...

Archmage007 Apr 19, 2015 8:57:27
Normal topic

Question about wishes - Started by BootsyTheCat

Hello everyone,...

rezzahan Apr 19, 2015 2:15:37
Normal topic

doubling cube question - Started by kupobob

i know Doubling Cube doubles your mana. but how does it treat a multi colored mana that has you choose a mana. for example Graypelt Refuge

Angrypossum Apr 18, 2015 22:10:35
No new posts
Hot topic with new posts
Hot topic without new posts
Sticky topic
Locked topic
Subscribe to RSS - Rules Q&A