Rules Q&A

Threads

FAQs and Reference

This is a read-only board where staff and moderators post reference threads, answers to frequently asked rules questions, and articles.

mqj
4 days ago
Threads
Replies
Views
Latest Update
Sticky topic

Rules Q&A - Magic Rules FAQ - Started by zammm

Rules Q&A Magic Rules FAQPlease do not post questions of your own here!You should only post in this thread if you want a question or...

Page 1, 2, 3... 5, 6
Angrypossum 23 days ago
Sticky topic

[Magic 2015] Release Notes - Started by Natedogg

Magic 2015 Release Notes...

2goth4U 29 days ago
Sticky topic

[Read This First] - Creating a Rules Thread - Started by zammm

Welcome to the Magic: The Gathering Rules Q&A forum.You've got a question, so let's help you ask it.#1: Ask yourself "[b]Is this a...

tot_kto_v_bredu 2 months ago
Normal topic

Devotion Question - Started by Nurm

If a player has one of the enchantment gods in play, for example Erebos, God of the Dead, which states that is not a creature unless you...

Random_Kid 1 hour ago
Normal topic

Sacrifice problem - Started by Saarix

Hi,...

The-D 3 hours ago
Normal topic

Target spell on the stack - Started by Corpsehauler00

So just a quick question here... Can I counter a spell that has been played two or more spells played ago? For example, my friend plays a...

The-D 4 hours ago
Hot topic

Umbilicus can't target itself? - Started by eyebreaker

Umbilicus says "If you don't have a permanent to choose, you can still choose to not pay the life and then just do nothing since there is...

Chaikov 6 hours ago
Normal topic

Worldheart Phoenix casting from the graveyard? - Started by eyebreaker

Worldheart Phoenix says "rather than paying its mana cost.". Does that mean you can cast it for it's normal casting cost?...

Chaikov 6 hours ago
Normal topic

Isochron Scepter Nonsense - Started by Tsukino_Kaji

So with Isochron Scepter you could say, pay the kicker on Orim's Chant right? Dose the same aply to Solidarity of Heroes and the strive...

adeyke 14 hours ago
Normal topic

Persist and undying - Started by TheWrongPerson

If I give a creature both undying and persist until end of turn, can I sacrifice it infenitely to altar of dementia?

Chaikov 14 hours ago
Normal topic

AEtherling Question - Started by purple512

I need some clarification on one of aetherling abilities.  With the exile ability, when would it be beneficial to use that?  I am still...

rezzahan 16 hours ago
Normal topic

Question about vigilance and activated abilities - Started by RAO000

If I have a spell that grants vigilance, what happens to a creature that has an activated ability that happens when they tap that...

Chaikov 17 hours ago
Normal topic

Trample/Deathtouch Question - Started by Nurm

Ok, so I feel that I'm somewhat legitimately versed in the rules of the game, but I have a fellow who has thrown a wrench in the gears...

Shard_Fenix 20 hours ago
Normal topic

Can an artifact's ability be used right away? - Started by StevenHodges92

In this case, it is Pristine Talisman.  Can I put it on the battlefield and also tap it to add one to my mana pool and gain one health on...

Angrypossum 20 hours ago
Normal topic

Fight Vs Death Touch (revisited) - Started by battleb0rn

So I'm relatively new to the game and have had a few questions concerning Setessan Tactics and the fight ability I can grant my creatures...

pok_onnet 1 day ago
Normal topic

Torpor Orb - Started by FezzHead

What exactly counts as a trigger being "caused by" a creature entering the battlefield for the purpose of Torpor Orb?...

Natedogg 1 day ago
Normal topic

Ajani's Chosen's interaction with Enchanted Evening - Started by Lord_Skoonie

If I have both Ajani's Chosen and Enchanted Evening out on the battlefield at the same time and then play a land, do I get a 2/2 Cat token?

adeyke 1 day ago
Normal topic

Genju of the Falls - Started by FoolofaTook

Several questions about Genju of the Falls....

Astarael7 1 day ago
Normal topic

Copying Shrapnel Blast - Started by kdraphael

If you use Melek, Izzet Paragon's ability to copy a spell straight from the library, can you play Shrapnel Blast without having to...

SirGog 2 days ago
Normal topic

Tapping Lands? - Started by Sithsmith

While waiting to play, I recently watched a game between some friends where one of them tapped all of his lands right before his opponent...

Chaikov 2 days ago
Normal topic

aetherspouts - Started by silpheed_tandy

for the new m15 card aetherspouts, do i get to see how many cards my opponent is putting on top or on the bottom of their library? or...

grouphug_FTW 2 days ago
Normal topic

Hunting grounds vs. Whiplash trap - Started by Xindir

So yesterday I was playing with a friend who had a hunting grounds out with over 7 cards in the graveyard so his threshold was active. He...

Xindir 2 days ago
Normal topic

Using a land's ability right away? - Started by StevenHodges92

For example, can Duskmantle, House of Shadow's ability be used the turn it is put on the battlefield?

Shard_Fenix 2 days ago
Normal topic

How do these 3 cards work? - Started by eyebreaker

How do these cards even work? Nephalia Smuggler Cloudshift & Conjurer's Closet...

Chaikov 2 days ago
Normal topic

Oath of Ghouls and Ground Seal - Started by FoolofaTook

Oath of Ghouls and Ground Seal work together, right?...

K-Mogg 2 days ago
No new posts
Hot topic with new posts
Hot topic without new posts
Sticky topic
Locked topic
Subscribe to RSS - Rules Q&A