Rules Q&A

Threads

FAQs and Reference

This is a read-only board where staff and moderators post reference threads, answers to frequently asked rules questions, and articles.

jeff-heikkinen
Dec 20, 2014 3:39:31
Threads
Replies
Views
Latest Update
Sticky topic

Rules Q&A - Magic Rules FAQ - Started by zammm

Rules Q&A Magic Rules FAQPlease do not post questions of your own here!You should only post in this thread if you want a question or...

Page 1, 2, 3... 5, 6
adeyke Dec 18, 2014 18:06:57
Sticky topic

[Magic 2015] Release Notes - Started by Natedogg

Magic 2015 Release Notes...

2goth4U Jul 29, 2014 8:10:50
Sticky topic

[Read This First] - Creating a Rules Thread - Started by zammm

Welcome to the Magic: The Gathering Rules Q&A forum.You've got a question, so let's help you ask it.#1: Ask yourself "[b]Is this a...

tot_kto_v_bredu Jun 20, 2014 0:28:43
Normal topic

Alter of the Brood question - Started by JollyOxe

Does Alter of the Brood have its triggered effect on the turn it was played and then stop, or will the 10 card mill happen every turn I...

2goth4U 10 minutes ago
Normal topic

Concerning Slow Play - Started by Angrypossum

I'm playing a control deck at Competitive REL. I've just gone up 1-0 in the round, with perhaps half the time in the round remaining. I...

2goth4U 22 minutes ago
Hot topic

Altered Art Legality - Started by Thunderbug

Ive been trying to find out wether altered art cards are legal but it all seems a bit vague to say the least lol. ...

2goth4U 33 minutes ago
Normal topic

Shrewd Hatchling - Started by boltlaface

Blockers are declared, I want to use Shrewd Hatchling's ability (pay 1, target creature cannot block shrewd hatchling this turn). I'm...

Astarael7 1 hour ago
Normal topic

Sigarda VS Kataki War Wage - Started by joevlod79

I am getting conflicting information on whether Sigarda would counter Kataki, War Wage's abiltilty. I need an official ruling....

jeff-heikkinen 1 hour ago
Normal topic

Writing Spoken Language Names on Foreign Language Cards - Started by Gemstone386

Out of curiosity, if I have a foreign laguage card, is it somehow against the rules if I wanted to write the name of the card in my...

Strago_Magus 4 hours ago
Normal topic

Aether Membrane and Animate Dead - Started by rgoheen2002

Hi guys, I'm new to the forums (as a poster) so please be gentle!  I cannot find help with this and was curious how these two cards...

rgoheen2002 5 hours ago
Normal topic

Devotion gods - Started by Yuichi

Hey everyone question. So if a devotion god, such as Nylea, is currently not a creature because I do not have the devotion to make it one...

Chaikov 7 hours ago
Normal topic

Genesis Hydra - Started by Nayrue

someone informed me recently that Genesis Hydra's ability triggers when you cast him therefore even if he's countered, exiled or...

Strago_Magus 21 hours ago
Normal topic

Silence and Staying Power combo? - Started by GuyinBusheswithBinoculars

What what happen if I played Staying Power >(enchantment) >(as long as Staying Power is in play, "until end of turn" and "this turn...

Nivean_Dauphin 22 hours ago
Normal topic

Aeons Torn and Undead Alchemist - Started by drbell

If Undead Alchemist causes Emrakul, the Aeons Torn to be milled, what is the result? Would the graveyard be reshuffled with Aeons Torn? ...

Strago_Magus Dec 26, 2014 14:37:10
Normal topic

Villainous wealth/craters claws? - Started by slurry69

i use villainous wealth on my opponent and pay 6 for X so they exile their top 6 and one is craters claws. Can I play craters claws...

Chaikov Dec 26, 2014 5:17:55
Normal topic

Hardened Scales ? - Started by mr8658

turn one play...

adeyke Dec 25, 2014 18:36:53
Normal topic

enduring renewal and martyr of sands - Started by AAvery007

I have an enduring renewal and a martyr of sands in play. Can I still use the martyrs ability even though my hand is already revealed?...

rezzahan Dec 25, 2014 10:51:33
Normal topic

Wrench Mind vs. Instant question. - Started by zaggers77

I was wondering if player A plays Wrench Mind and player B only has two cards in their hand can player B counter with an instant, say...

rezzahan Dec 25, 2014 1:22:39
Normal topic

Nether Spirit - Contamination - Huntmaster of the Fells - Started by parabola1970

My opponent has a Nether Spirit and a Contamination in play. I have a Huntmaster of the Fells in play. It is my turn and I do not play a...

parabola1970 Dec 24, 2014 22:00:24
Normal topic

Chandra & dual sorcery card - Started by Scanley

Using chandra pyro master -7 ability to exile top 10 cards from library, choose an instant or sorcery, can cast 3 times without paying...

Scanley Dec 24, 2014 19:42:11
Normal topic

Jeskai Ascendancy Shenanigans - Started by dingusstaff69

I just built a Jeskai tokens variant for FNM, but I'm a little unclear on something; Jeskai Ascendancy says that when you cast a non...

dingusstaff69 Dec 24, 2014 15:06:16
Normal topic

Instants and declaring blockers question - Started by RedRollinS

I recently asked a question about Mother of Runes and how her granting protection after blockers were declared affected the battlefield....

Chaikov Dec 24, 2014 4:54:50
Normal topic

Legion's Initiative - Started by TototheCat

So my friend and I are now in the midst of an argument....

Chaikov Dec 24, 2014 4:39:09
Normal topic

Crypt ghost - Started by eddiec4367

Cards already in play: basilica screecher and tithe drinker. Then I cast Crypt ghost. Can i use 1 swamp to pay for both basilica...

eddiec4367 Dec 23, 2014 22:47:50
Normal topic

Enter the battlefield situation - Started by Jdow

So i have a 1/1 enchantment creature in play and my opponent has a 6/6 hydra. He then casts [noparse] reclamation sage [/noparse] says is...

Jdow Dec 23, 2014 12:17:50
No new posts
Hot topic with new posts
Hot topic without new posts
Sticky topic
Locked topic
Subscribe to RSS - Rules Q&A