[indent]An Expert Dungeon Master can create a compelling plotline, often out of disparate elements that arise from time to time in a campaign. This competition asks you to create an engaging and fun plotline from the optional elements.[/indent]
Welcome to the eighth Expert Dungeon Master Competition! The primary purpose of the Expert Dungeon Master Competitions is threefold:
- To create a resource for new Dungeon Masters drawing on the vast talent pool of the experienced Dungeon Masters of this forum.
- To create a fun and vibrant competition that is sportsmanlike and friendly.
- To showcase the creativity and talent of Dungeon Masters like you.
In order to enter the competition, your entry must fulfill the following required elements:
- Name your plotline.
- Describe the number and levels of the PCs expected to run through the plotline.
- Describe a plotline, including one or more story hooks (how the PCs get involved), one or more developments that might occur depending on PC actions, and one or more endings for the plotline.
In addition, the entry must include at least three of the following ten optional elements:
- A location within the Elemental Chaos.
- A painted stone.
- A pomegranate.
- A riddle.
- A roc.
- A scar or tattoo.
- A wedding.
- An abacus.
- An unfaithful spouse.
- Two feuding families, towns, tribes, etc.
- Code of Conduct. All entries must comply with the forum's Code of Conduct.
- Contest Duration. Contests usually run for two weeks, beginning with the post announcing the competition. The Coordinator may extend the duration of the contest at his discretion after consulting the other judges for that competition. However, such extensions should be done very rarely.
- Edits After 15 Minutes Prohibited. Applicants may not edit their entries more than 15 minutes after submission. This includes editing done by forum moderators, unless the moderator specifically states that the entry had not been edited prior to the moderator's action. If the entrant submits an entry before the contest closes and then edits the entry after the contest closes, but within fifteen minutes of submission, the edits will be considered valid. Entrants should use the forum’s “preview post” function or an off-line text editor to check the entry before posting. Once winners have been announced, entrants may edit their entries.
- Multiple Entries Prohibited. Each applicant may only submit one entry during the period in which entries may be submitted. Submitting multiple entries disqualifies all entries. Additional entries may be submitted after the competition closes, but they will not be judged.
- Multi-Post Entries Prohibited. Each entry must be contained within a single post. The judges must ignore any subsequent posts.
- Outside Links Prohibited. Entries may not include material hosted on a website other than the post on which the entry appears. Images hosted on, or links to, other websites will be ignored by the judges when scoring.
- Plagiarism and Previewing Prohibited. All entries must be the original, exclusive work of the applicant. Entries found to be copying the work of another, or that have been posted for review prior to the close of the competition, will be disqualified.
The contest will run from today through Friday March 27, 2009. All entries must be submitted no later than 12:00 midnight on that day (Eastern Standard Time). The judges of this contest are AceRumble, TwinBahamut, and wrecan, and the coordinator of this contest is wrecan.
Good luck and have fun!!