Bigby. Mordenkainen. Tenser. These wizards have been immortalized in D&D in no small part due to the spells they crafted that bear their names. Now it is your chance to add another signature name to a series of powers or rituals.
Welcome to the sixth Expert Dungeon Master Competition! The primary purpose of the Expert Dungeon Master Competitions is threefold:
- To create a resource for new Dungeon Masters drawing on the vast talent pool of the experienced Dungeon Masters of this forum.
- To create a fun and vibrant competition that is sportsmanlike and friendly.
- To showcase the creativity and talent of Dungeon Masters like you.
In order to enter the competition, your entry must fulfill the following required elements:
- Name the individual who created the powers and/or rituals described in Element C. (This individual shall be called the "signature character.")
- Describe the basic information a History check might reveal about the signature character.
- Describe three, four or five powers and/or rituals devised by the signature character. Include all necessary mechanical information.
In addition, the entry must meet at least three of the following thirteen optional elements:
- One or more powers or rituals are described for each tier of play (heroic, paragon and epic).
- Only martial powers and rituals that do not have Arcana, Heal, Nature or Religion as a key skill are described.
- Only powers with the Conjuration keyword and rituals in the Binding Category are described.
- Only powers with the Zone keyword and rituals in the Warding category are described.
- Only utility powers and rituals in the Exploration category are described.
- Out of guilt, remorse or shame, the signature character tried to hide the powers and rituals from others.
- The powers and rituals would be considered useful to a single non-adventuring profession to which the signature character belonged.
- The signature character designed the powers and rituals to compensate for a physical disability.
- The signature character was an aberrant creature.
Available to entries detailing powers:
- At least one at-will power, one encounter power and one daily power is detailed.
- No power requires standard or move actions.
Available to entries detailing rituals:
- At least one ritual uses Dungeoneering as a key skill.
- At least one ritual utilizes a skill check to determine its efficacy.
- Code of Conduct. All entries must comply with the forum's Code of Conduct.
- Contest Duration. Contests usually run for two weeks, beginning with the post announcing the competition. The Coordinator may extend the duration of the contest at his discretion after consulting the other judges for that competition. However, such extensions should be done very rarely.
- Edits After 15 Minutes Prohibited. Applicants may not edit their entries more than 15 minutes after submission. This includes editing done by forum moderators, unless the moderator specifically states that the entry had not been edited prior to the moderator's action. If the entrant submits an entry before the contest closes and then edits the entry after the contest closes, but within fifteen minutes of submission, the edits will be considered valid. Entrants should use the forum’s “preview post” function or an off-line text editor to check the entry before posting. Once winners have been announced, entrants may edit their entries.
- Multiple Entries Prohibited. Each applicant may only submit one entry prior during the period in which entries may be submitted. Submitting multiple entries disqualifies all entries. Additional entries may be submitted after the competition closes, but they will not be judged.
- Multi-Post Entries Prohibited. Each entry must be contained within a single post. The judges must ignore any subsequent posts.
- Outside Links Prohibited. Entries may not include material hosted on a website other than the post on which the entry appears. Images hosted on, or links to, other websites will be ignored by the judges when scoring.
- Plagiarism and Previewing Prohibited. All entries must be the original, exclusive work of the applicant. Entries found to be copying the work of another, or that have been posted for review prior to the close of the competition, will be disqualified.
The contest will run from today through Friday January 9, 2008. All entries must be submitted no later than 12:00 midnight on that day (Eastern Standard Time). The judges of this contest are dulsi, TelinArtho, TwinBahamut and wrecan and the coordinator of this contest is wrecan.
Good luck and have fun!!