3.5 premade campaign

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
I have run a Sunday game for a while, but I find myself having trouble keeping up with everything involved in creating my own campaign. I inconvenience myself and my players experiences suffer because of it, so we got together and decided we were going to thread the current campaign into a premade, pre-written campaign. We have decided that a special wizards stone that they found will teleport them into a alternate reality where their character classes are opposite of what they are normally, and they start back at level 1.

However, for all my searching, I cannot seem to find a pre-synthesized campaign book for 3.5. I was hoping someone here could point me in the right direction, suggest a good 3.5 premade for me. We were hoping to do it in the Forgotten Realms, but anywhere is fine, so long as its on the lower end of the level spectrum. Thank you for your help everyone.
Paizo Publishing (Dungeon Magazine) - The Shackled City Adventure Path. Everything you need in one hardcover book.

For any decision or adjudication, ask yourself, "Is this going to be fun for everyone?" and "Is this going to lead to the creation of an exciting, memorable story?"

DMs: Dungeon Master 101  |  Session Zero  |  How to Adjudicate Actions  |  No Myth Roleplaying  |  5e Monster Index & Encounter Calculator
Players: Players 101  |  11 Ways to Be a Better Roleplayer  |  You Are Not Your Character  |  Pre-Gen D&D 5e PCs

Content I Created: Adventure Scenarios  |  Actual Play Reports  |  Tools  |  Game Transcripts

Follow me on Twitter: @is3rith

Paizo Publishing (Dungeon Magazine) - The Shackled City Adventure Path. Everything you need in one hardcover book.

Shackled City is a good, although difficult, adventure to run through. I also recommend it.

If you can find some low level adventure to run first, I would also recommend The Red Hand of Doom which starts around 5th level and will take a group of 5 to somewhere in the 10-11 range. Really good story arc.

I don't believe either is set in the FR by default, but it isn't terribly difficult to work things in.
Eberron is pretty good, and was made using 3.5 rules.
Show
Of the two approaches to hobby games today, one is best defined as the realism-simulation school and the other as the game school. AD&D is assuredly an adherent of the latter school. It does not stress any realism (in the author's opinon an absurd effort at best considering the topic!). It does little to attempt to simulate anything either. (AD&D) is first and foremost a game for the fun and enjoyment of those who seek the use of imagination and creativity.... In all cases, however, the reader should understand that AD&D is designed to be an amusing and diverting pastime, something which an fill a few hours or consume endless days, as the participants desire, but in no case something to be taken too seriously. For fun, excitement and captivating fantasy, AD&D is unsurpassed.As a realistic simulation of things from the realm of make-believe or even as a reflection of midieval or ancient warfare or culture or society, it can be deemed only a dismal failure. Readers who seek the later must search elsewhere. - Gary Gygax. 1e DMG.
Shackled City is a good, although difficult, adventure to run through. I also recommend it.

If you can find some low level adventure to run first, I would also recommend The Red Hand of Doom which starts around 5th level and will take a group of 5 to somewhere in the 10-11 range. Really good story arc.

+1.

Shackled City is cool, but rather complex to DM (as a PC, too). If you are having trouble with your own campaign, it can be a bit much to keep track of the various story arcs and NPCs.

Red Hand of Doom would be my recommendation. Great story and good mix of roleplaying and action. The party frequently has the freedom to decide a course of action, and these decisions always have real impact. It's both fun to play and to DM. Plus, it's a very good level range for 3.5 games.
Definately would agree with the "Red hand of doom" suggestion. We have just finished playing through it.

Realy great!

Wonderful NPCs too. We really played on the whole relationship between Tredora and the main boss guy (who's name I can't remember).

The whole build up to the Lich Lord was great too. I added a massive twist too by having a psycho nine year-old girl in a nighty haunting the party for ages... she would appear and try and kill them, in real life and in dreams...

They were getting very worked up about her in the end...

...When they finally arrived at the Lich's Lion house and out walked the little girl...! It was priceless!

Anyway, bla bla bla bla,

"Red hand of doom" is really good. And it will basically give you a whole massive chunk of world for the PCs to play in... And the flavour and cultur of the region is really clear... and quite default DnD too, which is good.

What do others think?

Ben

Want incredibly atmospheric background
soundscapes for your gaming table?

Go to: www.syrinscape.com

Download for free!
See a program demo, and listen to mp3s
of Syrinscape in action.

Sign In to post comments