what tribal-race should i pick?

18 posts / 0 new
Last post
i just discovered the amazing advantages of tribal decks (i have coat of arms), but i dont know what race i should pick... i have already looked on some elves, some rats, some samurais, liashino and i have heard that snakes are great... but none of them really feels right... do anyone have a suggestion to what race i should pick, maybe even suggestions to what cards to have in the deck.
I have a Solder deck that does quite well. Merfolk have some interesting possibilities if you want to go that route. A friend in my meta who once built a Horror deck. You may also consider Goblins (it is the example on the card after all). I also hear Elves are popular.

Hope that gives you a few ideas to start. I'm afraid that, as far as deck building goes, only you can decide which creature type (or types) you want to build your deck around. What type of player are you? What creatures do you like? What type of deck are you trying to beat, and how do you beat it? Do you want to devote yourself to doing nothing but bashing your opponent over the head until his life hits -200? Or do you want something more subtle?

I'm a Johnny type, so putting the deck together is half the fun for me; as such, I don't really enjoy net-decking, but if that's your thing, there are plenty of deck lists around this forum.

One important thing to remember. Changlings are all creature types all the time. They're happy in any tribal deck.

Good hunting.
i personally love elves and have seen merfolk do things that shouldnt be possible in type 2
i... have seen merfolk do things that shouldnt be possible in type 2

You mean like having a person milled out by turn 5 or 6?
i recently bought a lorwyn booster pack and a shadowmoor booster pack, and i got some pretty nice kithkin cards(compared to my standard, i guess). which booster packs should i buy if i want some good kithkin?
You just listed them. For tribal, you'll probably want to stick with Lorwyn and Morningtide, but Shadowmoor also has a few good ones.
Elves or kithken easy
ok well my friend has a extremely good soldier deck, beats mine almost every time.

elves are quite effective if u do it right.

treefolk are nice and stompy, plus probably the easiest of the three to build, though elves or soldiers done right could probably own treefolk.

i like beast decks but they arent all that effective, they dont work together, but they are HUGE.

essentialmagic.com//decks/mydecks.asp
for some example of treefolk decks...you can look at mine.
Cats. They were cute enough before, but when Alara comes out they will be teh awesome.
Cats. They were cute enough before, but when Alara comes out they will be teh awesome.

GO NAYA!
the tribal masters are slivers. give em a whirl.
Go with Golems. They are the bomb. The only problem is that they are slow. If you are playing multiplayer tribal, it should do quite well since everyone else will be trying to keep each other in check and you are just dropping lands until you can set things off.

Spreading Plague + Alloy Golem = colored bomb.
Mycosynth Golem + Null Profussion = fast golems.
Brass Herald + Mycosynth/Null combo = Even more golems.

The use of the Artifact lands will bring up your affinity count. Use Terminate and Backlash to help keep you alive until you can go off.

Add in some green for Hull Breach to take out pesky enchantments.

And for even more fun, throw in some Isochron Scepters. Nothing is as much fun as terminate on a stick.

I have never used Coat of Arms personally. There's too much risk that you are helping out your opponent more than you are helping yourself.
This space for rent. yodavader-join2.jpg
all my decks are tribal and i have a top-notch one for each color:

White - Rebel "control"
Blue - Phish (merfolk)
Black - Zombie Bridge
Red - Gob-vantage
Green - 12 Land Elvish Stompy

all of them are type 1.5 (legacy) worthy,
Im not sure why i didnt see it earlier, but i think this tribe is worth mentioning. The faeries, they are a very prevalent race in the lorwyn, shadowmore block and have many rares that can stack, as in Bitterblossom + Scion of Oona, if you have two scions out, each turn your getting a 3,3 black faerie rogue with flying AND shroud.

on another note, if Shards catches your fancy, its not exactly racial, but the five shards are all like mini-tribes in themselves. I play an esper deck, in which all but a few cards are artifacts, or artifact creatures.
hope this helped
Im not sure why i didnt see it earlier, but i think this tribe is worth mentioning. The faeries, they are a very prevalent race in the lorwyn, shadowmore block and have many rares that can stack, as in Bitterblossom + Scion of Oona, if you have two scions out, each turn your getting a 3,3 black faerie rogue with flying AND shroud.

on another note, if Shards catches your fancy, its not exactly racial, but the five shards are all like mini-tribes in themselves. I play an esper deck, in which all but a few cards are artifacts, or artifact creatures.
hope this helped

he has a good point, ive been checking out the cards from naya and they do pretty well together

GOBLINS!!!!!!!GOBLINS!!!!!!!GOBLINS!!!!!!!GOBLINS!!!!!!!GOBLINS!!!!!!!GOBLINS!!!!!!!

GOBLINS!!!!!!!GOBLINS!!!!!!!GOBLINS!!!!!!!GOBLINS!!!!!!!GOBLINS!!!!!!!GOBLINS!!!!!!!

ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCool

as for the cards: brigths stone ritual, goblin warstrike, vouricias dragon, goblin war chief, dragon foder.................................................. and many others

Bears. No questions. No arguments. Just do it.
Don't think I saw slivers in there anywhere...be careful though, from what I've seen it's like painting a bullseye on your forehead