Fae Deck sharing. We all need some ideas.

23 posts / 0 new
Last post
I love that the Fae are winning. my list for them is just a high-end faries, low-end counters with mistical teachings. it kicks so much arse to have all of your counters make the opponent lose 1-4 life courtesy of faerie tauntings, which you get EoT with fae harbinger which you get EoT with Mystical teachings, after not haveing your opponent play anyhting. never tap out exept for EoT if you want to win. Or if you have profane Command. Durf.

Fae Teachings: Maindeck

11x islands
11x swamps

2xProfane command
2xScion of Oona
2xWydwen the biting gale
4xFaerie harbinger
4xPestermite
4xFaerie trickery
4xfaeire tauntings
4xRunesnag
4xMystical teachings
4xCancel
4xPonder

This works like many of the pre-Lorwyn Mystical Teachings decks, but has the bonus of no need for Teferi, and you win faster with the Faerie Tauntings.

-J
You have a LOT of instants, and if you have thieving sprite, that could be useful to you. I'd take it down a notch with the counters and maybe add some thieving sprites in there. There are plenty of other faerie cards that could be useful, like one that gives a creature a negative -1/-1 every time you play an instant.

You also have around twenty-two land. That's a lot, don't you think? You might be playing on a budget, but drop two lands, a counter, and add some more bread-and-butter faeries.
Thanks for the comment. I have considered dream spoiler witches and i jsut didn't put them in yet due to all the counters. also, the thing i don't like about theiving sprite is that this deck is really much more of a counters help faeries win deck, but i will test your idea tonight.

thanks

-J

P.S. have a decklist yourself?

oh, and i am defs playing on a budget.
Might as well post mine.

4xSecluded Glen.
8xIsland.
6xSwamp.
2xFearie Conclave.
Urza's Factory.

2xWydwen, the Biting Gale.
2xMistbind Clique.
3xScion of Oona.
4xFearie Harbinger.
4xOona's Prowler.
4xPestermite.

2xProfane Command.

4xCancel.
4xFearie Trickery.
4xBoomerang.
4xNameless Inversion.

3xFearie Tauntings.
And here is mine...

4 Underground River
4 Secluded Glen
4 River of Tears
4 Dessssserts
1 Urborg
4 Island
1 Urza's Factor

4 Scion of Oona
4 Oona's Prowler
4 Sower of Temptation
4 Cloud Sprite
4 Nightshade Stinger
4 Spellstutter Sprite
2 Mistbind Clique

4 Rune Snag
4 Familiar's Ruse
4 Sudden Death

Plays like the basic Blue skies deck of years past. Go out flier, attack, counter, do some more.
This is mine, it's been rather good, it beat a goblin deck in an aggro race due to counters, and outlasted a friends sliver deck. I guess that is accomplishment enough for me to think its ok. I don't have too much money for improving it, but I would like to hear how I can.

Mistbind Clique x1
Thieving Sprite x2
Pestermite x2
Spellstutter Sprite x1
Sentinels of Glen Elendra x1
Dreamspoiler witches x2
Ringskipper x1
Nightshade Stinger x4
Scion of Oona x2
Cairn Wanderer x2
Glen Elendra Pranksters x1

Weed Strangle x2
Deluge x1
Whirlpool Whelm x3
Broken Ambitions x4
Peppersmoke x4
Aquitects WIll x1
Faerie Trickery x4
Beacon of Unrest x1
Chill to the Bone x1
Assassinate x2

Runed Stalactite x1
Whispersilk Cloak x1

Vivide Marsh x2
Shelldock Isle x1
Vivid Creek x1
Island x7
Swamp x8
Thanks for the comment. I have considered dream spoiler witches and i jsut didn't put them in yet due to all the counters. also, the thing i don't like about theiving sprite is that this deck is really much more of a counters help faeries win deck, but i will test your idea tonight.

thanks

-J

P.S. have a decklist yourself?

oh, and i am defs playing on a budget.

Sorry, I wanted to build faeries, but they're not in my price range. To build a really good faerie tribal deck needs lots of work for it to stick.
This is mine, it's been rather good, it beat a goblin deck in an aggro race due to counters, and outlasted a friends sliver deck. I guess that is accomplishment enough for me to think its ok. I don't have too much money for improving it, but I would like to hear how I can.

Mistbind Clique x1
Thieving Sprite x2
Pestermite x2
Spellstutter Sprite x1
Sentinels of Glen Elendra x1
Dreamspoiler witches x2
Ringskipper x1
Nightshade Stinger x4
Scion of Oona x2
Cairn Wanderer x2

Weed Strangle x2
Deluge x1
Whirlpool Whelm x3
Broken Ambitions x4
Peppersmoke x4
Aquitects WIll x1
Faerie Trickery x4
Beacon of Unrest x1
Chill to the Bone x1
Assassinate x2

Runed Stalactite x1
Whispersilk Cloak x1

Vivide Marsh x2
Shelldock Isle x1
Vivid Creek x1
Island x7
Swamp x8

You said you would like to keep this on a budget level so I will do just that. The first thing will fix is the manabase. You are only using 19 lands and that is just not enough. I recommend 22 to 24 lands for a faerie deck. Given what you have, I think 23 lands should work. The Shelldock Isle has little use here for you. You will rarely meet the condition so it really only acts as a deck thinner. Since you do not have many 1-drops, we can afford to use more of the Vivid lands. lets go with 3 each and an Urza's Factory

3 Vivid Marsh
3 Vivid Creek
1 Urza's Factory
7 Island
8 Swamp

Now let's go with the creature base. You really need to use 4 Scion of Oona. Not only are they your lord, but their shroud ability is a killer and can act like counterspell thanks to the flash. So use 4 of those. Same is true with the Spellsutter. It is just amazing. Let me see if this would work for you

4 Scion of Oona
4 Nightshade Stinger
4 Spellsutter Sprite
2 Mistbind Clique
4 Pestermite
4 Dreamspoil Witches

Now for the spells. I like your selection, but lets focus it a bit

4 Faerie Trickery
4 Nameless Inversion
4 Peppersmoke
4 Broken Ambitions

There you go! You got creature removal, counters, card advantage, evasion, and some nice tricks. Your basic plan is real simple, get out a flier, attack, counter, do again. As you can see, I only added 3 rares to your initial list, 2 Scion and 1 Mistbind Clique. If you get Sowers of Temptation I recommend using those. And of course, get those Secluded Glen! Hope this has been some help for you
Thanks for posting everyone!

One thing i seem to be noticeing is that most fae players are playing aggo control. you attack with one or two guys as you slowly beat down. i think that all of these deck seem very nice (even if your land-bases are too expensive for me).

a few notes are as follows:

i seem to be right in the middle of everyone else: half of you have rune snag, half have fae tauntings.

however, none of you have mystical teachings. i REALLY would advise this deck to have at least two. it had done WONDERS for me, winning 40% of your games by topdecking the bottom card of your deck is brutal. it works a a wordly tutor for the fae decks, and you simply play it on turns wheen there's nothing to counter, which is EVEN BETTER with a faerie tauntings in play. anyway, just more tech.

Another thing i would like to see in this forum is a bit of Gameplay tips, for example, has anyone here ever had five mana against someone playing a game winning spell wil anoth backed up for next turn with that player on one or two? do this: pestermite, untap a land, play a fae trickery or cancel (with four mana starting, you need a rune snag) and then swing for the win on your turn. at the very least in a sit. like this you get a bunch of temo and with a fae tauntings, you deal lots of damage just with teh procedure.

anyway, i would like to hear some fae stories or tricks, as practically everything we play bounces, counters, drains life and what else etc.

now to continue (and you were hoping i finished) i have to say thanks to C. Kurtz for helping with neab's decklist. this is very helpful, and i would like everyone to try to do this if you get a chance.

oh, and minoma, with a bit of simple trading you can get a solid base, but you should probably pay for a wydwyen and a Mistbind and a scion or two. otherwise, the key things to trade for are (imho):

4x pestermite
4x fae harbinger
4x fae trickery
4x ponder

that's teh bore minimum, after that, pick one of us fae people and bandwagon our deck styles as well as you can.

thank you all, and keep posting,

-J
Mystical Teachings is too slow for me to like. You will rarely get the flashback cost and it really does little other than mess up your game plan. Furthermore, it is way too slow. Just use a playset of your key spells. If you plan on going aggro/control you simply cannot wait turns with the Mystical teachings. You are better off using Cryptic Command in that slot because they card at least effects board control and generates card advantage. And to make things worse, the only card I find worth tutoring for is the Scion of Oona, and even Faeries can win without that.

Do not use Faerie Tauntings. That card does nothing for the board. It is also a waste of a slow. At 3cc it will have minimal effects. It is a win-more card and really doesn't help with the plan. Again, if you want to deal extra damage, just use Psionic Blast instead. That card can be used for burn an opponent out or kill off a creature.

The Faerie Harbinger is another creature I am against using. It also does little to help you out. There is no real card you will want to tutor for and the Faerie s do not have the toolbox that Elves, Elementals, and even Goblins have. Those races all benefit from using a toolbox method, faeries do not. Also, the Harbinger is too slow and offers little. Just use Sowers of Temptation. If you cannot get the Sowers, then use more beatdown faeries.

If you are going to go blue and black, theses are the faeries to consider

Oona's Prowler
Pestermite
Nightshade ....
Cloud Sprite
Sower of Temptation
Dreamspoil Witches (meant for the budget)
Scion of Oona
Mistbind Clique
Ok kurtz, now i realize the problem, we're playing different formats. while i do play A LOT of 1v1, i play a LOT MROE multiplayer. this makes a fae tauntings activation worth about 6 damage (to each of six players). i agree with what you are saying now.

just wanted to clarify.

-J

BTW, my deck is really good too, and has beaten in a 2v1 with me as teh one. if i get the rares, it will look more like yours for sure.
I love how the slivers are winning.

You need something better to do than post short, meaningless phrases.
Well, this is short, but not so meaningless. I know it's probably very, very overdone, but has anyone tried putting in x4 Guile in their decks? That's a 6/6 for 6 and compliments your "play on opponent's turn" counter strategy.
Well, this is short, but not so meaningless. I know it's probably very, very overdone, but has anyone tried putting in x4 Guile in their decks? That's a 6/6 for 6 and compliments your "play on opponent's turn" counter strategy.

Never even considered it. The cost is through the roof and will just clog up your hand. As much as I like Guile, it is meant for a strict Go-Draw style of playing and that is not the game Faeries play. Your main goal is to get out some fliers, protect with counter magic, and create tempo. Guile would not only be overkill, but does little to help you with the basic plan.

If you are looking for a coup de grace card, go with the Mistbind Clique. Use 4 of them. Having your opponent basically lose an entire untap step with their land should be more than enough to set them back a full turn. This will allow you to get in some huge damage and have countermagic ready to ensure your fliers stay intact.
Here's a decklist I was fooling around with...

4 Nightshade Stinger
4 Oona's Prowler
4 Pestermite
4 Spellstutter Sprite
3 Scion of Oona
3 Mistbind Clique
2 Wyden, The Biting Gale
2 Sower of Temptation

4 Faerie Trickery
4 Rune Snag
2 Ancestral Vision

2 Jace Beleren
2 Liliana Vess

4 Secluded Glen
2 Faerie Conclave
8 Islands
6 Swamp

Sideboard:

4 Thoughtseize
4 Extirpate
3 Sudden Death
2 Damnation
2 Profane Command

The deck is fast enough to go Aggro if needed, but still has several control elements. The Spellstutter Sprites do wonders after a turn one Nightshade Stinger, and are generally a very pleasant trick to have in hand. The planeswalkers are very effective in the Deck, Liliana helping with discarding and tutoring (the reanimation ability is used only post-damnation or wrath) and Jace speeding your deck up and pairing with Liliana's Discard ability very nicely.

The sideboard adds a lot more control to the deck with Thoughtseize and Extirpate. Sudden Death does wonders in the mirror thanks to split second, and Damnation is there against other Aggro decks that might out race you.

Thoughts?
Thought #1: seing as you like the spirte on turn two, you might want to try cloud sprite. i think that's the name. if not, it's U for a 1/1 flying faerie. pretty good turn one same are stinger.

Throught #2: IF you are set on planeswalkers, that's fine, but i might go to three jace and one liliana. but that's just me. if you are willing to drop the 'walkers, then i would probably and go for some beatdown fae.

that's all for you.

Now to everyone, i want to wonder about the missing removal most of you seem to have. (granted kurtz, you had some for the budget deck) but really, i think that a lack of removal is a problem. anyway, just wanted to see your thoughts on that.

-J
@AKICKINTHETEETHFORYOU: Removal isn't that necessary in the deck if you run enough counterspells. Typically, any non-red deck that wants to run removal won't run over 8 or 10, and most faerie builds run 10-12+ counters at times, which can be just as effective as removal.

Also, I had considered Cloud Sprite, but I'm not sure on what to take out to make room for it. Any ideas? Also, I had thought about running a third Jace, but running three makes it a little excessive at times. Liliana hasn't proven to be THAT useful, but she has won me a few games. Thoughts?
@AKICKINTHETEETHFORYOU: Removal isn't that necessary in the deck if you run enough counterspells. Typically, any non-red deck that wants to run removal won't run over 8 or 10, and most faerie builds run 10-12+ counters at times, which can be just as effective as removal.

Also, I had considered Cloud Sprite, but I'm not sure on what to take out to make room for it. Any ideas? Also, I had thought about running a third Jace, but running three makes it a little excessive at times. Liliana hasn't proven to be THAT useful, but she has won me a few games. Thoughts?

I use 4 cloud Sprite and love it. I also use 4 Nightshade Stinger. Getting one of the 2 out 1st turn is just great. It allows you to have an offensive plan that goes unblockable. When you throw in a Scion they get that much better. Also, they make the Spellstutter Sprite far more effective allowing for second turn counters. So yes, I commend using 4.

I don't really like using the Planeswalker. You have very little to protect them with and it doesn't do enough for you aggro-control plan. You are better off using Mistbind Clique and Sower of Temptations over the Planeswalkers.
Land:
Island x 14
Swamp x 10

Creatures:

Sower of Temptation x1
Pestermite x4
Wydwen, the Biting Gale x1
Scion of Oona x3
Oona's Prowler x1
Dreamspoiler Witches x2
Spellstutter Sprite x2
Faerie Harbinger x2
Sentinels of Glen Elendra x3

Etc:
Ponder x2
Familiar's Ruse x2
Thoughtseize x1
Faerie Trickery x4
Peppersmoke x4
Dark Ritual 1
Dash Hopes x1
Faerie Tauntings x2

---

I proxied two Scions of Oona replacing two Guiles I had earlier.
Guile might be a good choice for some of you running lots of counter spells.

I built this deck off of a tournament deck box, a couple of my own cards(dash hopes, dark ritual)
and a trade or two between some of my friends(the only card I can remember is Sower of Temptation)
So, basically it needs to be a little bit more streamlined, but it still runs incredibly well.
My deck seemes to run as a faerie deck with rouge undertones

Creatures x19
Mothdust Changeling x4
Latchkey Faerie x4
Final-Sting Faerie x3
Oona's Blackgaurd x2
Thieving Sprite x1
Dewdrop Spy x1
Stinkdrinker Bandit x1
Scorceries or Instants x18
Violet Pall x4
Peppersmoke x4
Theives Fortune x2
Morsel Theft x2
Robe of Mirrors x1
Distant melody x1
Faerie Trickery x1
Faerie Tauntings x1
Notorious Throng x1
Final Revels x1
Artifacts x3
Cloak and Dagger x3
Land x20
Island x10
Swamp x10
THE RETURN OF THE ALL MIGHTY OP.

Bitter BLossom.

discussion over.

i would like to point out how early i suppourted fae.

;P

-J
Here's a main board I've been working on. Started as something I just threw together, but I'm trying to make it my Standard type II deck.
**note, I was told Spellstutter was not as reliable in this deck as I'm not running Bitterblossom...therefore I have the Cloud Sprite.
I really only wanted to abuse Oona's Blackguard...

B/U Fearie Discard

4x Oona's Blackguard
4x Scion of Oona
4x Glen Elendra Liege
4x Spellstutter Sprite
4x Wasp Lancer
4x Oona's Gatewarden
Total=24

4x Bitterblossom
4x Rune Snag
4x Nameless Inversion
2x ???
Total=38

SB???
I am Blue/Black
I am Blue/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator. “A Human Thought is an actual EXISTENCE, and a Force and Power, capable of acting upon and controlling matter as well as mind.”