The off on a tangent thread.

6420 posts / 0 new
Last post
Thought about this for a minute or two.
The boards are full of threads containing various points of view, some funny, some serious, some helpful and some just plain silly, but they all have something in common. At some point in most of them, (usually really long ones with a lot of reading) a silly thought will come into my head which I want to write down.

For example just now whilst writing this I thought "What would I do if I had a dog and it ate my best boots?"

Now I haven't got a real dog, and I would be pretty miffed if I did and it ate my best boots.

But the point is that sometimes while reading threads I go off on a tangent and get some strange thoughts.

I'm not the only one (I hope) so how about posting your "Off on a tangent thoughts" here.

They WILL be loved and cherished.

Honest
"What would I do if I had a dog and it ate my best boots?"

One of my childhood friends had a dog named Boots.
Thank you, Erik.
Isn't Boots the monkey on Dora the Explorer?
Isn't Boots the monkey on Dora the Explorer?

Yes. I have a 4 year old that's how I know that, whats your excuse?
Because I have a 2 year old and we end up having to watch that show every day. aahhh man.
I'm just glad its on in the morning after I've left for work and I only have to watch the dora movie we bought 5 times in a row. :D
For example just now whilst writing this I thought "What would I do if I had a dog and it ate my best boots?"

Some people refer to it as Attention Deficit Disorder or ADD.

However, my personal feeling is that ADD is not real. I think the American pharmaceutical companies made up the term so they could sell more prescriptions for kids. Shame on them!

That gives me an idea. Let's start a marketing promotion that says playing Magic can cure your kids of ADD. Wizards would make a fortune. Who's with me... /me charges out of room just like Belushi in Animal House.

Does ADD seem to be a problem in countries other than America? (If not, it would help prove my point that ADD is a pretend disease.)

This concludes my off on a tangent thoughts.
Too many posts on dora the exploiter.

Which for some reason has me humming...

"We're off on the road to Morocco..."
Thank you, Erik.
It's Nemo around here. I can quote most of the movie from memory. ctrl+q y
Speaking of Nemo, I wonder if MTGO has had 20,000 leagues.

I knew Nemo when he was just a snotty midshipman. Mind you, even then he had that 'I'm going to conquer the world on the misguided principle that it's for the universal good. Hmm, I wonder if they'll make a film about me?' look about him.

He had a sort of orange furred rodent for a pet. Looked like a crossbreed of some sort. 'Ornery little critter.

Aarrr.

well let's journey to the center of the problem, shall we?
well let's journey to the center of the problem, shall we?

Only if you show me your tea-time machine.
10 green bottles sitting on a wall
10 green bottles sitting on a wall
And if 1 green bottle should accidently fall
There'll be 9 green bottles sitting on a wall
I don't understand how this thread is any different from any other thread I post in.
I don't understand how this thread is any different from any other thread I post in.

It doesn't have hundreds of "This is your worst mistake ever, WotC" posts.
It doesn't have hundreds of "This is your worst mistake ever, WotC" posts.

And THAT, my friends, is WotC's worst mistake EVER!!!1!!eleven
Free Speech
Free speech is the right to speak your mind without government censorship and without fear of extralegal retaliation like harassment or violence. That’s all! Free speech doesn’t include the right to speak your mind on any forum anywhere. The government may not prevent you from speaking, but private parties, like blog owners or corporations, aren’t required to let you use their property as your platform. Free speech doesn’t include the right to be believed or to be taken seriously. People may mock, ridicule or laugh at what you say, or they may reject it outright. Free speech doesn’t include the right to be listened to. People who don’t desire to hear your opinion can hang up on you, block you on social media, change the channel, close the browser tab. Free speech doesn’t give you the right to bombard people with harassing messages or otherwise force them to pay attention to you against their will. And free speech doesn’t include the right to suffer no consequences whatsoever for your expressed opinions.
Now that would make a fun poll, Worst WotC Magic Mistake...
Thank you, Erik.
Technical question.

Could by a really, really, really big stretch of the imagination horns be considered as ears?
And THAT, my friends, is WotC's worst mistake EVER!!!1!!eleven

programmerman is WotC's worst mistake?
Not hiring programmerman is WotC's worst mistake!!!!

IMAGE(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v76/zammm/Smilies/Fixed.gif)

Team Neutral For A While!
Thank you, Erik.
IMAGE(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v76/zammm/Smilies/Fixed.gif)

Team Neutral For A While!

Well, I would have had to apply... you know, with all the forms and such...
i like cheeeeese
Did everything just smell purple for a second ?...
Because ice cream has no bones.
Sin / Cos

Ivo.

(sorry, but I felt that someone had to do it)
Did everything just smell purple for a second ?...

Were you drinking wine at the time?

One of my hobbies is candlemaking (yes, I'm a geek but my wife loves candles) and there is a candle scent named Passionate Purple. Maybe that is what you smelled?

Here's a description of the scent:
PASSIONATE PURPLE - one word to describe this oil - WOW!! This is a GREAT oil! Super strong and definitely "in your face". A Fabulous blend of merlot, sweet sugared grapes with dry sweet citrus bottom notes. This is a totally different oil! SUPER STRONG! Great for the holidays or all year! Bath and body safe and FABULOUS in soy and paraffin. This oil is very unique!
Plucking hairs from your nose is perhaps more painful than plucking hair from any other part of your body.

On a related note, I just plucked a white hair from my nose...should I be concerned?
Plucking hairs from your nose is perhaps more painful than plucking hair from any other part of your body.

On a related note, I just plucked a white hair from my nose...should I be concerned?

Follow-up question: What have you been sniffing?

Depending on your personal hygene, you may or may not have hair on the knuckle of your big toe.

I submit that this hair is far and away the most difficult to pluck. Buggers definitely need tweezers, you can win a bet that a guy can't pull them with just his fingers.

I'm thinking white or gray nose hairs are preferred to green or yellow.
Thank you, Erik.
Buggers definitely need tweezers, you can win a bet that a guy can't pull them with just his fingers.

Is anyone else bothered by the fact that Algona is talking about some guy pulling his little bugger with a tweezer? Probably everyone has heard the expression that size doesn't matter, but this is taking it to a new level.
/me signs lawintern1 up for some of those great email lists featuring NATURAL MALE ENHANCEMENT!

So, any big plans for the weekend?
Thank you, Erik.
/me signs lawintern1 up for some of those great email lists featuring NATURAL MALE ENHANCEMENT!

So, any big plans for the weekend?

Numerous and benevolent.
10 things you can't do just using an elbow

1. Touch it with the hand that is connected to the same arm.
2. Scratch your nose.
3. Put it in an ear.
4. Scratch your backside.
5. Use a keyboard successfully.
6. Play the guitar.
7. Brush your teeth.
8. Brush your hair.
9. Get little buggers out with tweezers.
10. Juggle three different coloured balls.

Conclusion

Apart from helping your arm bend, an elbow is a pretty useless part of the anatomy.
What about headlocks?
10 things you can't do just using an elbow
[snip reasons]
Conclusion

Apart from helping your arm bend, an elbow is a pretty useless part of the anatomy.

And how does that make it any different from a knee (substitute "foot" and "leg" as appropriate)
Oh, and the "List" thing up at the top will do the following things:
  • Format the list automatically.
  • Label entries automatically
  • Make lists easier to edit later.
  • Uhh... some other stuff, too...

And, is it just me, or does Bilskilner seem like a good nemesis name? It's just so easy to say in that low, angry tone (akin to Wurnstrom).
And how does that make it any different from a knee (substitute "foot" and "leg" as appropriate)
Oh, and the "List" thing up at the top will do the following things:
  • Format the list automatically.
  • Label entries automatically
  • Make lists easier to edit later.
  • Uhh... some other stuff, too...

And, is it just me, or does Bilskilner seem like a good nemesis name? It's just so easy to say in that low, angry tone (akin to Wurnstrom).

I don't know about foot, I'm sure there are some people who can get their big toe up their nose and into their ear and probably a lot of other useful stuff.
However in my defence I was thinking about elbows at the time.
  • Makes it look nicer.
  • Stops number 10 being 1 space further out than the rest
01000010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001
01101001 01110011
01110111 01101111 01101110 01100100 01100101 01110010 01100110 01110101 01101100 01110100 01101000 01101001 01101110 01100111
01000010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001
01101001 01110011
01110111 01101111 01101110 01100100 01100101 01110010 01100110 01110101 01101100 01110100 01101000 01101001 01101110 01100111

Show
Binary is a wonderful thing

Thanks, I was bored.
Show
Binary is a wonderful thing

That's kind of like those fun subtitled movies. The actor says like 30 words when all we see is 'I'm going to kill you know'. Never really understood that.
That's kind of like those fun subtitled movies. The actor says like 30 words when all we see is 'I'm going to kill you know'. Never really understood that.

Probably poor translation, but some languages have longer words and more complicated sentence structure. Finnish is one example.
Sign In to post comments