What do you want to talk about?

15314 posts / 0 new
Last post
Is there anything interesting happening that anybody wants to share or talk about?

Feel free to jump in feet first. There is no need to read the whole thread. Just post about what is on your mind and we can talk about the subject until something new comes up.

Also lets please try and keep things clean so that we do not violate the code of conduct. Thanks.

Astronomy Pictures
[post=18537540]#1[/post] [post=18537695]#2[/post] [post=18537913]#3[/post] [post=18537964]#4[/post] [post=18538402]#5[/post] [post=18538414]#6[/post] [post=18540493]#7[/post] [post=18540613]#8[/post] [post=18623257]#9[/post] [post=18623450]#10[/post] [post=18623560]#11[/post] [post=18625831]#12[/post] [post=18626146]#13[/post]

Resident Grouch and Corrupting Influence A Monster Appears I'm Black and Blue how 'bout you?

I ate a bunch of pizza and some cupcakes because someone I hardly know had a birthday...
I got my braces off.
Resident Piggles Zombie piggy is eatin' your sigs om nom nom (>*o*)>
MTG Card
Front: PigKnight, One Line Poster (3W) Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Vigilance When this creature dies, return him to play and transform him. (2/3) >(5/3)< Back: (Black)ZombiePiggles, Eater of Tomato Sauce Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Zombie Trample, Intimidate B: Regenerate this creature. When this creature is the target of a white spell, transform this creature. (5/3)

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/15.jpg)

I bet that makes pizza easier...
I ate a bunch of pizza and some cupcakes because someone I hardly know had a birthday...

Free food is always good. It is weir when you are invited to a celebration of someone you hardly know cuz the only thing you can ever comfortably do is eat all the yummy food. :D

Resident Grouch and Corrupting Influence A Monster Appears I'm Black and Blue how 'bout you?

Also I'm probably going to restart the edition war as soon as we iron out the kinks.
MTG Card
Front: PigKnight, One Line Poster (3W) Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Vigilance When this creature dies, return him to play and transform him. (2/3) >(5/3)< Back: (Black)ZombiePiggles, Eater of Tomato Sauce Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Zombie Trample, Intimidate B: Regenerate this creature. When this creature is the target of a white spell, transform this creature. (5/3)

Sounds cool.

Well, it was just someone in my curling group on one of the other teams, and they brought a bunch of food. You should have heard the whole room sing "Happy Birthday", it was terrible and atrocious.
They always are atrocious.

Good job DirtyFrank, I don't think we can do a (Controversial Statement) for a while now.
MTG Card

I just got a disturbing phone call tonight. My little brother just back from Iraq and with a baby only two weeks away called to tell me my mom wants to die.
She is diabetic and didn't keep good care of her blood sugar so her kidneys are failing. She got back from a long hospital stay three days ago.

She is supposed to be doing kidney dialysis but they make her sick and she is just giving up. This disturbs me because my mother is also Bipolar (Manic/Despressive Disorder for those unfamiliar with the term) and has a tendency to get depressed when she is sick.

To make matters worse my mother is a lesbian and I can't stand her lesbian lover so it is difficult for me to go home. They haven't called me in two weeks and haven't answered the phone when I call them. Their voicemail is full so I couldn't even leave a message.

No one even told me my mom was out of hospital until my brother called. I understand where my mother is coming from but nobody discussed it with till tonight and that just me off.

This is not a joke. I seriously want to know what you guys think.
Resident Quitter Those that say, "It cannot be done!" should not interupt those doing it-Somebody The guy in the middle. Night Janitor in the House of Trolls.
I just got a disturbing phone call tonight. My little brother just back from Iraq and with a baby only two weeks away called to tell me my mom wants to die.
She is diabetic and didn't keep good care of her blood sugar so her kidneys are failing. She got back from a long hospital stay three days ago.

She is supposed to be doing kidney dialysis but they make her sick and she is just giving up. This disturbs me because my mother is also Bipolar (Manic/Despressive Disorder for those unfamiliar with the term) and has a tendency to get depressed when she is sick.

To make matters worse my mother is a lesbian and I can't stand her lesbian lover so it is difficult for me to go home. They haven't called me in two weeks and haven't answered the phone when I call them. Their voicemail is full so I couldn't even leave a message.

No one even told me my mom was out of hospital until my brother called. I understand where my mother is coming from but nobody discussed it with till tonight and that just me off.

This is not a joke. I seriously want to know what you guys think.

I would leave a message with your bro expressing your love and support for her, her health, and her life in general. I don't know why you can't stand her SO, but it might be a good idea to try and find some common ground to at least civil with each other. Perhaps the fact that you both love her could be a good place to start. You don't have to be best buddies, but one of the nastier aspects of her illness is the delusions that convince her that it better for everyone around her if she isolates herself.

Is she off her meds? She maybe non-compliant and is creating a perfect storm of illness for herself.

Also, don't forget to take of yourself. You are trying to quit smoking and it would be easy to use this crsis as an excuse to start up again. DON'T. It is also really easy to try be a parent to her, nag her, etc. Ultimately she is responsible for her own health. These are her decisions and the only thing you might be able to point out is that the only way she can truly figure out if these feelings are authentic is to get all systems back on an even keel.

Do you live close? Show up with flowers or a special something that shows her her boy thinks the world of her. Little things mean a lot. When I was ill 10 years ago my son sent me this message.

I love you than video games
I love you more than candy
I love you more than GCN (Game Cube nintendo)
And that's a lot, mom!

Cheers me up to this day. i hope this helps
If you cant contact your mother or her SO other directly then you should try to stay in touch and in the know through your brother and other family. Your brother, or other family, may be able to open up communication. However, if your whole family starts to shun you then just let it be. There would be little point in trying to force yourself into the situation when they are trying to keep you out.

My mom's SO is like a second mother. She helped raised me since I was nine and I love her to death but we just don't get along. The last two times my mom was in the hospital I went down there. They are in St. Louis, MO and I live in Superior, WI so I don't live close. Nancy, my mom's significant other, was really upset by mom's constant illness. I tried to help but we just argued about everything.

My mom doesn't need that. I don't know how to feel. I can't stand my mom's family because of the way they have treated her since she came out of the closet. She, however, still seeks their approval. I'm afraid I won't be able to go to the funeral because I wouldn't be able to hold my tongue about the way I feel about her family.

This whole thing stinks to high heaven. I don't want to upset things down there but I'm not okay with my mom, who has always been a fighter and my protector. just giving up like this but she has given Nancy Power of Attorney so I can't even fight it.

Before I moved up here, about two and a half years ago, I lived real close and saw my mom when ever they needed. I went over on Sunday's to mow their lawn and eat dinner with them but when it was over I could go home if things would start to get rocky with Nancy.

Now however, if I go home I am down there for a predetermined amount of time and have nowhere else to go if something comes up between me and Nancy. My mom doesn't need to see me and Nancy constantly arguing. That would just give her more reason to be depressed.

I am kinda' between a rock and a hard place.
Resident Quitter Those that say, "It cannot be done!" should not interupt those doing it-Somebody The guy in the middle. Night Janitor in the House of Trolls.
Idolis

It sounds like a life lesson that you may need to learn is when to bite your tongue. It seems that it may be good for you to go visit your mother. It seems like it would be very important to both her and you if you do so. If you did visit you will need to work on keeping your mouth shut and opinions to yourself when you know there is nothing you can do. You may not agree with the decisions that your mom's SO is making but that doesn't mean that you need to speak up about it. It would be best for your mom if you didn't do such and to not argue with your mom's SO may help you get on better terms with her SO. You can try also supporting your mom's SO with her own decisions that she needs to make for I am sure that she is also going through a lot. If you help her out, with something you don't completely agree with, rather than complain, she may be more or less willing to listen to what you have to say. Visiting your mother may lead to a sticky situation but it also may lead to a chance for you to grow as a person.

My mom's SO is like a second mother. She helped raised me since I was nine and I love her to death but we just don't get along. The last two times my mom was in the hospital I went down there. They are in St. Louis, MO and I live in Superior, WI so I don't live close. Nancy, my mom's significant other, was really upset by mom's constant illness. I tried to help but we just argued about everything.

My mom doesn't need that. I don't know how to feel. I can't stand my mom's family because of the way they have treated her since she came out of the closet. She, however, still seeks their approval. I'm afraid I won't be able to go to the funeral because I wouldn't be able to hold my tongue about the way I feel about her family.

This whole thing stinks to high heaven. I don't want to upset things down there but I'm not okay with my mom, who has always been a fighter and my protector. just giving up like this but she has given Nancy Power of Attorney so I can't even fight it.

Before I moved up here, about two and a half years ago, I lived real close and saw my mom when ever they needed. I went over on Sunday's to mow their lawn and eat dinner with them but when it was over I could go home if things would start to get rocky with Nancy.

Now however, if I go home I am down there for a predetermined amount of time and have nowhere else to go if something comes up between me and Nancy. My mom doesn't need to see me and Nancy constantly arguing. That would just give her more reason to be depressed.

I am kinda' between a rock and a hard place.

Ican see that this is really hurting you. Your mom may want to die, but Nancy might not be going along with it.

When my mom went through her final illness, she made a decision that while I respected it and understood her logic, I was still uneasy about,because it effectivly ended her life. Her SO didn't like it, wanted to fight it, but we convinced him that while she was in her right mindit was her decision to make. She felt she was prolonging the death process and there was no reasonable expectation of recovery. She was right. Looking at it objectively, does your mom have a reasonable expectation of a good quality of life? Or will continued treatment just mean more pain, disability, and death anyway?

Rock and a hard place...that's an understatement.
Thank you both, Sheiel and Dirtyfrank.

I am a bit stubborn but the things I saw on my last two visits make me believe that neither of them are thinking clearly. I will know more soon because my brother is going home after his baby is born to check on things and he will let me know if the situation is as dire as my mom and Nancy seem to think it is.

I just needed to dump a little. Thanks for listening. Both of your guys' input has been helpful. I inherited my mother's bipolar so sometimes I don't think real clearly myself but I am on my meds and they help me stay on an even keel. I think in this situation I am the cooler head and I hope that my brother is able to convince them both of the consequences of this decision.

My grandfather, a real SOB (Long story and really personal so I won't get into it here), died the same way my mom will if she goes with this solution to her problem. The old man deserved that fate but my mom doesn't. I don't want to even think about my mom going through that. It is a really painful way to die because you basically drown in your own urine.

I think my brother agrees and my mom has always respected his oppinion over mine. I don't have a problem with this because my brother and I often think alike.

Thanks again for your advice.
Sorry to interrupt, what is SO? I've been looking through the posts and can't figure it out.
SO = Significant Other

And now you know. ;)

You know what I want to talk about? I'm serious. I have no idea. Tell me what I want to talk about, dammit!
Resident Prophet of the OTTer.

Section Six Soldier

Front Door of the House of Trolls

[b]If you're terribly afraid of your character dying, it may be best if you roleplayed something other than an adventurer.[/b]

Also I'm probably going to restart the edition war as soon as we iron out the kinks.

Restart? as in, at the beginning?

Wow, I'll get to join! Too complicated right now.
You know what I want to talk about? I'm serious. I have no idea. Tell me what I want to talk about, dammit!

ME?!?!?!

Alright, let's talk about you, dirtyfrank. What is your favorite movie, song, band, TV show, food, drink, alcoholic drink, actor, actress, book, animal, fantasy animal, tree, color, hot chick, hot dude, thread on the WotC forums, WotC forum member, holiday, vacation spot, sports team, childhood memory and other?

Section Six Soldier

[b]If you're terribly afraid of your character dying, it may be best if you roleplayed something other than an adventurer.[/b]

Had fun at work yesterday - helped a lady buy a present for her firends that are celbrating 50 years of marriage. She was so nice and she told a good story about her friends while I was filling out the order. life is good.
Alright, let's talk about you, dirtyfrank. What is your favorite movie, song, band, TV show, food, drink, alcoholic drink, actor, actress, book, animal, fantasy animal, tree, color, hot chick, hot dude, thread on the WotC forums, WotC forum member, holiday, vacation spot, sports team, childhood memory and other?

I know it wasn't directed at me, but I'm not above hijacking:

movie: Wizard of Oz

song: Bring Me to Life

band: Oasis

TV Show: Big Bang Theory

food: chocolate and raspberry any thing

drink: raspberry crystal light (it looks like blood )

Alcholic drink: Cherry coke w/ chocolate vodka

actor: Johnny Depp

actress: Judy Dench

Book: Lazy Man's guide to Enlightenment

animal: cat

fantasy animal: wild unicorn (not cutesy)

tree: star magnolia

color: dark pruple

hot chick: Wynona Rider

hot dude: Vin Deisel

thred on Wotc forum: undecided

Wotc forum member: Idolis

Holiday: Thanksgiving

Vacation Spot: Victoria, BC or Sakura-Con

Sports team: Packers

Childhood Memory: My dad, telling me fairy tales.

Other: I have the best little blended family.
read at your own risk
Alright, let's talk about you, dirtyfrank. What is your favorite movie,

I'll need to get back to you on this one.
song,

Lets to with "All Nightmare Long" for now.
band,

1st Led Zeppelin 2nd Metallica
TV show,

Shin Chan
food,

Pizza is always good
drink,

Most anything sweet
alcoholic drink,

I guess something with alcohol. Alcohol is alcohol so does it really matter?
actor,

I don't really have a favorite. An actor may be good in one move but crap in another so I don't really have a favorite or an actor loyalty. One that I do like is Will Smith.
actress,

One that can act and doesn't have a horse face. ;)
book,

I don't think I have a favorite but I do have a favorite series. I like most everything written by Raymond E. Feist
animal,

Cat
fantasy animal,

Polycorn ;) Dragons are quite cool especially the black ones.
tree,

Oak
color,

Green
sports team,

49ers

I know it wasn't directed at me, but I'm not above hijacking: snip ...

And I'm not above being entertained by the hijacking. :D

Section Six Soldier

Alcohol is alcohol so does it really matter?

No, it's not. You're drinkin' for the wrong reasons if you don't enjoy it. ;)

I guess I should answer my own questions. Maybe later. Unless I do it sooner, of course. If I do it at all. I probably will. But, will it matter? Some small part of me would like to believe that it will. The rest of me knows better, but is caring about that less and less. Expect to be less than wow-ed at some point in the near or distant future. The answers do not matter but they need to be let go. Freedom for answers everywhere about everything. Or most things. Some things, at least.

Section Six Soldier

Has anybody heard what happened to Lance Armstrong in my hometown of Sacramento?

No, it's not. You're drinkin' for the wrong reasons if you don't enjoy it. ;)

I guess I should answer my own questions. Maybe later. Unless I do it sooner, of course. If I do it at all. I probably will. But, will it matter? Some small part of me would like to believe that it will. The rest of me knows better, but is caring about that less and less. Expect to be less than wow-ed at some point in the near or distant future. The answers do not matter but they need to be let go. Freedom for answers everywhere about everything. Or most things. Some things, at least.

Man that was deep. Have you been reading Lazy Man's Guide to Elightenment?
Has anybody heard what happened to Lance Armstrong in my hometown of Sacramento?

I didn't. Do tell, oh dirtiest of franks.

Man that was deep. Have you been reading Lazy Man's Guide to Elightenment?

Deep? Nah. Inane random babble? Sort of. An odd combination of the two let go before it was allowed to fully develop - either due to time constraint or out of fear as to where that line of thought may lead its author? Probably. Unfortunately, in order to ascertain what truth there may be to any of that (or anything else I choose to explore), I would be forced to take an uncomfortably close look at the mind behind the thought. And I just can't have that. ;)

I just finished The Road, actually. Thanks to a tip from 1ton, I've gotten into Cormac McCarthy. The end of that work seems to have done something to my brain. I like it when that happens. There is one problem, though. I now doubt seriously my ability to even remotely approach something of that greatness in anything I endeavor to attempt. The words did their job and gave me the bleak feeling they were intended to. They just accomplished that in an additional - and I'm sure unanticipated - fashion. Yay for books. Yay for me.

Section Six Soldier

I didn't. Do tell, oh dirtiest of franks.

His bike, among with bikes of his fellow teammates, were stolen this weekend. When he found out that they were stolen he didn't even go to the police about it. He instead got onto twitter and twittered about it.

His bike, among with bikes of his fellow teammates, were stolen this weekend. When he found out that they were stolen he didn't even go to the police about it. He instead got onto twitter and twittered about it.

Ahh. I now recall hearing something about pilfered wheels. The twit twittered? I'm sure that got his bikes back.

Section Six Soldier

Ahh. I now recall hearing something about pilfered wheels. The twit twittered? I'm sure that got his bikes back.

He's convinced that because his bike is a one of a kind bike it will be near impossible for somebody to get rid of it. Man, how dense can he be?

He's convinced that because his bike is a one of a kind bike it will be near impossible for somebody to get rid of it. Man, how dense can he be?

Guess he's never heard of rare art thieves and the success they've had making one of a kind paintings vanish from existance. ;)

There's a buyer for everything. Even your soul.

Section Six Soldier

not for mine low resale value
Every soul is useful for something. Some collectors only collect the rarest or best. Others collect every example they can find. In either case, your soul holds value.

Section Six Soldier

Wow, just wow. I'm Sheihel's favorite poster in the OTT. Wow again. I don't know what to think. That really makes me smile. Thanks Sheihel. Most of the time, I'm just trying to be funny. Occasionally, I get serious but on those occasions I feel like a buzz kill.

Thanks again. You're pretty cool too Sheihel. I like coming here because it is a great place to be. I can laugh. I can share. It's just so cool.

Okay, I'm done gushing all over the place now.

No I'm not. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Okay, now I'm done.
Okay, I'm done gushing all over the place now.

If you're finished, howsabout cleanin' the place up? It's disgusting. And sticky.

Section Six Soldier

Just imagine it being kitty guts.
Hmm. That ain't so bad.

Section Six Soldier

The idiot company that contracts the company I work for to provide security has decided to cut back on security to cut costs. There will only be one shift, in the daytime.

...When there are people there anyway.
Color me flattered.

LIFE CYCLE OF A RULES THREAD

Show
Thank_Dog wrote:

2Chlorobutanal wrote:
I think that if you have to argue to convince others about the clarity of something, it's probably not as objectively clear as you think.

No, what it means is that some people just like to be obtuse.