Edge of map?

Well, this came up and I really had nothing for it. My opponent had an Amanan Scout and tried to use wall climber to move through my squad on the edge of the map. The edge of the map had no colors, so I tried explaining that a wall is only identified by magenta lines and since no lines no wall. I believe I am correct, but not 100%. My doubt is coming from never seeing this happen. Ever. So, what is the deal on map edges as walls?
boba52-sig.gif; Get Map Pack 3 Here; Get Map Pack 4 Here
No lines = No Walls.
Q1:
Hall of Judgement (yavin jedi temple) map has wall graphic on it's egdes somewhere, but only on the top and left side has magenta line's. I know generally lines are legal and graphic is ignored, but does this rule apply to this situation as well?
The designers surely wanted to make walls to the lower rooms too, but the line fall out of the map because the lines are generally drawed on the upper edge of a squere instead of on the grid.
So are there wall on the lower egde of the Hall of judgement map where wall graphic is drawn, or only magenta lines count as wall at every situation?

Q2:
Can I push someone out of the map where isn't wall on the egde?
I believe when you get pushed off the map you follow the rule regarding pits. Roll a save and if you fail then the character is defeated.
You may only use wallclimber if you are adjacent to a wall (magenta) line. The edge of a map does not count as a wall unless marked as such.

I believe when you get pushed off the map you follow the rule regarding pits. Roll a save and if you fail then the character is defeated.

This is not true. You only make a pit save if you are pushed into a pit square.
ok, so what happens if a mini is pushed out the edge of the map?

where does it end up?

where does it end up?

Kansas. Don't ask me why.

Just Kidding - a mini pushed into the edge treats is just like a wall, even if there is not a wall line ( the line comes into play if a character has Wall Climber, like NN said).
Ok so i've been playing it wrong. I always thought if the character left or was made to leave then that character was defeated. Hmm....
mini pushed into the edge treats is just like a wall, even if there is not a wall line ( the line comes into play if a character has Wall Climber, like NN said).

page reference?
page reference?

The wall statement is from NN above. The rest (no defeat if pushed off the map) is common sense because the book never says that it is even possible to leave the map.

where does it end up?

My thought is that Push requires you to move the character to a legal square for them to land. So therefore, you would never be able to legally push an opposing character off of the map. Unless you have some "summo" house rule in effect which forces a save as is done for pits. But for DCI events, I don't think moving a character off the edge of the map is ever possible.

Founding member of the Star Wars Adventure Writers Guild Organizer of the NorCal Star Wars Gaming League Avatar image by artist Steve Criado of Fandom Comics PST (GMT-8) Evening and Weekend Gamer VTT: Fantasy Grounds

What's a pit save?
If a character would be pushed into a pit, they instead stop at the edge and make a save (11, or 6 if the character has an ability letting them ignore pits while moving). If they fail the save, they are instantly defeated.
IMAGE(http://www.lusogamer.com/live/green/gamercard_gamerbar/EmporerDragon.png)
Ok. I thought they were automatically defeated. Thanks.
The wall statement is from NN above. The rest (no defeat if pushed off the map) is common sense because the book never says that it is even possible to leave the map.

The book also doesn't say it is not possible to leave the map. Per RAW, the situation is ambiguous.

I have played far more board games where going off the edge of the board constituted death (e.g. Robo Rally, made by the same company). Therefore, my common sense tells me that going off the edge of the map is instant death.

(In short, "common sense" is usually not sufficient to make a ruling).

Where's the pit save rule? I don't recall having seen it, but that is how my group plays, and I think it's a reasonable house rule in either case.
Where's the pit save rule? I don't recall having seen it, but that is how my group plays, and I think it's a reasonable house rule in either case.

It is under "push" in the Clone Wars rulebook glossary.
The book also doesn't say it is not possible to leave the map. Per RAW, the situation is ambiguous.

It's no more ambiguous than the situation where a player shapes his finger into a gun, points at your piece, and makes a blaster noise then removes the piece from the game. The rules don't say you can't do that, right?

Anyway, that's just a silly example of how exception bases rulesets work. They list what is possible, then give you exceptions to those base rules and everything else is not possible. Given that they tell you a figure can move from square to square but don't tell you that you can move into a non-square off the map, you can't. You will find that those games that moving off the map equals defeat will tell you that in the rules.
It's no more ambiguous than the situation where a player shapes his finger into a gun, points at your piece, and makes a blaster noise then removes the piece from the game. The rules don't say you can't do that, right?

Ah, right. My mistake.