Ultimate Booster! A New format I'm trying out

Yea, I've come up with a new format that might be quite fun.

Ultimate Booster:

RULES:

Your 100pt (or 150) must include 7 figures.

1 Rare (or VR)
2 Uncommon
4 Common

Faction Rules apply, and Fringe are thier own faction and do not combine with other factions.

Re-inforcements, reserves, etc, do not come into play. Your team must have 7 figures only.

I might also go a step further when I do the event again, and make it where you also have to include a HUGE in the team. Dunno.

What do you think? I know of the difficulty this will bringe in creating a 100pt battleforce comprised of those specific minis.
Come join me at Millennium Games in Rochester NY for some Star Wars Minis gaming! Games are every other Saturday. Look for the Battle for Naboo coming soon! COMING SOON: Star Wars Starships game: Death Star Trench Run New movemet rules 3D Map 30 Rebel ships Unlimited TIES 30 rounds of combat Can YOU destroy the Death Star in time?
I think its not. I'd personally play it where Faction rules do not apply so its more like an actual booster. Would be interesting to try sometime...
I think its not. I'd personally play it where Faction rules do not apply so its more like an actual booster. Would be interesting to try sometime...

I would worry about broken combinations if faction rules didn't apply. I like the idea about the huge as well.
Sure, I will bite:

R2-AM
Naboo Soldier
Commando Training Sergeant
Sev x 3
Clone Gunner
My LGS did this a while back. Our rules were the 1r/vr, 2 uc, 4 commons, normal faction rules, and you couldn't repeat a piece. I had Bacara as my rare, Boss and a Viper Droid as my UC, the other 3 RC as 3 of my 4 C. Don't remember the last common, but i think it was something with stealth.
Nice idea about not repeating figures. I'll have to place that into the rules for the next run of it.
Come join me at Millennium Games in Rochester NY for some Star Wars Minis gaming! Games are every other Saturday. Look for the Battle for Naboo coming soon! COMING SOON: Star Wars Starships game: Death Star Trench Run New movemet rules 3D Map 30 Rebel ships Unlimited TIES 30 rounds of combat Can YOU destroy the Death Star in time?
oops, read thread wrong!
One of the things we play every now and then at Game Master is Magnificent 7. It's 150-200, you have to have 7 minis in your squad, no more than 1 per faction. It can make for some interesting squads. So what you are suggesting is similar, although different construction rules. I'll run your idea by the guys this week and see if anyone wants to do this for a future gig.
Sign In to post comments