[ALTERNATE STANDARD] A6x's 2nd Annual Alt-Std Tourney

333 posts / 0 new
Last post
Welcome all to the second ever Alt-Standard tournament of the official WotC forums. Alternate Standard is the name of a new format where we take three blocks (or two blocks and a core set, like standard) and we build decks legal in those blocks! For example, Kami-Rav 9th or one that hasn't existed like Urza-Alara-8th!

The sets legal for this tournament will be:

Shadowmoor
Onslaught
Guildpact
Fifth Dawn
Apocalypse
Dissension
9th Edition

A few things you may need to know

1.) The format will be single-elim, and I will take the first 64 people that sign up/until we run out of players.
2.) Cards that were banned in their respective standards are also banned in alternate standard, and cards banned in Legacy are banned as well.
3.) Games will be played via Magic Workstation
4.) I'll post the bracket as soon as we get 64 people/we run out of players, and you will have a week to finish your matches. If I don't have a winner within that time, I'll choose one by coinflip.
5.) The winner will get to choose the format for the next tournament, are enshrined in the Alt-Standard winner's club, and they will get a bye at each subsequent tournament.

So you have about a week to prepare your decks, brush up on your Magic History and find new card combinations, synergies and decks that have never existed before on a competitive level. Good luck!

Players

1. avenged_sixfold
2. bughferd
3. slimslamer
4. evilweevil666
5. lain2k4
6. Theiz
7. Sisomic
8. Cyklown
9. hereforthehellit
10. Rockenroll4life
11. Greg_the_Egg
12. Enigmata
13. DeathElement
14. Mkmkmk
15. zero92835
16. VeJi
17. Knighty
18. IthlanorStPete
19. Right_Seid
20. TheHouseJackBuilt
21. iamajellydonut
22. Dyron, Shivan Master
23. Every_Day
24. Glux
25. Beanman1000
26. The_Texas_Jackass
27. jonlumb
28. AlienFinger79
29. eightball1023
30. UniversalSnip
31. silasw
32. AllMe
33. shotgunpriest
34. Iamsparticus05
35. LegendofLink
36. Mystic83
37. Sharlike
38. Oriflare
39. evilone194
40. Lylac
41. Craven_Harbinger

Bracket- Bear with me, I know it's hard to read

If you have trouble seeing who you play, just ask:
IMAGE(http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g52/walkertrull/1stround.jpg?t=1239731398)

Alt-Standard Winner's Club

1.) Every_Day won the INV-RAV-TSP format with his Niv-Mizzet Teachings combo deck. (16 players)
So, you're using 6 total sets rather than 2 blocks, plus 9th, then? Cause if we had Rav block plus Shadowmoore block we could have a ton of fun. A ludicrous amount, to be preceise.
76783093 wrote:
Luckily, we have stop-having-fun guys to remind us that having anything more than 60 cards in your deck is tantamount to being a rapist and anyone considering it should be strung up by their ****.
in
And it's said that youth's ,well only tragedy Is being unoriginal
89522235 wrote:
niche's solution to everything is always MOAR BLACK! "ok, my legacy mono black control deck is getting hated out by light of day..." "MOAR BLACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
I would like to join this.

Her'es a question though, how are we going to possibly be able to test out our decks before the touny begins, or are we not supposed to test them out?
Lol, avenged confident that you can get 64 :P?? Anyway, I'm in, obviously.
Lol, avenged confident that you can get 64 :P?? Anyway, I'm in, obviously.

If not, then when we will just operate with byes and such.
Im in, and online now if anyone wants to test
/IN
But you were deceived.
/IN

Yeah, 64 is way too much. I'm not even sure you are going to fill 32.
/IN

Yeah, 64 is way too much. I'm not even sure you are going to fill 32.

IIRC I had about forty players interested for the last one.
im in.
I'm in. ^_^
Well, it'd be even more absoforeakinglutely rediculous with Eventide, but... it still looks like there's an engine or two that could be tremendous fun.

Tentatively In.

Being able to play at a time that works for others may be a bit dodgy, but with VeJi's thing ending I should be able to handle it. This could be fun.
76783093 wrote:
Luckily, we have stop-having-fun guys to remind us that having anything more than 60 cards in your deck is tantamount to being a rapist and anyone considering it should be strung up by their ****.
Second Annual? I know the last match took awhile to happen, but I didn't realize it took that long.

In, obviously.
Umm, so I don't really frequent these forums any more, but I do blog for my website Greatplay.net.
I already have such an awesome idea for an engine in this deck, 9th > 10th by far!

Also, rav> everything!
in
57860688 wrote:
121183109 wrote:
57074928 wrote:
So when UR Delver came out to win a GP, did Christian Calcano email/call you and thank you personally, or was there just a mutual understanding?
Legitimately laughed at this...haha
No kidding. +1 internets for a hidden gem in the standard deck help.
Count me in.
Sign me up.
Edit Again: I can join again, I built my deck already
I'll join if room is available.
If there is room I am totally in
In.
It's 64 people. That's a lot of room.
Umm, so I don't really frequent these forums any more, but I do blog for my website Greatplay.net.
In
/in
I'll play. Avenged, you sould mention the people who get second in the OP
Raaawr!
lel♯ jenk♯ ∞

I'm the world's leading astrophysicist. You can trust me, because I said I was.
92827575 wrote:
57092228 wrote:
What's wrong with my formating?
you make paragraphs shorter than the page width
58280978 wrote:
Names that sam said were "the evil ones":
iamajellydonut glwiley kreewlin and every WizO
Raaawr!

By the way, in reference to my league, I'm officially calling you I=Jelly Donut!
I think my deck is really good, but I'm not sure.
In obv.

Edit: I'll play some with you if you want avenged, pm me.
I have what i think is a superb deck, but obviously i dont want everyone to know about it. So, any UK-time people want to team up with me for testing for this?
Possibly in.
In!
Photobucket Team GFG - Glux's Fine Gents
In.
In.
I have what i think is a superb deck, but obviously i dont want everyone to know about it. So, any UK-time people want to team up with me for testing for this?

I'm in the UK, will more than happily test with you.

Need to think what to play mind ;)
/in
How long does this tournament last? I'm home on easter vacation where the internet connection allows for Magic Worksation, but that bliss only lasts till tuesday the 14.

If I can still compete, I'm soo in.
Photobucket Banner by zpikduM - typo also by zpikduM. =) Skide Fuld - Problem of Evil by frontsession Currently playing Standard: TurboJund Legacy: Zoo Block: Hahaha, good one! 1000th post on August 28, 2009 at 6:08PM
I want to join.
In.
Was any cards from these sets banned in their respective Standards?
Photobucket Banner by zpikduM - typo also by zpikduM. =) Skide Fuld - Problem of Evil by frontsession Currently playing Standard: TurboJund Legacy: Zoo Block: Hahaha, good one! 1000th post on August 28, 2009 at 6:08PM
Sign In to post comments