VeJi DaY LEAGUE. sinimin, Greg_the_Egg, Knighty, Cyklown: 2 more days!!!

1184 posts / 0 new
Last post

IMAGE(http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp228/VeJiDaY/VEJITITLE.jpg)

Hello! I am VeJi, and this is my league: VeJi DaY LEAGUE!!! It is comprised of 16 participants who will play 8 league games against one another until we get the final standings. These standings will determine who makes the LEAGUE PLAYOFFS! The winner of the playoff wins the Championship Prize!!!

Update to all: The prize has been announced! The winner of the League will get their name engraved onto the VeJi League Official Trophy! Who will be immortalized as the inaugural champion? Only time will tell!!!

Additionally: The schedule will now be posted on Saturdays, with that also being the due date the following week.

IMAGE(http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp228/VeJiDaY/Divider.jpg)

How do I join?

Show
Submit your interest here, and I'll hand-pick 16 of the best participants!

Why would I want to join?
Show
If you want to have fun, play some games, meet some new people, and have your shot at the CHAMPIONSHIP PRIZE, then you'll want to get in on this!

How will I know who I play?
Show
I will post the schedule every week at a soon-to-be-designated location.

How long will this last?
Show
Each game will be given a week to complete, so the regular season should last exactly 8 weeks. Following that, I'd ponder to say the playoffs could last anywhere from 3 days to 3 weeks, depending on a few circumstances.

What format will this be?
Show
Type II, otherwise known as Standard.

How will we be playing the games?
Show
If you don't know, don't join.

What else should I know?
Show
You will play one match every week. A match consists of best 2 out of 3 games. If you tie a match, like 1-1-1 (1 win, 1 loss, 1 tie), then it is a tie and will count in the standings as a tie. Having a tie instead of a loss will give you an advantage when it comes to the final standings. As soon as we get our 16 participants, I will upload the standings diagram, and we shall begin!!!

Schedule Rules:
Show
Each person will be scheduled for one League game every Saturday.

They will have until the next Saturday to announce the result here (with either a log, or opponent confirmation.)

If the above is not met, I will PM the players to see what the hold up is.

If nothing is resolved, each player receives a tie.

Otherwise, one will receive a win, and one a loss.

Think of a win as 3 points, a tie 1 point, and a loss as 0 points.

Standings Rules:
Show
Each person will play 8 League games.

Every week, I will choose an opponent for each player following these rules:

Each player will be playing against:

A) Each player in their division at least once(5 matches).
B) One or Two random opponents in the other division within their conference (1 or 2 matches).
C) One or Two random opponents from the other conference (1 or 2 matches).

I will be choosing each player's opponents each week, and listing it in the schedule.

To make the playoffs, you must either:

A) Win your division (2 players from each conference).
B) Have at least the 2nd best record among those that did not win their division (2 players from each conference).

In the case of a tie, tiebreakers will be applied in this order:

Head-to-Head meeting, Division Record, Conference Record, OMW%.

The 4 players from each conference that make the playoffs will be seeded according to these rules. Division winners have priority over non-division winners, even if the non-division winner (or Wild Card winner) had a better record.

The 4 players in each conference will play single-elimination style until we get 1 player from each conference. These 2 players will play for the championship!!!

Subs That Have Occured:
Show

Greg_the_Egg -> Lightning_Link7

Cyrus_Bales -> aggroseph -> Greg_the_Egg

kedi -> iamajellydonut -> Mkmkmk

Schedule:

Show

Season is done! Team Nice Guys is victorious!!!

Regular Season Results:
Show
Week 1 Results

kedi (0-0-0) Knighty

CageOfPanacakes (2-0-0) carthwolf

sisomic (0-2-0) VeJi

neruka (2-1-0) Right_Seid

evilweevil666 (2-1-0) Greg_the_Egg

Cyklown (2-1-0) Cyrus_Bales

rockenroll4life (0-2-0) sinimin

avenged_sixfold (2-0-0) Beanman1000

Week 2 Results

CageOfPanacakes (1-2-0) sinimin

VeJi (2-1-0) evilweevil666

Knighty (2-1-0) sisomic

neruka (2-0-0) Lightning_Link7

Cyklown (2-1-0) Beanman1000

rockenroll4life (1-2-0) Right_Seid

avenged_sixfold (2-0-0) Cyrus_Bales

iamajellydonut (0-2-0) carthwolf

Week 3 Results

avenged_sixfold (1-2-0) Right_Seid

VeJi (1-2-0) CageOfPanacakes

Cyklown (2-0-0) Lightning_Link7

Mkmkmk (2-0-0) sisomic

neruka (1-2-0) Beanman1000

Knighty (0-2-0) carthwolf

aggroseph (1-2-0) rockenroll4life

sinimin (0-0-0) evilweevil666

Week 4 Results

VeJi (2-1-0) sinimin

avenged_sixfold (2-1-0) rockenroll4life

Right_Seid (2-0-0) Lightning_Link7

neruka (0-2-0) Cyklown

Beanman1000 (2-0-0) Knighty

sisomic (1-2-0) carthwolf

evilweevil666 (2-1-0) CageOfPanacakes

Mkmkmk (0-0-0) aggroseph

Week 5 Results

evilweevil666 (1-2-0) Mkmkmk

avenged_sixfold (2-1-0) carthwolf

Beanman1000 (0-2-0) Lightning_Link7

neruka (2-1-0) sisomic

sinimin (0-2-0) Knighty

CageOfPanacakes (2-1-0) rockenroll4life

Right_Seid (2-0-0) Greg_the_Egg

VeJi (2-1-0) Cyklown

Week 6 Results

Right_Seid (0-2-0) rockenroll4life

VeJi (0-2-0) evilweevil666

avenged_sixfold (2-1-0) Greg_the_Egg

neruka (0-2-0) Lightning_Link7

CageOfPanacakes (1-2-0) sinimin

carthwolf (1-2-0) Mkmkmk

Knighty (0-0-0) sisomic

Cyklown (0-0-0) Beanman1000

Week 7 Results

VeJi (2-1-0) Mkmkmk

rockenroll4life (2-0-0) Beanman1000

CageOfPanacakes (0-2-0) Right_Seid

Lightning_Link7 (2-0-0) sisomic

neruka (1-1-1) carthwolf

avenged_sixfold (1-2-0) evilweevil666

sinimin (2-0-0) Cyklown

Knighty (0-0-0) Greg_the_Egg

Week 8 Results

avenged_sixfold (2-0-0) rockenroll4life

evilweevil666 (0-2-0) sinimin

VeJi (2-1-0) CageOfPanacakes

carthwolf (2-0-0) Knighty

Mkmkmk (2-0-0) sisomic

Right_Seid (0-0-0) Greg_the_Egg

Cyklown (0-0-0) Lightning_Link7

neruka (0-0-0) Beanman1000

Playoff Positions:
Show

Playoff Positions
-----------------

Enix:

1. VeJi - 18 Points
2. Mkmkmk - 14 Points
3. sinimin - 16 Points
4. carthwolf - 13 Points
---------------------
5. evilweevil666 - 13 Points
6. Knighty - 9 Points
7. CageOfPanacakes - 9 Points
8. sisomic - 1 Point

Square:

1. avenged_sixfold - 18 Points
2. Cyklown - 14 Points
3. Right_Seid - 16 Points
4. neruka - 11 Points
---------------------
5. Lightning_Link7 - 10 Points
6. rockenroll4life- 9 Points
7. Beanman1000 - 8 Points
8. Greg_the_Egg - 3 Points

Enix Stats:

Square Stats:

Enix Playoff Bracket:

Square Playoff Bracket:

Raccoon:

Pumpkbunny:

GRAND PRIZE:

GOOD LUCK!!!
ENIX CONFERENCE:

EVERMORE DIVISION:

GAIA DIVISION:

SQUARE CONFERENCE:

HYRULE DIVISION:

BELOME DIVISION:
I assume Conflux is acceptable.
Umm, so I don't really frequent these forums any more, but I do blog for my website Greatplay.net.
I'm up for it. I wondered what happened to your last one...was that the one that got locked because of mention of ?

EDIT: In the beginning of the OP it says you're picking from the entries, but then in the bottom sblock it suggests that it's getting up as soon as we get 16. What's going down? Also, if you're picking, how are the people being picked? For example, I'm not as famous as people like greg or kedi (not to boost they're ego's), but people that I talk to and play with no that I'm worthy (also not trying to buy my way in, just showing an example). I frequent the standard forums, so I have a decent chance, but I feel sorry for talented players who just don't frequent here.
NO ONE EXPECTS THE QUAGSIRE INSURRECTION! My SUPER AWESOME GregtheEgg lightning bolt: http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm284/fengairen2/Scan.png pmppostchandraversion.png
Hmmm, possibly, You'll need to post a link to the Conflux patch once the spoiled version is released....
Website for my radio series: http://www.cyrusbalesfilms.co.uk/id2.html For the facebook group of my radio series, search for "Who will save us now?" Please join! Follow my regular articles on: http://www.manaleak.com/mtguk/
The following is me simply autocarding Chameleon Colossus:

[b]Chameleon Colossus[/b]
Umm, so I don't really frequent these forums any more, but I do blog for my website Greatplay.net.
Yeah, I guess I'll join up.
The following is me simply autocarding Chameleon Colossus:

[b]Chameleon Colossus[/b]

I actually clicked on the "Real" one first, so it confused me for a second. Then I dragged my mouse over the other one...
NO ONE EXPECTS THE QUAGSIRE INSURRECTION! My SUPER AWESOME GregtheEgg lightning bolt: http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm284/fengairen2/Scan.png pmppostchandraversion.png
Submitting my interest here
I'm a sucker for this sort of thing. Count me in.

I'll have to put some serious thought into what deck to bring now that I'm less hooked on Fae. What an exciting proposition.
76783093 wrote:
Luckily, we have stop-having-fun guys to remind us that having anything more than 60 cards in your deck is tantamount to being a rapist and anyone considering it should be strung up by their ****.
I've answered some questions in POST 2.
Because I live in England, is this gonna make my games impossible?
Website for my radio series: http://www.cyrusbalesfilms.co.uk/id2.html For the facebook group of my radio series, search for "Who will save us now?" Please join! Follow my regular articles on: http://www.manaleak.com/mtguk/
Because I live in England, is this gonna make my games impossible?

Do you sleep?
76783093 wrote:
Luckily, we have stop-having-fun guys to remind us that having anything more than 60 cards in your deck is tantamount to being a rapist and anyone considering it should be strung up by their ****.
I'll join!
Is the prize a pizza party for VeJi and the winners?
Hey, can I in join?
NO LOTUS MUTHA ****IN' SHOPS BURN'T DOWN THE MUTHA ****IN' GENCON
I'll join.
Is the prize a pizza party for VeJi and the winners?

A Pajama Party, actually.
76783093 wrote:
I'll join I guess.
But you were deceived.
Hey, obviously I'm not signing up, because in your rules you say that if you don't know the medium that this tournament is taking place in, don't join. But just for future reference, what is the medium?
Hey, obviously I'm not signing up, because in your rules you say that if you don't know the medium that this tournament is taking place in, don't join. But just for future reference, what is the medium?

Pm'ed
But just for future reference, what is the medium?

It may or may not rhyme with Tragic Lurk Nation.
I'll join.
I'll try out.
I'll join.
Come check out my friend's youtube channel where he gives bad movies what's coming to them!
You Make the Card
Best Contest Holder 2010 YMtC Idol 9 4th Place
Mafia History
Friendliest Player 2010 Werewolves Invade YMtC!: Town-aligned Rotworm Mass, Survived, Mafia Victory Heroes Mafia: Angela Petrelli, Town-Aligned Undercover Revengeful Mother, Win for Me, Mafia Victory Super Smash Bros. Mafia: Town-Aligned Mason, Survived, Town Victory Bear Mafia: Town-Aligned Vanilla, Lynched Day 1, Mafia Victory YMtC Mafia II: Henry-Stern, Town-Aligned Vanilla, Town Victory, Town MVP Time Fracture Mafia: Mafia-Aligned Nero, the Last Romulan, Lynched Day 3, Borg Victory Touhou Mafia III: Tenshi Hinani, Town-Aligned Vanilla, Survived, Mafia Victory, Town MVP Mafia 2010: Lynched Day 1, Town-Aligned Vanilla, Mafia Victory Dragonball Z Mafia: Goku, Town-Aligned Charismatic Townie, Mafia Victory Quarantined Mafia: Lynched Day 4, J. Walter Weatherman, Infected-Aligned Administrative Assistant, Mr. T (so basically mafia) Victory Glass Box Mafia: Killed Night 2, Icthys, Town-Aligned Networker, Town Victory Battle Royale Mafia: Killed Night 3, Zipperflesh and Dark Stryke Victory Scars of Mirrodin Mafia: Killed Night 3, Town-Aligned Charismatic, Mafia Victory Portal Mafia: Lynched Day 3, Test Subject #2, Mafia-Aligned Rolestopper, Town Victory (that was utter BS) Toxic Waste Mafia: Survived, Violet, Hive (Cult)-Aligned Powerless Taskmaster, Hive Victory PK Hatez You Mafia: Survived, Town-Aligned Goth, Mafia Victory Dreven City: A Wild West Mafia: Town-Aligned "Los Angeles" Reed, One-Shot Vig, Survived, Town Victory (just barely, major props to Just a Cleric) YMtC Mafia III: Killed Night 2, Mafia Victory Vampire Mafia: Mafia-Aligned Pander, Mafia Victory Touhou Border Collapse: Bill Cosby, Town-Aligned, Killed Night 1, Mafia Victory Harry Potter Mafia: Argus Filch, Town-Aligned Tracker, Lynched Day 5, Mafia Victory [Basic #5] Bandit Mafia: Town-Aligned Vanilla, Survived, Mafia Victory Borderlands Mafia: Town-Aligned Mason, Killed Night 1, Town Victory eBay Mafia: Mafia-Aligned, Survived, Mafia Victory Full Metal Alchemist Mafia: Alphonse Elric, Town-Aligned Mason, Killed Night 1, Town Victory Sunflowers for Ragnarokio: Lynched Day 3, Town/Just a Cleric/Tevish Szat/Faux-Razor Victory True Blood Mafia: Lynched Day 4, Mafia Victory My Mafia Diary: Skyhunter, Mafia-Aligned Emo, Survived, Flawless Mafia Victory Paper Mario Mafia: Blue Goomba, Town-Aligned Lover, Killed Night 2, Mafia Victory Small Town Mafia: Pigsticker Mafia-Aligned Coward, Killed Night 2, Caveman Mafia and Zipperflesh Victory Stuff on my Desk Mafia: Lotus Cobra, Town-Aligned Vanilla, Survived, Mafia Victory Order of the Chaos Rose Mafia: Lord Dagol Ji'Lovik, Town-Aligned Hypnotist, Mafia Victory, Town MVP Camp Crystal Lake Mafia: Ongoing A Certain Magical Mafia: Killed Night 1, Town-Aligned The Siege of Balignor Mafia: Ongoing, Killed Day 4 Mafia of Ancient Egypt: Replaced in for Murica day 2, Ra, Town-Aligned Charismatic, Town Victory, Town MVP Lord of the Rings Mafia: Replaced in for Dr Demento, Town-Aligned Mason/One-Shot Self-Doc, Town Victory, Town MVP Internet Stars Mafia: Town-Aligned Vanilla, Mafia Victory Mythos Mafia: Ongoing
It may or may not rhyme with Tragic Lurk Nation.

Well played. Well played.

I now understand. So, I'll sign myself up. Cool.

EDIT: You say one of the variables you are using to choose participants is creativity of the deck. So, does that mean we should post our decks? How will you know if the deck is creative without us posting it?
Double post, ignore. Sorry...
In!

I don't know about 1 game per week though. That seems too long. People might lose interest after the first week or so.
Yea, sure. I'm in.
lel♯ jenk♯ ∞

I'm the world's leading astrophysicist. You can trust me, because I said I was.
92827575 wrote:
57092228 wrote:
What's wrong with my formating?
you make paragraphs shorter than the page width
58280978 wrote:
Names that sam said were "the evil ones":
iamajellydonut glwiley kreewlin and every WizO
Out of curiosity, what's the Championship Prize? Or is it secret?
if there is still room.
count me in
Josh "war" Monks. Team Jace, Seattle
I'm choosing competitors based on my knowledge of them in the past. I'm hoping the 16 I take can at least make it through the tournament without quitting. I will set up substitutes for those that don't make it to take a drop-outs place (retaining their record).

The prize is TBA.
i'm in.
Photobucket Team GFG - Glux's Fine Gents
If you'll have me I'll join as the darkhorse. I just started at the forums, but deck building is my favorite thing to do, so if nothing else you will see some interesting decks. Let me know.
To answer some questions, basically, we are in a lull of collecting submissions right now. I will sort through and select, to the best of my ability, 16 of the best people here, when we get a good amount in.
This looks vaguely exciting.

I'm always up for some excitement.
This looks vaguely exciting.

I'm always up for some excitement.

That's why I am doing it. I know there are people here that love competition as much as I. I am preparing a nice prize as we speak.
I don't have any high expections for the prize whatsoever
I don't have any high expections for the prize whatsoever

You know me well.

But I am capable of the impossible.

But maybe not this time.

But maybe.
You know me well.

But I am capable of the impossible.

But maybe not this time.

But maybe.

It's ok.

I'm sure we're all here primarily for the invaluable experience. !!!
It's ok.

I'm sure we're all here primarily for the invaluable experience. !!!

Are you interested? I wasn't sure in your post.