???

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
Is it true that one can use any printing of a card in a standard tournament as long as it was reprinted in a standard set? For example, a Nineth Edition Spellbook.
Correct.
The only exception is cards from Alpha.

Those cards have differently cut corners than all later sets, and as such can cause problems when used.

The good news however is that the number of cards from way back then that are currently legal in T2 is somewhere in the single digits (or thereabouts).

It's unlikely you'll encounter cards that old, but it's something that does bear mentioning.
it also has to be printed with the regular tournament legal card backing. there are some reprinted cards from various collector's edition sets that have a gold border on the back of the card, instead of the black border. these are not tournament legal.

alpha cards are fine for tournaments as long as they are sleeved. and if you are playing with alpha cards, its a decent assumption that you are playing with sleeves.

but to answer in the simplest way possible: yes, you can play with older versions of current Standard cards
it also has to be printed with the regular tournament legal card backing. there are some reprinted cards from various collector's edition sets that have a gold border on the back of the card, instead of the black border. these are not tournament legal.

White-bordered cards are okay too, and silver-bordered cards are not tournament-legal.
What about card from duel decks? Are they all legal or only the ones that are in standard sets?
What about card from duel decks? Are they all legal or only the ones that are in standard sets?

They're legal as long as they're in standard - for example Siege-Gang Commander is legal because its' also in 10th. Ambush Commander however, is not.

If you really need a list though, there's always the Gatherer Search Engine.

Toodles
You answered the question I was going to ask, so thank you.
As long as it isnt this
NO LOTUS MUTHA ****IN' SHOPS BURN'T DOWN THE MUTHA ****IN' GENCON
As long as it isnt this

You did not just go there.
Current decks: Type II: B/R Vampires Extended: Modern: U/G Scapeshift 1.5: Ichorid, Elf Combo
As long as it isnt this

Who wants to make a thread dedicated to breaking chimney imp? Unless it has already been done.
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
Yes.

My Karplusan Forests are totally 9th edition.