VeJi DaY deck help: I need the BEST.

354 posts / 0 new
Last post
I am developing a deck to defeat most popular decks and almost all weird decks that can come about on a consistent basis. It is never before seen, and it has been under construction for some time now. All the secrets to it have been discovered on my own, I have not seen this idea implemented. I am creating it for one purpose: States. So I am keeping it under wraps until then. I am asking for someone to help me fine tune it. Message me or write in the thread, and I will choose the best to help me. Here's the brief stats for the deck:

Destroys Faeries, its absolute favorite matchup.
Destroys Quick 'n Toast, a very nice matchup.
Loves Red, but not easy.

Most other decks have very little testing for VeJi DaY, so that's where my lab testing partner will come in.

Creativity is key. Being creative leads to mind-boggling discoveries. Being a great player can lead to proper structure.

The best one chosen will have access to a very nice deck for their States, with no knowledge of the deck available to any opponent, giving it some extra percentage points for winning, if they so choose to play it. I may call upon multiple people, but I am asking for trustworthiness, for I am myself very trustworthy, so I ask the same from my testing companions. Thank you very much.

- VeJi
*holds up a "Trolling Ahead" sign*

Not interested. Good luck though.
Need moar credibility
I have NO credibility at all. NONE. I don't need any to be creative and be a great player. And proof is not a necessity, for there is no risk involved. The only thing that can happen is you will have knowledge of a new deck that perhaps could win you States because it doesn't exist, and even with knowledge of it it may still be > 50% against most decks.
You don't need credibility to be creative and be a great player, true.

You need at least some credibility or some proofs if you want people, especially those "Best" you need, to take you seriously.

That said, there is no risk involved indeed. For all I know you could be right and win states and I'm missing on a big opportunity. If so, well good luck to you
You don't need credibility to be creative and be a great player, true.

You need at least some credibility or some proofs if you want people, especially those "Best" you need, to take you seriously.

That said, there is no risk involved indeed. For all I know you could be right and win states and I'm missing on a big opportunity. If so, well good luck to you

Please don't use my nice guy strategies to defeat me and my purpose, which is:

A) Fully develop deck in time for States
B) Help someone or multiple people have success at their States

Have an enjoyable evening.
Message the deck.
Sarnath'd version:I'm inclined to heavily disagree with you on the awesomeness of this tech, but I'll reserve those feelings for the time being. My citation to this is how often you claimed to have switched decks in the Uncon tourney (which is something I hated, but was fair game). Either you were doing heavy pruning on one deck after just one match, switching decks to a perceived match, or yanking everyone's chain. I'm hoping for the neither the former nor the intermediate.

I'm not at all badgering you to find out the "super secret tech", for that part of it is of no interest to me at this time. I'm just trying to figure out how you can claim to be a great player and a great designer yet have no credibility. There may be no risk except for free time, but with an unknown reward which could be close to none (I'm inclined to believe it not the case, but I can't wholeheartedly take either side) it's not something I care to take on.

.... I'm talking in circles so I'll end it the same way I ended my last post here: Good luck and have fun!

The side of me that is interested in helping people: If this arrogant blabber hasn't scared away the boogeyman and you are still considering this side of me (the insomniac who got off of an 15 hour shift), you can ask anyone on the team I'm on if I'm decent. My posts are as open as the Midwest and I can always give pointers even if I don't see what it is. I'll let you know I'm dead-set on the deck I'm piloting for States, but I'm definitely not above helping a fellow player.... g'night. My account doesn't log off so... yeah...
Sarnath'd version:I'm inclined to heavily disagree with you on the awesomeness of this tech, but I'll reserve those feelings for the time being. My citation to this is how often you claimed to have switched decks in the Uncon tourney (which is something I hated, but was fair game). Either you were doing heavy pruning on one deck after just one match, switching decks to a perceived match, or yanking everyone's chain. I'm hoping for the neither the former nor the intermediate.

I'm not at all badgering you to find out the "super secret tech", for that part of it is of no interest to me at this time. I'm just trying to figure out how you can claim to be a great player and a great designer yet have no credibility. There may be no risk except for free time, but with an unknown reward which could be close to none (I'm inclined to believe it not the case, but I can't wholeheartedly take either side) it's not something I care to take on.

.... I'm talking in circles so I'll end it the same way I ended my last post here: Good luck and have fun!

The side of me that is interested in helping people: If this arrogant blabber hasn't scared away the boogeyman and you are still considering this side of me (the insomniac who got off of an 15 hour shift), you can ask anyone on the team I'm on if I'm decent. My posts are as open as the Midwest and I can always give pointers even if I don't see what it is. I'll let you know I'm dead-set on the deck I'm piloting for States, but I'm definitely not above helping a fellow player.... g'night. My account doesn't log off so... yeah...

I appreciate your post. I was building unrefined decks for the tournament for the purpose of testing. I know that people in the tournament will use good decks and play well, so I can get good practice in. My sideboards were messy, and so too was my manabases. I had great competition, but I myself didn't have one refined deck to play with, and obviously luck can change a lot. What that means was sometimes I got a little unlucky, but then again, I would have had to of gotten pretty lucky to win the thing. That's was raw builds will do. And little testing because of lack of competition. That's why I'm recruiting for someone that can help the deck and themselves.

I want someone who likes creativity.

Enjoy your well deserved rest.
Message the deck.

I will be doing this to the one I choose. I'm not making this a competition or anything, I just have no other way to find the best. In order to retain the deck's secret, I have to abstain from telling anyone other than my testing partner.
i would be happy help you, what would u use to test?
I would love to help test this deck. PM it to me if you wouldn't mind. I'm amazingly capable of using MWS, so if thats what you use, awesome. And I can test irl, I have many a card.
Don't doubt VeJi, guys, he is a genius. He helped me make ~$200 hustling with a flickerwisp deck.

I advise that you don't choose anyone as your partner, because the people here are either untrustworthy or bad. Plus, winning a lot on mws could leak your ideas.
I have to agree with El Pato about this being a fairly bad idea.

If you're going to let people "in on the secret" to help test your deck, it should be people you know. Not people you don't know.

People you don't know are under no obligation to help you after seeing the deck, they're not even under any obligation (besides a moral one) not to turn around and post the deck up in the forums.

I would say "pm me a decklist", but only because I'm curious... I don't really think you should pm decklists to anyone. And there's no promises I could help you testing anyway: If I didn't think the deck had potential I'd be out, and if I needed to spend too much money to build it I'd be out too.

You can pm me the decklist if you want. If it looks viable for me I'll come on board.
lol this is kind of a side note but wouldnt it be funny if everyone brought an "anti-meta" deck to states and they had horrible mirrior matches thus giving the win to some rogue deck.
In b4 a second "Come Copy My Tier 1 Deck" thread.
Current decks: Type II: B/R Vampires Extended: Modern: U/G Scapeshift 1.5: Ichorid, Elf Combo
VeJi before UnCon:

Sign me up.

I will never lose.

We should have a vote for what deck I should play:

A) Lagniappe

B) G' Night

Both are unseen and tier 1, tier 1 being the BEST, not the most popular.

VeJi after UnCon:
I was building unrefined decks for the tournament for the purpose of testing. I know that people in the tournament will use good decks and play well, so I can get good practice in. My sideboards were messy, and so too was my manabases.

If you don't want to be treated like a troll, don't act like a troll.
I would be very interested in helping you fine tune your killer deck. I have been playing since torment and have a Constructed rating of 1803. I know my way around aggro quite well and have a good bit experience with control. If you say that this deck is able to beat toast and RDW i doubt that this is a combo deck so I will not even bother saying that I am good at combo. I know that there is no way that you can completely trust me but I will give you my word of honor (which is clearly not much on the internet or these forums) that if you would tell me your decklist, I would keep it to myself.

If you need help tuning a deck I will be glad to help. I love a good deck building challenge. The best I can give you is a promise that I will not reveal this deck to anyone, but I hope that is enough.
i would be happy help you, what would u use to test?

I'm not sure yet. Suggestions have been not to use MWS, which might be a good idea. I might just PM the decklist and my comrade and I can do individual testing and report ideas.
I would love to help test this deck. PM it to me if you wouldn't mind. I'm amazingly capable of using MWS, so if thats what you use, awesome. And I can test irl, I have many a card.

Consideration granted.
Don't doubt VeJi, guys, he is a genius. He helped me make ~$200 hustling with a flickerwisp deck.

I advise that you don't choose anyone as your partner, because the people here are either untrustworthy or bad. Plus, winning a lot on mws could leak your ideas.

I have read a lot of things on these forums, and I'd hate to agree, but yes, a lot of players aren't yet as good as I would need for my testing. And I am afraid that a leak could happen. If it did, it wouldn't be the end of the world, which is why I can trust someone with this info.
I have to agree with El Pato about this being a fairly bad idea.

If you're going to let people "in on the secret" to help test your deck, it should be people you know. Not people you don't know.

People you don't know are under no obligation to help you after seeing the deck, they're not even under any obligation (besides a moral one) not to turn around and post the deck up in the forums.

I would say "pm me a decklist", but only because I'm curious... I don't really think you should pm decklists to anyone. And there's no promises I could help you testing anyway: If I didn't think the deck had potential I'd be out, and if I needed to spend too much money to build it I'd be out too.

You can pm me the decklist if you want. If it looks viable for me I'll come on board.

I too would agree with el_pato, but I would really like to help someone out. And the decklist will be available post States. I'll report how it did if I happen to go, which is very likely.
lol this is kind of a side note but wouldnt it be funny if everyone brought an "anti-meta" deck to states and they had horrible mirrior matches thus giving the win to some rogue deck.

My deck DESTROYS anything that is not built to be good, like an anti-meta deck. Those are built to beat certain decks, and my deck is auto-protected from things like 4 Cloudthreshers and the like.
In b4 a second "Come Copy My Tier 1 Deck" thread.

Right now it's the opposite, I'm hiding it for there is a big tourney coming up. My listing of the deck will be less arrogant, I guarantee it.
VeJi before UnCon:

VeJi after UnCon:

If you don't want to be treated like a troll, don't act like a troll.

I was giving the tournament some flare, it turns out my decks were just unrefined. That's why I'm asking for help. I don't get a lot of practice, almost none.
I would be very interested in helping you fine tune your killer deck. I have been playing since torment and have a Constructed rating of 1803. I know my way around aggro quite well and have a good bit experience with control. If you say that this deck is able to beat toast and RDW i doubt that this is a combo deck so I will not even bother saying that I am good at combo. I know that there is no way that you can completely trust me but I will give you my word of honor (which is clearly not much on the internet or these forums) that if you would tell me your decklist, I would keep it to myself.

If you need help tuning a deck I will be glad to help. I love a good deck building challenge. The best I can give you is a promise that I will not reveal this deck to anyone, but I hope that is enough.

Consideration granted. The deck is not easy to label.
EPIC OCTUPLE POST!

[i][b]A NEW RECORD![/i][/b]
Umm, so I don't really frequent these forums any more, but I do blog for my website Greatplay.net.
EPIC OCTUPLE POST!

[i][b]A NEW RECORD![/i][/b]

And it turns out you ruined it. I was going to extend it to 9 perhaps. P.S. I cracked 4 eggs the night before and fried them. Just warning you.
Rofl! This topic is funny

Not in a bad way mind you, just good humour everywhere =p
And it turns out you ruined it. I was going to extend it to 9 perhaps. P.S. I cracked 4 eggs the night before and fried them. Just warning you.

Well, there is always another time.

PS: I ripped a copy of Ravenous Rats in half. Scared?
Umm, so I don't really frequent these forums any more, but I do blog for my website Greatplay.net.
Well, there is always another time.

PS: I ripped a copy of Ravenous Rats in half. Scared?

I am scared. Because I like Rats. I like Ravenous Rats cause they're sharp-toothed, just like me!!! So to speak.

Anyhow, I believe we have 3 weeks until States, so a decision will soon come.
It really is a fine line here. I wouldn't mind sending out the list the night before States to those interested, but to those interested, do you believe you can do well, knowing the list only overnight?
It really is a fine line here. I wouldn't mind sending out the list the night before States to those interested, but to those interested, do you believe you can do well, knowing the list only overnight?

That kinda defeats the purpose of trying to get help testing, but you probably already know that.

By saying "IMA CHARGIN MAH LAZER" you are wasting time that could be devoted to testing and tweaking you deck. (You should name your deck Dr Octagonapus *BLAAAAAAAAAAAH!* if it wins States)
That kinda defeats the purpose of trying to get help testing, but you probably already know that.

By saying "IMA CHARGIN MAH LAZER" you are wasting time that could be devoted to testing and tweaking you deck. (You should name your deck Dr Octagonapus *BLAAAAAAAAAAAH!* if it wins States)

I want to help people win. But I also must preserve the secret to gain percentage points. This deck is capable of 8-0 very easily. And it's also capable of 4-3 at its worst. I need to tweak it. But in doing so I need to keep it rogue.
I want to help people win. But I also must preserve the secret to gain percentage points. This deck is capable of 8-0 very easily. And it's also capable of 4-3 at its worst. I need to tweak it. But in doing so I need to keep it rogue.

Understandable. Just know that people wanna help you win as well ^_^ I definitely respect your decision. Does that mean this thread should be closed?
This thread should not be closed. There are interested people here that I need to keep tabs with.
There's a buddy list and PMs for that.
Because of all the crazy back-talk going on, usually I'd pass this up, but you mentioned something that got my attention.

Creativity.

I don't hear this word often enough.

Because of this (and only this), I have become interested in seeing whatever this idea is into some kind of fruition. I want to know what idea you have in that head of yours. I build my all decks with this in mind, and I need a good rogue deck idea for States. Something different. Something no one else is using.

But, if I do this, I want to see a decklist that isn't just Qn'T with two different cards. I don't want to see unusable jank. If it's good, we can make it into something great, but I can't build a castle from mud. I want something we can work with. Something that's unique. Something that I can feel satisfied just looking at a pile of cards on the table.

Been playing since fourth edition, but I'd be willing to bet that it doesn't really matter.

Sign me up, Veji. I'll help you mold this deck into whatever it needs to be. PM me when you're ready.
Because of all the crazy back-talk going on, usually I'd pass this up, but you mentioned something that got my attention.

Creativity.

I don't hear this word often enough.

Because of this (and only this), I have become interested in seeing whatever this idea is into some kind of fruition. I want to know what idea you have in that head of yours. I build my all decks with this in mind, and I need a good rogue deck idea for States. Something different. Something no one else is using.

But, if I do this, I want to see a decklist that isn't just Qn'T with two different cards. I don't want to see unusable jank. If it's good, we can make it into something great, but I can't build a castle from mud. I want something we can work with. Something that's unique. Something that I can feel satisfied just looking at a pile of cards on the table.

Been playing since fourth edition, but I'd be willing to bet that it doesn't really matter.

Sign me up, Veji. I'll help you mold this deck into whatever it needs to be. PM me when you're ready.

Now that's a post!!! I'll be making my decision soon, and it appears I have a few select participants ready for the next level.
I am very curious about this deck. I personally have no set deck yet, and if I can help in any way I will.

I love the idea of a new, creative, deck taking states. I put a lot of thought behind every card choice, so I would love to see your deck and help you test it.

Lets take States by storm with this deck.
I am very curious about this deck. I personally have no set deck yet, and if I can help in any way I will.

I love the idea of a new, creative, deck taking states. I put a lot of thought behind every card choice, so I would love to see your deck and help you test it.

Lets take States by storm with this deck.

I have moved discussion to my Team building thread. I accidentally created 4, it's the one with posts.