[Archetype] Jund Aggro/Rock

602 posts / 0 new
Last post

IMAGE(http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a74/Indignation_X/JundBlightningSig.jpg)
[color=DarkRed]
IMAGE(http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee215/Hodoku/BRG.gif)

Jund Aggro/Rock - R/B/G

With the release of Alara Reborn and powerful cards like Maelstrom Pulse and Bloodbraid Elf came a new form of Jund decks, Jund Aggro. Jund Aggro is a deck that displays the constant pressure and threats similar to that of B/R Blightning Beatdown combined with more card advantage and potential tide turning effects gained by the use of cascade. The deck focuses on the colors R/B/G.

Although the deck usually has a slightly higher mana curve than other aggro decks the deck will still play efficient creatures like Figure of Destiny, Putrid Leech, Anathemancer, Hellspark Elemental and Boggart Ram-gang to hit hard and fast with the devestating Blightning not far behind. Pressure on the opponent is increased and lost card advantage is reduced significantly with Blightning, Maelstrom Pulse, and Bloodbraid Elf. Bloodbraid Elf with it's haste and cascade contributes to explosive/game ending turns and big "come back" factor if you were behind.

You want to play spells that will be good most of the time any time if they become cascaded to maximize efficiency. That means no cards like Banefire. Cascading into Maelstrom Pulse, Blightning, Boggart Ram-gang or even Volcanic Fallout and Jund Charm are usually devestating for the opponent while cascading into cards like Terminate, Incinerate, and Hellspark Elemental are always good for you.

Cards that can be used in the deck:
Show

Creatures:
Show

1 Drops
Show

Figure of Destiny - The best 1 drop for the deck. It grows bigger and bigger. It will usually eat removal early on because of becomming to big a threat. Sometimes it wins games just by itself.
Mogg Fanatic - An ok card but there are better cards to run and cascade into.
Tattermung Maniac - rarely used but sometimes budget players will use this in conjunction with Jund Hackblade.

2 Drops
Show

Goblin Outlander - Very good sideboard and even maindeck card for it's white evasion.
Hellspark Elemental - Excellent card for fast damage with unearth for more aggressive builds.
Jund Hackblade - Debatable card. It can pay off if you meet it's requirements and it can get in a lot of early damage.
Putrid Leech - Best 2 drop for the deck. Two life for +2/+2 until the end of turn is very good vs burn, for blocking and for dealing damage.
Rip Clan Crasher - Decent 2 drop with haste.

3 Drops
Show

Anathemancer - One of the best 3 drop creatures in standard at the moment. It's ability to deal huge damage because of the amount of non-basic lands in almost every top tier deck is amazing but also it's unearth being uncounterable makes it even better vs counter heavy decks. This is a cascade favorite.
Boggart Ram-Gang - Another one of the best 3 drop creatures in standard. Three for a 3/3 with wither and haste. This card is great even in death by battle because of it's wither making bigger creatures smaller. Cascading into this can cause big trouble for the opponent.
Kitchen Finks - Again, another one of the best 3 drop creatures in standard. It's persistant, annoying, strong and gains you life. Cascading into this is always good.

4 Drops
Show

Bloodbraid Elf - One of or even the best 4 drop in standard and the key card of the deck. It's 3/2 haste body is nothing to scoff at but the advantage it gives can be incredible. It's cascade effect leads into many possibilities for gaining advantage over the opponent. You can go for major damage with Boggart Ram-Gang, go for burn and discard with Blightning, gain life with kitchen finks etc... It's the start of an explosive turn 4.
Chameleon Colossus - It's a powerhouse. Black evasivness is great as it is currently the second most used removal. It's ability to boost itself to double it's current power is rediculous and dangerous for any who can't deal with it. Also can be cascaded into by Bituminous Blast
Murderous Redcap - A decent or great choice depening on the build you put it in. It can gain advantage by killing off smaller creatures, burn to the opponents life, it also has persist. Can be very annoying for the opponent.

5+ Drops
Show

Cloudthresher - Very good field sweeper especially against token decks. Flash, evoke and it's big body make this quite versatile for any time of the game.
Broodmate Dragon - Good late game card. Two 4/4 dragons with flying is very dangerous for the opponent.
Demigod of Revenge - Decent card. With the low costed white removal going around it has lost much play but is still very dangerous when not dealt with. Flying, haste, potential swarming ability still make this a decent choice.
Puppeteer Clique - Very good mid-late game ending card. Taking fallen Clougoat Rangers or other big creatures and giving them haste can end the game right there for the unprepared opponent. Persist makes it even more dangerous as you can do it again in the same turn if you kill it yourself for an even bigger play.

Other spells:
Show

Planeswalkers
Show

Garruck Wildspeaker - Good choice if you have a heavier mana curve.
Sarkhan Vol - Decent card. Gives a non hasty version of the deck some speed as well as an alternate win condition.

1 Drops
Show

Deathmark - Excellent sideboard card. Nice cheap removal.
Magma Spray - Great choice against creatures with persist or creatures you don't want comming back from the grave.
Thoughtseize - Disruptive card. Many use this in the side board for the matchups where seeing an opponents hand and taking a key card from it is an optimal strategy.

2 Drops
Show

Incinerate - Classic burn. Three for 3 burn damage to creature or player is always good.
Lash Out - To be able to hit a creature for 3 and possibly the player for 3 too is also pretty good.
Pyroclasm - Cheap sweeper.
Terminate - Excellent low costed removal.
Terror - Good for creatures with evasion from red.

3 Drops
Show

Blightning - One of the best 3 drops in standard. Three for 3 damage and 2 discards on the opponent especially if it was cascaded is completely devestating.
Everlasting Torment - Usually sideboarded. Great against anything with life gain, damage prevention, persist, big creatures etc...
Infest - Black sweeper.
Jund Charm - Highly reccomended, very versatile card. An instant that can sweep, give +2/+2 to target creature or even remove a grave from game.
Maelstrom Pulse - Another one of the best 3 drops in standard. Most if not all Jund Aggro decks run this. It can sweep cards of the same name, usually tokens, it can destroy permanents. An out to almost everything. Amazing card.
Volcanic Fallout - Again, one of the best 3 drops in standard. Instant uncounterable sweeper with burn damage. This is what keeps Fae in check. Very good against almost all current top tier decks.

4 Drops
Show

Thought Hemorrhage - Excellent sideboard card. Ruins combo decks or decks with very little win conditions. Also has a potential burn effect. Excellent card.
Wild Ricochet - Excellent sideboard card against decks that use dangerous targetting spells that you would rather your opponent feel twice over when they play it.

5+ Drops
Show

Bitimunous Blast - Excellent cascade card. Not only can it cause an explosive turn but it also deals a hefty 4 damage to target creautre.
Chaotic Backlash - Great Sideboard card against white token decks. Can be game ending.
Slave of Bolas - Very good against Boat Brew and other decks with big creatures. Take the creature attack and sack it. Can be game ending also.

Artifacts
Show

Loxodon Warhammer - Give a creature like Chameleon Colossus or Goblin Outlander +3/+0 life link and trample can be very advantageous for you and dangerous for the opponent.

Lands

Articles on/related to Jund Aggro:

Matchups
Show

These are from my very limited experiences (I need people to give me their insight and tournament reports so I can make them much better, I know some might seem a bit off but this is from only my experiences. That is why I need way more input from everybody so we can get closer to realistic standards. If you see anything wrong don't hesitate to say it. Thanks.)

B/W Tokens
-Make sure you side in all your your field clearing cards if they aren't mained (Maelstrom Pulse, Jund Charm, Volcanic Fallouts etc...). You can mostly just sit back and make explosive plays when needed. Your g1 really depends on if your maining field clearing cards. Puncture Blast/Magma Spray and everlasting torment are really good against the Persist version of the deck.

Fae
- Race them and play Volcanic fallout/Maelstrom Pulse when needed. Pretty easy matchup. Blightning works well here.

5cc (five color control, not cascade)
- Aggro them and force out their big cards and counters early. Also an easy matchup. Blightning, Thoughtseize and even manabarbs work really well here.

5cc(5 color cascade)
- If your running an excessive aggro build you must race them as fast as possible before they bring out something big. If your running a more midrange version of Jund Aggro then just time your moves and play big plays when the opponent taps out. Watch out for Cruel ultimatum, don't wait too long get the damage in fast before they get to play it. A well timed Blighting is VERY good here but really bad if you go to late game. Manabarbs is pretty good here too if you can get creatures out and play it early. This is much harder than the other 5cc matchup.

GW Tokens
- Watch out for getting overrunned. Kill their mana creatures ASAP. Keep your maelstrom pulses, jund charms and fallouts for big plays. Do not blighting the opponent unless it's for game, you don't want to discard Wilt-Leaf Lieges. If you main blighting you must side it out. Maelstrom Pulse is always good here.

Boat Brew
- Try and race them. Kill figures asap. Save your Jund Charms/Volcanic Fallouts for the advantage. Side in Slave of Bolas. Thought Hemorrhage is good here calling lark early. Everlasting torment, magma spray, boggart ram-gang and puncture blast are good here. You will need your non-red removal like Maelstrom Pulse or everlasting torment for the forge tenders and persist creatures.

B/R Aggro
- Do not get intimidated by their first three turns. This matchup is significantly easier due to most B/R decks not maining blightning anymore, which early game can hurt us a lot. Once your turn 4 starts you should have this game down pretty fast. If your not maining Kitchen Finks then you will have a slightly harder time. When you clear their field, go all out and race them as fast as possible. Explode on them each turn while gaining card advantage. If you wait too long to do anything you will lose.

?? Jund Ramp
?? Cascade Swans
?? Kithkin
?? Jund Rock
?? Twinsanity

This is my current version after M10s release:

Conley Woods Special/Mannequin Control - Brad Nelson US nats t4

An example of a very aggressive red based build:

Jund Aggro with Sygg by Svogthir:

The Budget Version by chainsawromeo:

My Experiments/Other possible builds:
Show

Experiment: This is a Manaplasm/Mosswort Bridge idea I'm working on:

Experiment 2: A Jund Aggro / Land Destruction build (there have been 2 regional tops of similar versions):

My deck discussion/problems/ideas (updated/changed constantly):
I'm considering goblin outlander and deathmark what are your takes on these cards for sideboard and main (outlander).
I took out Flame Javelins since most of the successful Jund Aggro decks opted not to use them and I can't seem to fit them.
I'm trying out puppeteer clique with 1 in the main and 1 in the side. Have any of you tried the clique yet?

Other Jund Aggro decks that have topped already since the release of Alara Reborn:
Show

Events Won/1st:
PTQ Austin 2009 - Honolulu / USA

US Regionals - Florida - Tallahassee
Show

1st

3rd
24 lands
4 Auntie's Hovel
3 Fire-Lit Thicket
1 Forest
3 Graven Cairns
4 Karplusan Forest
2 Mountain
3 Reflecting Pool
3 Savage Lands
1 Swamp
24 creatures
3 Anathemancer
4 Bloodbraid Elf
4 Boggart Ram-Gang
2 Figure of Destiny
3 Goblin Outlander
4 Mogg Fanatic
4 Putrid Leech
12 other spells
2 Bituminous Blast
2 Colossal Might
3 Incinerate
3 Maelstrom Pulse
2 Thought Hemorrhage
Sideboard 15
1 Anathemancer
2 Chaotic Backlash
1 Deathmark
3 Guttural Response
3 Jund Charm
1 Maelstrom Pulse
2 Puppeteer Clique
2 Terminate

Events Topped:
National Qualifier 2009 - Magdeburg / Germany

PTQ Austin 2009 - Standish / USA

National Qualifier 2009 - Lisbon / Portugal
Show

6th
creature [28]
3 Anathemancer
4 Bloodbraid Elf
4 Boggart Ram-Gang
4 Figure of Destiny
4 Jund Hackblade
2 Mogg Fanatic
3 Rip-Clan Crasher
4 Tattermunge Maniac
instant [7]
3 Colossal Might
4 Incinerate
sorcery [3]
3 Maelstrom Pulse
land [23]
4 Auntie's Hovel
4 Fire-Lit Thicket
1 Ghitu Encampment
4 Karplusan Forest
1 Llanowar Wastes
3 Mountain
4 Savage Lands
2 Sulfurous Springs
61 cards
Sideboard:
3 Guttural Response
3 Magma Spray
3 Terminate
3 Volcanic Fallout
2 Banefire
1 Thought Hemorrhage
15 cards

PTQ Austin 2009 - Moscow / Russia
Show

7th
creature [22]
3 Anathemancer
4 Bloodbraid Elf
4 Boggart Ram-Gang
4 Figure of Destiny
3 Goblin Outlander
4 Mogg Fanatic
instant [10]
2 Bituminous Blast
4 Incinerate
3 Terminate
1 Terror
sorcery [5]
4 Blightning
1 Maelstrom Pulse
land [23]
4 Auntie's Hovel
2 Fire-Lit Thicket
3 Graven Cairns
3 Karplusan Forest
2 Mountain
2 Reflecting Pool
4 Savage Lands
3 Sulfurous Springs
60 cards
Sideboard:
1 Anathemancer
3 Guttural Response
4 Magma Spray
2 Volcanic Fallout
3 Maelstrom Pulse
2 Thought Hemorrhage
15 cards

National Qualifier 2009 - Seattle
Show

6th
creature [16]
4 Sygg, River Cutthroat
4 Anathemancer
4 Bloodbraid Elf
4 Putrid Leech
sorcery [8]
4 Blightning
4 Maelstrom Pulse
instant [12]
4 Volcanic Fallout
4 Terror
4 Incinerate
Land [15]
4 Savage Lands
4 Twilight Mire
4 Graven Cairns
3 Treetop Village
4 Reflecting Pool
1 Mountain
2 Swamp
2 Sulfurous Springs
sideboard:
3 Kitchen Finks
2 Bituminous Blast
2 Thoughtseize
2 Terminate
3 Snakeform
3 Infest

National Qualifier 2009 - Lausanne / Switzerland
Show

5th
creature [28]
4 Anathemancer
4 Bloodbraid Elf
4 Boggart Ram-Gang
4 Imperious Perfect
4 Kitchen Finks
4 Putrid Leech
4 Wren's Run Vanquisher
instant [4]
4 Incinerate
sorcery [4]
4 Blightning
land [24]
3 Fire-Lit Thicket
1 Forest
4 Gilt-Leaf Palace
3 Graven Cairns
1 Mountain
4 Reflecting Pool
4 Savage Lands
1 Swamp
3 Treetop Village
Sideboard:
4 Terminate
4 Volcanic Fallout
4 Maelstrom Pulse
3 Thought Hemorrhage

6th
Creatures [27]
3 Anathemancer
4 Bloodbraid Elf
4 Boggart Ram-Gang
4 Figure of Destiny
4 Hellspark Elemental
4 Jund Hackblade
4 Tattermunge Maniac
instant [7]
3 Colossal Might
4 Incinerate
sorcery [3]
3 Maelstrom Pulse
land [23]
4 Auntie's Hovel
4 Fire-Lit Thicket
1 Ghitu Encampment
4 Karplusan Forest
1 Llanowar Wastes
3 Mountain
4 Savage Lands
2 Sulfurous Springs
Sideboard:
3 Boartusk Liege
3 Chaotic Backlash
2 Guttural Response
3 Jund Charm
1 Maelstrom Pulse
3 Everlasting Torment

US Regionals 2009 - Dallas
Show

8th
creature [18]
3 Anathemancer
4 Bloodbraid Elf
4 Boggart Ram-Gang
3 Chameleon Colossus
4 Kitchen Finks
instant [11]
2 Bituminous Blast
3 Incinerate
2 Jund Charm
2 Terminate
2 Volcanic Fallout
sorcery [7]
3 Blightning
4 Maelstrom Pulse
land [25]
3 Fire-Lit Thicket
1 Forest
3 Graven Cairns
1 Karplusan Forest
1 Llanowar Wastes
1 Mountain
4 Reflecting Pool
4 Savage Lands
1 Sulfurous Springs
1 Swamp
2 Treetop Village
3 Twilight Mire
Sideboard:
1 Anathemancer
2 Volcanic Fallout
1 Blightning
4 Deathmark
3 Slave of Bolas
4 Thought Hemorrhage

CA Regionals - Nova Scotia - Halifax
Show

4th
1 Auntie's Hovel
2 Fire-Lit Thicket
4 Graven Cairns
2 Karplusan Forest
4 Llanowar Wastes
2 Mountain
3 Reflecting Pool
4 Savage Lands
2 Vivid Crag
3 Anathemancer
4 Bloodbraid Elf
4 Boggart Ram-Gang
4 Demigod of Revenge
4 Figure of Destiny
2 Jund Hackblade
4 Putrid Leech
4 Flame Javelin
3 Jund Charm
3 Magma Spray
1 Puncture Blast
Sideboard
1 Anathemancer
2 Chaotic Backlash
3 Infest
4 Kitchen Finks
2 Puppeteer Clique
3 Terminate

US Regionals - Texas - Fort Worth
Show

8th
lands 24
3 Fire-Lit Thicket
1 Forest
3 Graven Cairns
1 Karplusan Forest
1 Llanowar Wastes
1 Mountain
4 Reflecting Pool
4 Savage Lands
1 Sulfurous Springs
1 Swamp
2 Treetop Village
2 Twilight Mire
creatures 18
3 Anathemancer
4 Bloodbraid Elf
4 Boggart Ram-Gang
3 Chameleon Colossus
4 Kitchen Finks
other spells 18
2 Bituminous Blast
3 Blightning
3 Incinerate
2 Jund Charm
4 Maelstrom Pulse
2 Terminate
2 Volcanic Fallout
sideboard 15
1 Anathemancer
1 Blightning
4 Deathmark
3 Slave of Bolas
4 Thought Hemorrhage
2 Volcanic Fallout

US Regionals - Missouri - St. Louis
Show

6th
22 lands
1 Fire-Lit Thicket
2 Forest
2 Gilt-Leaf Palace
1 Graven Cairns
2 Mountain
4 Reflecting Pool
4 Savage Lands
1 Swamp
4 Treetop Village
1 Twilight Mire
20 creatures
1 Anathemancer
4 Bloodbraid Elf
4 Boggart Ram-Gang
3 Chameleon Colossus
2 Civic Wayfinder
2 Putrid Leech
4 Wren's Run Vanquisher
18 other spells
3 Bituminous Blast
3 Jund Charm
3 Maelstrom Pulse
2 Nameless Inversion
3 Rampant Growth
4 Terminate
Sideboard 15
3 Anathemancer
3 Cloudthresher
1 Jund Charm
1 Maelstrom Pulse
2 Puppeteer Clique
2 Shriekmaw
3 Vexing Shusher

US Regionals - Michigan - Detroit
Show

4th
25 lands
2 Forest
3 Graven Cairns
4 Karplusan Forest
1 Mountain
4 Savage Lands
4 Swamp
3 Treetop Village
4 Twilight Mire
16 creatures
3 Anathemancer
4 Bloodbraid Elf
1 Broodmate Dragon
4 Kitchen Finks
4 Putrid Leech
19 other spells
3 Bituminous Blast
2 Garruk Wildspeaker
2 Jund Charm
2 Loxodon Warhammer
4 Maelstrom Pulse
2 Primal Command
1 Resounding Thunder
3 Terminate
15 sideboard cards
1 Anathemancer
1 Broodmate Dragon
3 Deathmark
3 Makeshift Mannequin
1 Primal Command
3 Puppeteer Clique
3 Snakeform

5th
26 lands
2 Cascade Bluffs
1 Flooded Grove
1 Forest
1 Mountain
4 Reflecting Pool
1 Sunken Ruins
1 Swamp
2 Twilight Mire
3 Vivid Crag
2 Vivid Creek
4 Vivid Grove
4 Vivid Marsh
17 creatures
4 Anathemancer
4 Bloodbraid Elf
1 Cloudthresher
4 Kitchen Finks
4 Putrid Leech
17 other spells
3 Bituminous Blast
1 Cruel Ultimatum
4 Cryptic Command
2 Jund Charm
4 Maelstrom Pulse
3 Pyroclasm

15 sideboard cards
2 Broodmate Dragon
2 Burrenton Forge-Tender
1 Cloudthresher
1 Cruel Ultimatum
1 Identity Crisis
3 Jace Beleren
2 Pithing Needle
3 Wrath of God

US Regionals - Florida - Orlando
Show

3rd
24 lands
4 Auntie's Hovel
1 Forest
4 Gilt-Leaf Palace
3 Graven Cairns
2 Karplusan Forest
1 Mountain
4 Reflecting Pool
4 Savage Lands
1 Swamp
23 creatures
3 Anathemancer
4 Bloodbraid Elf
4 Boggart Ram-Gang
4 Goblin Outlander
4 Kitchen Finks
4 Putrid Leech
13 other spells
3 Maelstrom Pulse
2 Magma Spray
4 Terminate
4 Volcanic Fallout
Sideboard 15
1 Banefire
2 Chameleon Colossus
3 Deathmark
2 Everlasting Torment
4 Guttural Response
2 Infest
1 Maelstrom Pulse

US Regionals - Connecticut - Middletown
Show

3rd
21 lands
4 Auntie's Hovel
1 Exotic Orchard
1 Fire-Lit Thicket
1 Forest
1 Gilt-Leaf Palace
2 Graven Cairns
3 Karplusan Forest
2 Llanowar Wastes
2 Mountain
2 Savage Lands
2 Swamp
27 creatures
4 Anathemancer
4 Bloodbraid Elf
3 Boggart Ram-Gang
4 Figure of Destiny
4 Mogg Fanatic
4 Putrid Leech
4 Viashino Slaughtermaster
12 other spells
4 Blightning
4 Colossal Might
4 Terminate
Sideboard 15
1 Banefire
1 Boggart Ram-Gang
2 Heat Shimmer
4 Lash Out
1 Shriekmaw
2 Spring Cleaning
4 Volcanic Fallout

[/COLOR]
BRG bars used from: http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee215/Hodoku/
I have been looking at cascade deck alot more like yours than other. Things that I can think of that may help you deck. Cut the outburst, and replace flame javelin with rekindled flame. The reason I am saying that is because well firstly its alot less likely that you will be able to cast Javelin for three mana in a three color deck and secondly Rekindled flame can be cascaded off blast were as Flame Javelin can not. The last thing I would say is maybe try to get the Anathemancer MD. Right now there really arnt any decks that it won't do 3+ damage turn 4.
All my lands produce red though. I don't mind not cascading Javelin. Rekindled Flame would be pretty interesting except that it costs 4 and the curve in this deck is already pretty high.
Did not notice the bit about your lands. Nevermind then, you can always cast it for three. lol
I updated the deck.
I'm thinking about adding a 4th pulse and incinerate over the flame javelins, good idea?
I'm thinking about adding a 4th pulse and incinerate over the flame javelins, good idea?

Most likely.
I updated heavily vs the B/W token build. I might even take out the bitimunous for another fallout and Jund Charm.
More deck toppings added.
I really don't agree with the Jund Charm. And the creature base seems a bit off.

I would -3 Jund Charm and +3 Goblin Outlander

Also, I would sidedeck some Anathemancer. It's absolutely crucial vs. nearly every tier 1 archtype.
You MUST play anthemancer. It will wreck almost every deck that is in the format at the moment. I think that you don't need 4 pulse MD, put 2 in the SB and side them in accordingly.

why clique in the sb?
I am mostly a casual/multiplayer type of guy. You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
I'm going to try that. Clique is good against most decks, take their big cards like broodmate, Lark, SGC, Cloudgoat etc... and usually win with that since most of them give you advantage and the haste helps a lot.
You should be playing 4 Flame Javelin.

Doesn't matter if you can't cascade into it, it's the best burn spell you've got. 4 Damage is key to kill 'veils, Broodmates, and War Monks.

4 to the face is always good, anyways.
Photobucket Team GFG - Glux's Fine Gents
Thats true, what do you suggest I take out for the Javelins?
I also run a similar deck, and to speed it up I would suggest:
-2 bituminous (the 4 damage to a creature is I think too much of a restriction. You have better stuff to run in that slot )
namely:
+3 Siege-gang commander (By itself its already pretty good, but some other additions -see below- will make a nice portion of your deck into fodder)
-4 hellspark (not sustainable enough IMO)
+4 jund hackblade
-3 jund charm (while the variability is ok, theres nothing your pulses/ incinerates/fallouts cant deal within turn 5)
+3 anathemancer (hits pretty hard against any T2 deck, the unearth cost is usually a big turn-down but the occasions are rare when you'll actually use it. But if a match against 5cc grows long an he was fallouted, then its worth the mana)
-1 maelstorm pulse (we need a slot for the third siege-gang to make it consistent and your creatures' POW + incinerate should already be doing the trick)

suggested SB:
1 maelstorm pulse (for when you DO need the 4th pulse. see: planeswalkers/other nasty permanents)
4 goblin outlander (prot from white is a big deal in my meta)
4 guttural response (I omniloathe Cryptic, hence this)
3 chaotic backlash (a better damage source than siege-gang against anything that runs procession/cloudgoat)
4 scepter of fugue (for the non-tempo control matchup. 5cc, Im looking at you!)
The problem with hackblade and SGC is that they completely get overkilled by fallout/infest/charm etc... and fallout is extremely common now since everyones running B/W tokens. Jund Hackblade get's chump blocked. I'll probably do the Anathemancer though.

updated deck toppings.
updated deck. Rearranged stuff.

I decided against maindecked Flame Javelin because all the successful decks haven't used them and by other player reports who did haven't done well. I did however add Anathemancer because it really is quite game winning.
sideboard is whatever you need for your local area. for me it is tokens and artifacts. flame javelins can go in place of blightning or pulses if needed. the bloodhall ooze was an after thought and i am looking forward to trying it out. im thinking for a complete beat down you can replaced the mogg with a spark elemental. chandra is also being tested...hard to pass up 6dmg for 5cc which can potentially neutralize other planes walkers (which are abundant in my area)

R/g/b-lightning
Total 60

creatures 24

4 Hellspark Elemental
4 Bloodbraid Elf
3 BoggartRam-gang
3 mogg fanatic/bloodhall ooze
3 putrid leach
3 ashenmoor gouger
3 sygg, river rutthroat
1 chandra

spells 12

4 blightning
4 maelstrom pulse
3 volcanic fallout
1 banefire

Land 23

4 karplusan forest
4 sulforspring
3 fire-lite thicket
3 graven cairns
7/6 mountain
2/3 savage lands

Sideboard
3 gobline outlander
3 antheamancer
4 terror
4 shock
Jund Aggro got first at US Regionals - Florida - Tallahassee and like MANY regionals toppings so I updated them. Pretty damn good for a deck thats been out for 2 weeks. It should be put into the competitive section since it definitly is an ARCHETYPE now.

@Kamikaze2499: Decks seems pretty interesting. I definitly would not use banefire. Cascading into banefire is not good. Replace it with something else. I would probably - banefire -3 Volcanic Fallout(to the sideboard) + 4 incinerate (works well with sygg). Bloodhall ooze seems very interesting to try out so I would try them over mogg. I would take away Chandra and gougers for 4x Figure or Shambling Remanes.
sideboard is whatever you need for your local area. for me it is tokens and artifacts. flame javelins can go in place of blightning or pulses if needed. the bloodhall ooze was an after thought and i am looking forward to trying it out. im thinking for a complete beat down you can replaced the mogg with a spark elemental. chandra is also being tested...hard to pass up 6dmg for 5cc which can potentially neutralize other planes walkers (which are abundant in my area)

R/g/b-lightning
Total 60

creatures 24

4 Hellspark Elemental
4 Bloodbraid Elf
3 BoggartRam-gang
3 mogg fanatic/bloodhall ooze
3 putrid leach
3 ashenmoor gouger
3 sygg, river rutthroat
1 chandra

spells 12

4 blightning
4 maelstrom pulse
3 volcanic fallout
1 banefire

Land 23

4 karplusan forest
4 sulforspring
3 fire-lite thicket
3 graven cairns
7/6 mountain
2/3 savage lands

Sideboard
3 gobline outlander
3 antheamancer
4 terror
4 shock

Is it just me or does anyone else think that its a lot slower than it could/should be for jund aggro?
It is. It's one of those that go off real hard on like turn 5 but sacrifice early game (which can be really devestating with the fast decks nowdays). But it's always good to try and slowly move people into the faster direction. He probably will go the faster way sooner or later.
you could probably take the terrors out and put in another Pulse and incinerate. Pulse will take care of BFT. In worst case just side in terror.
If you're playing green, the last thing you do is play Goblin Outlander over the BRUTAL Putrid Leech. P.L. is ****ing absurd.
Photobucket Team GFG - Glux's Fine Gents
You're right, the Leech is pretty BA. . .

I'll be running leech in place of Outlander. Now I just need work on my SB. I believe, since I have so many pain lands, that mirror/blightning/BR will be one of my tougher matchups. Finks+Primal command SB be enough?

This is what I ran tonite and yes ... it's 61 cards

4 x Figure of Destiny
3 x Putrid Leech
3 x Goblin Outlander
4 x Boggart Ram-Gang
3 x Anathemancer
4 x Bloodbraid Elf
-
3 x Incinerate
3 x Terminate
3 x Flame Javelin
3 x Maelstrom Pulse
4 x Jund Charm
-
4 x Auntie's Hovel
4 x Savage Lands
3 x Karplusan Forest
2 x Fire-lit Thicket
3 x Graven Cairns
3 x Reflection Pool
1 x Twilight Mire
1 x Llanowar Wastes
1 x Forest
1 x Mountain
1 x Swamp
-
3 x Kitchen Finks
3 x Everending Torment
3 x Deathmark
3 x Thought Hemorrhage
2 x Chaotic Backlash
1 x Anathemancer

Game one: Sanity Grinding (2-0) Game one he stalls me with bounce/counters and mills about half my deck, but he didn't seem to have any card draw and eventually I got my beats in. Game two I managed to T.H. his Sanity Grindings so that took a lot of wind out of his offense. He was mana flooded as well which didn't help.

Mirror match: (2-1) His deck was more r/g speed oriented and got the jump on me the first two games. Tattermunge, Rip Clan, Hackblade, Ram-gang, Bloodbraid with black for terminate and anathemancer. Jund charm was the mvp for this match up. I found myself playing control in two games and swept his board game one, which he didn't expect, after I was down half my life. I lost game two primarily to my own pain lands and anathemancer pwnage. Game three he had a slower draw than normal and I ramped in to double ram-gang, then a charm sweeper, followed by a bloodbraid with a incenerate for the sweeper. He ran mostly basic lands besides savage so my anathemancers didn't do squat games one and two. His deck had good speed, but I think he should drop the Tattermunge, it wasn't so hot. Collosal might be better in that build.

Games 3 & 4 were abysmal Dark bant and then bant. I got ran over hard both matches. Granted, my first match I had to mull three times in two games which didn't help, but I'm not certain that really made much of a difference. All his creatures were bigger and they just kept coming. My removal just wasn't enough/didn't draw enough. The life gain and main deck collosus with the new hammers was pretty special too. Bad thing with the new hammers is that collosus is out of burn range with a 6 toughness. Have to catch him at the right time for that. The only good note is that anathemancer actually did some damage and my opponents life briefly dipped below 20.

My bant match wasn't any better than the dark bant the round before. I killed a Hierarch, but he then dropped two birds, then two monks, rafiq and then that new 5 mana enchantment they are using. Joy. I got ran over to say the least. Bigger critters and life gain ftw. Game two I drop an early E.T. and kill a bop, but it's all inevitable. Every significant threat I dropped got pwned by two Paths and a bant charm. I then proceded to draw more land than I wanted/needed and eventually his beats came on board I was crushed, but a bit more slowly this time.

In each of these matches we played one extra game for fun after I got trounced and out of all six games I won the last one against the bant deck. I basicly got a good draw and he got mana flooded and couldn't stop me.

I originally had magma spray instead of javelin and I'm thinking that needs to come back. Javelin is nice when you can cast it, but it almost always cost me four mana to cast and felt slow. For builds running more red mana it's proli fine though.

Putrid out shined Outlander for me tonight; althought it could have been good against the warmonks, but I don't remember seeing any those matches.

Neway ... maybe I just had a rough couple of matches, but I put this here because I'm wondering if any one else playing this deck is having trouble with either Dark Bant or Bant?

I didn't have enough muslce and board control to hammer out a win, or enough blinding speed and burn to outrace either one. If I try to take this to a tourney again I think I'm going to need to add either Collosus or Demigod. Both cards give me some thing to do with my mana mid to late game at least. I'm very tempted to up Deathmark to four as well.

One thing I hate though is that it's easy to over compensatate for match ups that you had at the last FNM when you may not meet those same decks next week.
I'm trying out a budget build that is more Green-Black than Red. It abuses one or two card synergies while backing them up with removal.

Here's the decklist:

4 Putrid Leech: The new Psionic Blast
4 Woodlurker Mimic: trades Doran, eats War Monks, leaves dents on walls(much faster than Boggart Ram Gang i may add)
4 Sprouting Thrinax: Leaves behind additional threats.
4 Scarland Thrinax: will be handy for eating his cousin's tokens,and the occasional fatty.:D
4 Madrush Cyclops: might want Jund Hackblade in that slot, or Bloodbraid Elf,
if I can find a playset. Otherwise he plain turns mimics into bad Ram Gang Impressions. Going cheap as well.

4 Jund Charm: great versatility, synergises with the mimic, eats tokens.
4 Terminate: kills anything short of those with shroud, or pro-white
4 Threaten: it's fun to abuse, will switch out for more kill or burn (Blightning?)
2 Maelstrom Pulse: couldn't find a playset.
2 Loxodon Warhammer : because life is good

Lands:
4 Savage Lands (because i don't have any one drops, this is good enough)
8 Swamps (because this build is more black heavy than expected)
6 Forests
6 Mountains

Of course, most of the cards can be easily switched out for the meta, mine is mostly budget rogues, with the occasional tier 1-2 deck, so I did not maindeck Anathemancer. i could use more threats though.

Maelstrom Pulse is an ok card, but in my opinion, It pales in comparison to Thought Hemorrhage. The only reason Maelstrom is "Better" is because it costs less.
I took a B/R Demigod Beatdown deck to FNM recently. It was fun but I thought I could do better. So I made the following below:

4 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=Auntie%27s+Hovel" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=Auntie%27s+Hovel">Auntie's Hovel</a>
4 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=Sulfurous+Springs" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=Sulfurous+Springs">Sulfurous Springs</a>
4 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=Savage+Lands" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=Savage+Lands">Savage Lands</a>
4 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=Graven+Cairns" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=Graven+Cairns">Graven Cairns</a>
3 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=Karplusan+Forest" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=Karplusan+Forest">Karplusan Forest</a>
3 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=Fire-Lit+Thicket" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=Fire-Lit+Thicket">Fire-Lit Thicket</a>

4 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=Rip-Clan+Crasher" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=Rip-Clan+Crasher">Rip-Clan Crasher</a>
4 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=Jund+Hackblade" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=Jund+Hackblade">Jund Hackblade</a>
4 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=Hellspark+Elemental" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=Hellspark+Elemental">Hellspark Elemental</a>
4 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=Boggart+Ram-Gang" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=Boggart+Ram-Gang">Boggart Ram-Gang</a>
4 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=Bloodbraid+Elf" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=Bloodbraid+Elf">Bloodbraid Elf</a>

4 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=Incinerate" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=Incinerate">Incinerate</a>
4 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=Terminate" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=Terminate">Terminate</a>
4 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=Violent+Outburst" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=Violent+Outburst">Violent Outburst</a>
3 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=Maelstrom+Pulse" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=Maelstrom+Pulse">Maelstrom Pulse</a>
3 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=Giantbaiting" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=Giantbaiting">Giantbaiting</a>

3 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=Infest" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=Infest">Infest</a>
3 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=Volcanic+Fallout" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=Volcanic+Fallout">Volcanic Fallout</a>
3 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=Anathemancer" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=Anathemancer">Anathemancer</a>
3 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=Naturalize" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=Naturalize">Naturalize</a>
3 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=Threaten" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=Threaten">Threaten</a>

My theory was to build an explosive deck that would be fast and do as much damage as quickly as possible.

Sleeve it up yourself and tell me what you think.
It seems I have found the proper thread for my deck, I figured there had to be others like it out there. I used to run the speed version with hackblade and all hasters and while it could pull out blazing fast starts it just lost to many commonly played decks, so I am now playing this.

... so I am now playing this...

And how does it do?
I'm interested too. I've been doing great with my deck. Now I'm trying some new things like Land destruction version.
Can someone help me with the matchups. I have mostly gone against B/W tokens, Fae, Boat Brew and B/R aggro with the deck and need more analysis of matchup against other decks.
I would say from my short experience with all the other decks:
Jund Aggro win %
65% B/W Tokens
85% Fae
80% 5cc
50% GW Tokens
55% Boat Brew
65% B/R Aggro
?? Jund Ramp
?? Cascade Swans
?? Kithkin
?? Jund Rock
?? Twinsanity

*they are all subject to change
Creatures
1-Boggart Ram-gang
3-figure of destiny
4-rip-clan crasher
4-hellspark elemental
4-anathemancer
4-Bloodbraid Elf
4-jund hackblade
Instants
4-blighting
4-shock
4-terminate
4-colossal might

Side
4-incinerate
4-goblin outlander
3-blitz hellion
4-incinerate

this is my jund aggro tell me what ya think? just an idea as of now
Here's what I been testing out lately. . .

The setup runs 20 lands to support mostly 1 and 2 drops. . .

Jund Aggro

Lands: (20)
4 [LRW] Auntie's Hovel
4 [SHM] Fire-Lit Thicket
4 [SHM] Graven Cairns
4 [10E] Karplusan Forest
4 [10E] Sulfurous Springs

Tech:
4 [ARB] Colossal Might or Fists of the Demigod
4 [ALA] Magma Spray
4 [10E] Mogg Fanatic

Creatures:
4 [CFX] Bloodhall Ooze or Figure of Destiny
4 [SHM] Tattermunge Maniac
4 [ARB] Putrid Leech
4 [ARB] Jund Hackblade
4 [CFX] Hellspark Elemental
4 [SHM] Boggart Ram-Gang
4 [ARB] Anathemancer

Sideboard:
4 [CFX] Goblin Outlander
3 [10E] Naturalize
4 [ALA] Blightning
4 [LRW] Thoughtseize

I've so far won matches against Mono Red Weenie, Bant, 2 different R/B variants (one of which easily could of easily been yours), and wins against my own R/G Cascade Haste and U/G Creature Control deck. . .

Only loss so far was against TwinSanity, but I didn't see any haste cards either game + no real sideboard yet.

I really feel that Blightning is a better card for the sideboard since it causes you to lose momentum for board control. . .

Both Blight and Thoughtsieze can easily get mixed in Game:2 for Fanatic and/or Magma Spray if they aren't needed.

Only downside is having 20 lands makes it so I can't run the nicer sideboard cards like Hemorrhage or Chaotic Backlash
Can you tell me what your matchups were like. I have updated the matchup section but it's mostly from my experiences and is definitly not enough for realistic standards.
here's my list Ive been running at my fnm

4x goblin outlander
4x putrid leech
4x boggart ram-gang
3x kitchen finks
3x anthemancer
4x bloodbraid elf

4x incinerate
4x malestrom pulse
4x terminate
3x blighting

22x land

its been good for me. give some feedback
I am Red/White
I am Red/White
I'm both chaotic and orderly. I value my own principles, and am willing to go to extreme lengths to enforce them, often trampling on the very same principles in the process. At best, I'm heroic and principled; at worst, I'm hypocritical and disorderly.
I would suggest Jund Charm/Volcanic Fallout over Goblin Outlanders and/or Terminates and move the rest to the side board. The field sweeping is very important now.
@Knight of Magic: At first look, your deck seems a little bit heavy on removal. If your meta is heavy with Tokens(which seems to be the big deck right now) Terminate is not going to be very helpful, so I would drop that, and perhaps fill out the playsets of Kitchen Finks, Mancer, and Blightning.

BTW: Did you know that you only have 59 cards in that decklist? It seems to me that the power of the deck is mostly at the 3 mana slot, so maybe you could add some land to help make sure you reach 3 mana consistently.
@Knight of Magic: At first look, your deck seems a little bit heavy on removal. If your meta is heavy with Tokens(which seems to be the big deck right now) Terminate is not going to be very helpful, so I would drop that, and perhaps fill out the playsets of Kitchen Finks, Mancer, and Blightning.

BTW: Did you know that you only have 59 cards in that decklist? It seems to me that the power of the deck is mostly at the 3 mana slot, so maybe you could add some land to help make sure you reach 3 mana consistently.

yah by bad i have 23 land. my land is 2x savage lands 2x anchient ziggurat 2x fire-lit thicket 4x auntie's hovel 3x swamp 4x mountaine 4x forest 1x r/g borderpost 1x r/b borderpost.

by meta is kinda funkie rightnow half the people play garbage and the other's play moderately decent decks. 2-3 people other peoplehardcore net deck and but me and by buddy are the best players there. so him or I usualy end up playing for 2-3
I am Red/White
I am Red/White
I'm both chaotic and orderly. I value my own principles, and am willing to go to extreme lengths to enforce them, often trampling on the very same principles in the process. At best, I'm heroic and principled; at worst, I'm hypocritical and disorderly.