Five Color Control

1970 posts / 0 new
Last post

Five-Color Control
IMAGE(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v357/Spike_Tribop/banner.jpg)
"Nobody ever said playing Vivid Creek would be easy, but the rewards are great." -Patrick Chapin.
IMAGE(http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee215/Hodoku/WUBRG.gif)

What is Five Color Control?

Five Color Control is a greedy control deck based off the powerful interaction between the Lorwyn Vivid Lands and Reflecting pool which enables it to play the most powerful spells in the format regardless of the casting cost. This deck has adapted the most of any in the current standard as it has been changing to suit different metagames since it's first appearance in PT: Hollywood - always playing with the newest, most powerful of Card Draw, Counterspells, and win conditions. Debates rage over which suite is correct concerning Counterspells and Creatures especially, but the decks all play similarly. By packing great survivability the Five Color player will inevitably make it to the late game and deliver a crushing blow by dropping either Cruel Ultimatum or a fatty and protecting it till it finishes their opponent off. Due to the overwhelming card advantage the deck builds up during the course of a game it is uncommon but not unheard of to actually kill an opponent with a simple Mulldrifter.

Card Choices?
Card Choices in this particular archetype are subject to a lot of debate as each player is building for a slightly different metagame and the risk of power vs consistency is not something we take lightly. Greedy players will try and stretch their manabase to the limits, and that is sometimes the correct decision, but some prefer consistency and thus each player has their own preferences concerning the following three major points of debate.

Counterspells
Negate vs Countersquall vs Remove Soul vs Broken Ambitions

Negate can deal with Planeswalkers, opposing counterspells, disruption, and removal. In builds packing heavy board sweepers and targetted removal it is my personal choice in the secondary counterspell slot. I feel we have enough answers to deal with resolved creature spells (This school of thought has to deal with the consequences of an opponent resolving Reveillark) to want an answer to planeswalkers and additional counterspells in a control match.

Countersquall fills the same role but nips them for two life in the process. The argument goes that our manabase is strong enough to support running the UB Negate to take advantage of the additional source of damage. The risk vs reward argument is often brought up in opposition of this idea as forcing UB in the first few turns cripples setting up a turn three non-Mulldrifter drop and cuts chances of us hitting Volcanic Fallout mana.

Remove Soul is a simple creature counterspell. Stops Reveillark shenanigans right away for an efficient two mana. It leaves you a bit open against control matches where you will only have Cryptic Command to counter with but sometimes that can be all you need.

Broken Ambitions is the counter of choice for many 5CC players as it is not limited by specific card types but instead of mana. We generally act on our opponents end of turn so leaving a ton of mana available isn't a problem as we can just wait until next turn if we need to counter something. The problem is in a counterwar it is a subpar spell in the late game, but it really shines in the early game. The library manipulation is another perk as it can nab some additional counters or threats from the opponent's library.

3-Drop Creatures
Finks vs Plumeveil vs Warmonk

Kitchen Finks has the benefit of blocking twice and surviving board clearers (via Persist), an immediate impact on the board, and an elegant casting cost. The downside is that it will caps out at gaining you four life.

Plumeveil is a combat trick that sticks around. Flash makes it appealing but the casting cost is a bit restricting in the early turns making it more of a turn 4 or 5 drop. It kills Cliques, Demigods, Figures, et cetera so it is not to be overlooked. It is the only option that does not gain us any life though, which is sometimes a problem.

Rhox War Monk has a fat four toughness, lifelink, and a relatively easy casting cost. If you hit more than once you surpass Kitchen Finks in life-gain, but the trade off is this creature will not persist.

Finishers
IMAGE(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v357/Spike_Tribop/beasty.jpg)
As 5color you always have the threat of dropping Cruel Ultimatum, but we usually run an additional two fatties to finish the game for us.

Cloudthresher vs Broodmate vs Ethersworn Adjucator

Cloudthresher is our old star who had his 15minutes but has passed the baton to the next two candidates. His perks were flash, evoke to clear the board against Faeries, and a huge 7/7 body. His cost is extremely restrictive and many have dropped him as he is just not up to snuff and cutting him eases the manabase up so much it just isn't worth keeping him in.

Broodmate Dragon is the current golden boy of 5color finishers as he is 8 power for six mana which is extremely easy to cast and has the added benefit of evasion and splitting up that 8 power between two bodies. Taking two removal spells to get rid of is an amazing attribute to have in any finisher, especially powerful when recurred.

Ethersworn Adjucator is a new toy 5color picked up when the release of Conflux. Originally overlooked by many, pointed out by Avenged_sixfold, this creature offers us a respectable 4/4 body for five with the ability to act as removal and a block given you have the mana to pump into him. A potentially powerful tool, but perhaps too early to tell if he can surpass the double-dragons.

Wogatog wrote:
Mass Removal
Pyroclasm vs Volcanic Fallout vs Firespout vs Wrath of God
Sweepers are a key component of both early game survivability and building incremental card advantage on our way to the late game. Its recommended to play between 6-8 between your maindeck and sideboard.

Pyroclasm saw its time in the spotlight thanks to stopping Figure of Destiny on the 2nd turn, before it can hit 4/4, but it has since rotated out in favor of more powerful cards.

Volcanic Fallout is slightly more expensive and instant speed Pyroclasm cant keep the Figure from reaching 4/4, but its ability to sweep at the end-of-turn combined with the uncounterability against Fae are what have pushed it to become the primary cheap sweeper of 5cc.

Firespout generally doesnt see play anymore as it cant compete with the instant Volcanic Fallout, and the only relevant things it hits that the Fallout cant are Reveillark and Cloudgoat Ranger.

Wrath of God is is the big one that handles everything. It doesnt care about toughness, protection from red, or anything like that.

Spot Removal
Path to Exile vs Condemn vs Terror vs Plumeveil
Sometimes there is just a single creature that needs to be taken care of. While there is not an overall consensus on which are optimal, lists generally run from as few as 2 to as many as 6, though 3 or 4 seems to be the most common number.

Path to Exile is the new poster-boy of standard removal. It hits just about anything at instant speed and removes it from the game. The drawback is not to be overlooked, as it powers them into their heavy hitters (Reveillark and Siege-Gang Commander come to mind). Overall the consensus is that an unconditional removal spell for just one mana is worth the drawbacks.

Condemn serves a similar function as Path to Exile, but more conditional as it has to be played during their attack phase. It also prevents the target from going to the graveyard, but putting it on the bottom of the library isnt as good as removing it from the game entirely.

[b]Terror[b] is close to Path to Exile, but instead of giving them the free land it cant hit Fulminator Mage, Chameleon Colossus, Demigod of Revenge, Shambling Remains, etc. Unlike Condemn and Path to Exile, Terror lets it go straight to the graveyard for Reveillark and persist shenanigans.

[b]Sample Decklists[/b]
sBlocked for convenience.
Show

Patrick Chapin wrote:
Creatures
2 Broodmate Dragon
2 Cloudthresher
4 Mulldrifter
3 Plumeveil

Other Spells
3 Broken Ambitions
4 Cryptic Command
4 Esper Charm
1 Courier's Capsule
2 Path To Exile
1 Terror
3 Volcanic Fallout
1 Ajani Vengeant
2 Cruel Ultimatum
2 Wrath Of God

Lands
3 Island
2 Cascade Bluffs
2 Flooded Grove
2 Mystic Gate
4 Reflecting Pool
1 Sunken Ruins
2 Vivid Crag
4 Vivid Creek
2 Vivid Marsh
4 Vivid Meadow

Spike_Tribop wrote:
4x Mulldrifter
4x Kitchen Finks
2x Broodmate Dragon
-
4x Cryptic Command
4x Esper Charm
4x Path to Exile
4x Broken Ambitions
3x Volcanic Fallout
3x Wrath of God
2x Cruel Ultimatum
-
4x Reflecting Pool
4x Vivid Creek
3x Vivid Meadow
3x Vivid Marsh
2x Jungle Shrine
3x Cascade Bluff
3x Sunken Ruin
2x Mystic Gate
2x Island

Gabriel Nassif wrote:
//Creatures
3 Broodmate Dragon
4 Mulldrifter
3 Plumeveil
3 Wall of Reverence
//Other Spells
4 Broken Ambitions
1 Celestial Purge
2 Cruel Ultimatum
4 Cryptic Command
4 Esper Charm
1 Pithing Needle
1 Terror
4 Volcanic Fallout
//Lands
2 Cascade Bluffs
2 Exotic Orchard
3 Island
1 Mystic Gate
4 Reflecting Pool
4 Sunken Ruins
2 Vivid Crag
4 Vivid Creek
3 Vivid Marsh
2 Vivid Meadow

avenged_sixfold wrote:
// Lands
4 [LRW] Vivid Creek
4 [SHM] Reflecting Pool
2 [SHM] Mystic Gate
2 [SHM] Sunken Ruins
3 [10E] Island (3)
2 [LRW] Vivid Marsh
2 [LRW] Vivid Meadow
1 [IA] Sulfurous Springs
2 [ALA] Jungle Shrine
2 [EVE] Cascade Bluffs
2 [ALA] Arcane Sanctum

// Creatures
4 [LRW] Mulldrifter
4 [SHM] Kitchen Finks
1 [ALA] Ajani Vengeant
1 [LRW] Liliana Vess
2 [CON] Ethersworn Adjudicator

// Spells
2 [8E] Wrath of God
4 [LRW] Cryptic Command
2 [ALA] Cruel Ultimatum
4 [ALA] Esper Charm
3 [LRW] Broken Ambitions
3 [CON] Volcanic Fallout
1 [CON] Banefire
3 [CON] Path to Exile

How to Build a Manabase
The shell of the manabase is as follows:
4 Reflecting Pool
4 Vivid Creek
2 Mystic Gate
2 Island

From there one generally wants to run about 10 to 12 Vivid Lands, playing more than that leaves you with too many CIPT lands.
Additionally, the Shardlands have had a slight impact making things easier for us as we try and set up ~3 different sets of mana turn three.
UWB, UWG, and 1RR, and still be able to produce 1UUU and 2WW the following turn. Jungle Shrine is the most popular of them at the moment.
Usually 6 to 8 filters is enough to consistently get your manabase up and running without getting three filter mulligan hands.

Exotic Orchard is a new option from Conflux that is entirely metagame dependent. Currently the metagame is heavily influenced by Boat Brew and Faeries and as such Exotic Orchard is usually either a Plateau or Underground Sea which, while a bit unreliable in the first three turns makes it a solid turn four land drop - allowing Fallout, Wrath, and Cryptic - all being key spells.

This is a work under construction and will be updated as new developments unfold.
There's a difference between knowing the path and walking the path.
Excellent start to the thread.

Possibly a section on creature removal (one section for spot removal (Terror, Path to Exile, Condemn, etc) and one for sweepers (Volcanic Fallout, Wrath of God, Pyroclasm, etc)) would be good.

Otherwise a fantastic primer/intro post thing.
Thanks. I believe I fixed the above points.

I still have a matchups, removal, and to an extent SB blurb in the works.
This is just all I'm putting up for this afternoon.
I liked my Gambleland better, personally.
Needs more sblocks. Other than that, great.
Looks Great. Hopefully as much will get done in this thread as did in the last.
Here's a banner I made...

IMAGE(http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/6897/5cckr5.jpg)

...it's not great but oh well.
I'd say Rhox War Monk has a relatively -difficult- casting cost, in that it is relative to the other two options, which have easier to achieve casting costs (Plumeveil's UUU is easier to reach than GWU). This isn't a critique on you specifically; multiple people in the last thread mentioned Rhox War Monk's casting cost as a positive aspect, if I recall correctly.

Other than that, love the thread. I normally don't care about the banners and nonsense, but this one is really nice. The quotation is also a very nice touch.
Looks really good Spike. Very professional.

Something i've been considering for awhile, that should be included on 5cc threads is an explanation of what to play-when. For example: If a fae player has a BB in hand, and you have Esper Charm+thread in hand... and you get thoughtseized... what do you do? Just as a game-plan.

How cards are played, and when they are played can really alter the 5cc deck. If not played right, it can lose to nearly any deck.
So, I was really intrigued by Flores idea of bringing back true Domain decks with Worldly Counsel, et all...should we collaborate on a new thread, or is this to place to incorporate discussion of that idea?
To be honest, I don't know why you would. None of the current available Domain cards are worth playing besides Counsel, and a Basic-supported manabase is just worse than the technicolour yawn that Vivid-Reflecting-Filters permit you.

You have nothing to gain by running Domain, and everything to lose. Maybe once the Lorwyn stuff disappears.
To be honest, I don't know why you would. None of the current available Domain cards are worth playing besides Counsel, and a Basic-supported manabase is just worse than the technicolour yawn that Vivid-Reflecting-Filters permit you.

You have nothing to gain by running Domain, and everything to lose. Maybe once the Lorwyn stuff disappears.

If shocklands came back, would it work?

EDIT: I could at least see Might of Alara, Voices from the Void, and Exploding Borders being useful, and even Matca Rioters would usually come down as a 3/3 for three and get bigger.
So, I was really intrigued by Flores idea of bringing back true Domain decks with Worldly Counsel, et all...should we collaborate on a new thread, or is this to place to incorporate discussion of that idea?

I think running enough basics to support Domain and that entire mechanic would water the deck down and overall slow it by two if not three turns. Worldly Counsel is great in limited, but for the moment that is all.

edit: If 11th and the coming sets allow this archetype to continue on and Shocklands are reintroduced to standard then we will look at it then.
Make sure to mention that the generally accepted line of play against Faeries is not to Esper Charm their Blossom.
Make sure to mention that the generally accepted line of play against Faeries is not to Esper Charm their Blossom.

Why is this? I've heard from many say that if you don't get a turn 3/4 Esper charm, and they've landed a turn 2 bloom - you will lose 90% of the time.

Is this new idea because of Banefire?

I think running enough basics to support Domain and that entire mechanic would water the deck down and overall slow it by two if not three turns. Worldly Counsel is great in limited, but for the moment that is all.

edit: If 11th and the coming sets allow this archetype to continue on and Shocklands are reintroduced to standard then we will look at it then.

Unless they reprint Shock and fetch/Cipt/filter lands.. this archetype will fall back to bi/tri color.
DP, sorry.
The thing is, Faeries should never play double Blossom against you (or in the large majority of situations, for that matter), so all Blossoms past the first are dead cards for them. Blowing it up turns those blanks into gas. Also, Blossom puts them on a clock that you can use against them - especially with Banefire - by tapping their guys, sweeping them, etc.
The thing is, Faeries should never play double Blossom against you (or in the large majority of situations, for that matter), so all Blossoms past the first are dead cards for them. Blowing it up turns those blanks into gas. Also, Blossom puts them on a clock that you can use against them - especially with Banefire - by tapping their guys, sweeping them, etc.

Isn't control's main enemy.... creatures? Thus, why we have so many answers for them? and finally, for them to produce 1/1 Evasive creatures, every-turn, is bad for us?
Isn't control's main enemy.... creatures? Thus, why we have so many answers for them? and finally, for them to produce 1/1 Evasive creatures, every-turn, is bad for us?

The moment you place that bloom down, the clock is ticking againts you. Your top-decking skills rally come in handy at that point. teehee

They put themselves on a clock with Bitterblossom, and you should be able to control the swarm via Wrath of God, Pyroclasm, Volcanic Fallout, Cryptic Command, Jund Charm, etc.
The moment you place that bloom down, the clock is ticking againts you. Your top-decking skills rally come in handy at that point. teehee

I dunno.. I think losing 1 life a turn, to force you opponent to lose 1 life cumulatively a turn, is a good trade - especially when your entire deck is designed to work with that card, and making it stronger.

They put themselves on a clock with Bitterblossom, and you should be able to control the swarm via Wrath of God, Pyroclasm, Volcanic Fallout, Cryptic Command, Jund Charm, etc.

That is always suppose to be the case.. but it usually ends up not being so. Even with 1 , 1/1 flier out, with a noob stick in play.. it's a giant threat.
Hey guys, Nice opening to the site.

As for going Domain, I don't think it's a good time right now for it. I don't disagree that we'll need to work on easing into basics again, because all we're getting from Shards, as far as multicolored lands, is the Shardlands and the Orchard and other randoms. There's no way to support such a wide variety of colors with basic searching and small filter lands. Either the deck will totally crumble, or it's going to go totally different direction. I don't think we're in a position to predict the meta and/or cards to replace what we're running right now.

As for the cards w/ domain, or cards associated with multiple land types (the 5 color cards from Conflux), none are warrent to change the deck. I'm working on a Progenitus 5 color EDH deck and I was looking at all the 'domain' cards, and other than Exploding Boarders and Worldly Counsil, I wouldn't run any of them.

-Yawg
So, how's the banner I made?
That is always suppose to be the case.. but it usually ends up not being so. Even with 1 , 1/1 flier out, with a noob stick in play.. it's a giant threat.

Please tell me you're not losing to their occasional 1-of n00bstick that should not ever be sided or kept in for Game 2.
You basically risk them having another BB in hand. If they do, the aforementioned used-to-be-dead-card-in-hand suddenly becomes gas. However, if they do not have another BB in hand, you just killed the engine to the deck. Mind you they don't need it to win, but it sure as hell helps them more than if they did not have it. I personally would jump on the chance to shut down a large threat source of their deck.

If they do have another in hand, this just allows you an easier time resolving your RWM, Kitchen Finks or what have you.
Sorry, bout the late post.

Bitter blossom can be taken care of. Bitterblossom along with all the interactions is the hard part. I think that if you can handle the blossom tokens, you can use the life loss to get your opponent down low enough for a Broodmate or a Banefire. the problem is this: if your hand is not good enough to deal with stuff, I WOULD suggest taking out the Blossom with Esper Charm. If you have a Volcanic Fallout in hand, you can always respond to a Mistbind by sweeping... If a Mistbind's already hit play, and DIDN'T Champion the Blossom, you can sneak in a wrath, or a Fallout piggybacked by a PtE for the Clique and use that EoT Charm on his Blossom if it's going to be that annoying. It really all depends on your hand.

I'd say, rule of thumb, don't use the Esper Charm on a Bitterblossom unless you have to. Use it for discard or draw first, then if you really can't handle the tokens (or if you don't have some sort of sweep in the opening hand or first few draws) take out the BB.

-Yawg
@ handling Bittleblossom when against Fae, I think its hand dependant. If you have a good hand that can stave off the assault for 10-12 turns (Banefire range, when you take into account painlands, Volcanic Fallout, Countersqualls if you run em) you let the Blossom live, and use the Esper Charm for its card advantage portions. Banefire is such a powerful threat against them, it gives you the long-game inevitability.

Basic lands beyond Islands have no place in this deck. I spent a while experimenting with a Terramorphic Expanse and Panorama fueled basic-land manabase, and you could usually cast whatever you wanted on turn 3, but you couldnt turn around and cast what you wanted to on turn 4. All the spells have such radically different costs basic lands just dont work. You need 1RR one turn then 1UUU or 2WW next turn. It just doesnt work without the Vivids.

Edit: Pretty much beaten to it by Yawg, but I disagree with the last part. You either deal with the Blossom on turn 3, OR you let it live to kill them for you. You have to do your best to judge where the game is going based on the 2 lands they've played (any manlands?), what you think is in their hand, and your own hand. You gotta try and see into the future in regards on what to do about the Blossom now.
Edit2: Reread what Yawg said and I pretty much agree entirely.
Please tell me you're not losing to their occasional 1-of n00bstick that should not ever be sided or kept in for Game 2.

Sure did. Have lost to that twice, in my past 3 fae rounds.

@everyone: So, this entire census is banking on you drawing your Banefire and it not getting Thoughtseized ? So, every 5cc should run 2 Banefire? no question?!......
I would reccomend 3 between MD and sideboard, so even if they do Thoughtsieze you there is a decent chance of you drawing one later. At the same time 4 Volcanic Fallout between MD and side lets you defeat their manlands along with all their lil critters while accelerating your Banefire clock.
Great, great thread. I like the banner, btw, not too cluttered and classy. If you'd like a new one I can try it if you want.
NO ONE EXPECTS THE QUAGSIRE INSURRECTION! My SUPER AWESOME GregtheEgg lightning bolt: http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm284/fengairen2/Scan.png pmppostchandraversion.png
Wow the new thread looks amazing; it's one of the best I've seen. The banner is good too although I think some of the choices should have been different. (vivid creek over fallout)

I'm responsible for doing the matchup information, and I promise that it will be top-notch.
There needs to be a section on Vivid Creek quotes. And we need to make more.

"The card Jamie just drew was Vivid Creek, and I think he might be up it."

-Brian David-Marshall, Worlds 2008 Finals

And the lands need a separate banner from the spells.
There needs to be a section on Vivid Creek quotes. And we need to make more.

"The card Jamie just drew was Vivid Creek, and I think he might be up it."

-Brian David-Marshall, Worlds 2008 Finals

And the lands need a separate banner from the spells.

Vivid Creek is not just a land; it's a way of life.

But seriously, when's the next big Standard tournament? Is the next SCG one before Kyoto? I would check myself but SCG.com won't load =[.
Vivid Creek is not just a land; it's a way of life.

But seriously, when's the next big Standard tournament? Is the next SCG one before Kyoto? I would check myself but SCG.com won't load =[.

In exactly two weeks, Richmond SCG 5k.

There is a LOT of SCG 5ks this year. Ten or so. Also the good/bad news is Chris Woltereck will definitely play 5-color control in all of them, probably winning 6-7 of them. I plan on winning the other three.
I'm thinking about running this deck over Boat Brew tomorrow for FNM, but if I can't swing this sideboard, I'm going back to it. Now, I was talking to a friend about this decks side, and the matchups I'll be facing tomrrow. My meta is full of jank decks including a mono black Rogue deck, RG Troll Ascetic/Colossus deck and some weird enchantment based deck. The main bulk of my meta is BR Midrange (Goblins/Blightning/etc) and Kithkin. there's no Fae decks and only one other 5CC. Take a look and see if there's anything should I add or take out.

3 Ajani Vengeant
1 Banefire
3 Celestial Purge
1 Path to Exile
2 Mind Shatter
3 Swerve
2 Wrath of God

-Yawg
I'm thinking about running this deck over Boat Brew tomorrow for FNM, but if I can't swing this sideboard, I'm going back to it. Now, I was talking to a friend about this decks side, and the matchups I'll be facing tomrrow. My meta is full of jank decks including a mono black Rogue deck, RG Troll Ascetic/Colossus deck and some weird enchantment based deck. The main bulk of my meta is BR Midrange (Goblins/Blightning/etc) and Kithkin. there's no Fae decks and only one other 5CC. Take a look and see if there's anything should I add or take out.

3 Ajani Vengeant
1 Banefire
3 Celestial Purge
1 Path to Exile
2 Mind Shatter
3 Swerve
2 Wrath of God

-Yawg

The 1 Path seems random. What do you bring it in against? Fae?

I'd like to see Liliana Vess in the sideboard since you are running Banefire. I prefer Wild Ricochet over Swerve, but that's just preference I guess. Mind Shatter could be a potential problem if people do start playing Swerve and Ricochet, but you can play around those. I do like V-Clique as a side/main card if you want to try her out.
In exactly two weeks, Richmond SCG 5k.

There is a LOT of SCG 5ks this year. Ten or so. Also the good/bad news is Chris Woltereck will definitely play 5-color control in all of them, probably winning 6-7 of them. I plan on winning the other three.

Good, then this deck will be the undisputed champion (because we all know that it's going to win Kyoto as well).

@ Yawg's SB: Swerve? I don't like that. But if it's been good for you, then keep it.
The 1 Path seems random. What do you bring it in against? Fae?

I'd like to see Liliana Vess in the sideboard since you are running Banefire. I prefer Wild Ricochet over Swerve, but that's just preference I guess. Mind Shatter could be a potential problem if people do start playing Swerve and Ricochet, but you can play around those. I do like V-Clique as a side/main card if you want to try her out.

As for PtE and the 3rd Swerve they were just 2 empty spots. The Swerves were for Banefires, and other targets like Blightning. There's a lot of fun targets to swap, and yes, i'd run Wild Ricochet if I had any. If I aquire any, i'll swap them. Until then, i'll run Swerves.

The PtE in the side is just a random. If you could help me out there, it'd be cool.

As for the Liliana comment, were you suggesting I put in the 2nd Banefire and move the Liliana to the side? if that's the case, I'd rather just take it out entirely and add another open spot to the sideboard. I don't know why you wouldn't want her in there though. She'll allow you to make constant discard on top of being able to tutor for your finisher cards.

-Yawg
Wow the new thread looks amazing; it's one of the best I've seen. The banner is good too although I think some of the choices should have been different. (vivid creek over fallout)

I'm responsible for doing the matchup information, and I promise that it will be top-notch.

Actually, I would have put Cryptic Command in the pile, and then have the Vivid Creek artwork making up the backdrop.
why did u guys make a new 5cc thread if there was already 1 made?
The rule is that once a thread gets 1000+ pages, it's summarised and reinvented.