Mono Black Rogue Aggro

1438 posts / 0 new
Last post

IMAGE(http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a356/benjermanm/MBRA.jpg)

IMAGE(http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d62/OMFGPIE/B_Divider.gif)

IMAGE(http://resources.wizards.com/Magic/Cards/MOR/EN/Card152648.jpg)IMAGE(http://resources.wizards.com/Magic/Cards/MOR/EN/Card153135.jpg)IMAGE(http://resources.wizards.com/Magic/Cards/MOR/EN/Card152917.jpg)

[size=7]Why Mono Black Rogues?[/size]
Mono Black Rogues are very fun to use, and incredibly fast. And the deck itself has an extremely solid manabase, requiring only swamps, and any colorless only producing lands like mutavault are extremely easy to use without messing up your manabase. Also, most of the creatures have evasion, and the one's that don't have crazy abilities (like recursion, searching through an opponents library and removing 3 cards from the game, buffing the rest of your rogues, etc.) And the rogues themselves are very cheap, maxing out at 3 if you pay the prowl cost, which leads to fast games. Any deck that doesn't have some way of handling your early game will die before they get to mid game. The different builds have different speeds and some are designed for midgame so they don't run out of steam too fast, but still, the rogues will be a pain for pretty much any deck you play against.

Card Choices

Show

Lands
Show

Swamp: Your classic black mana producer.
Mutavault: A land, a creature. it enables prowl, and can be used to do that last bit of damage. it's also not too bad on the manabase for this deck, since almost everything takes only 1 black mana, and the rest colorless

Creatures
Show

Prickly Boggart: A 1/1 evasive creature for 1. A great prowl enabler.

Nightshade Stinger: A 1/1 evasive creature for one. Great for prowl.

Oona's prowler: A 3/1 flier for 2 with a small drawback of letting your opponent debuff it a little for one card.

Squeaking Pie Sneak: Can work in a rogue deck with a lot of goblins,

Frogtosser banneret: Makes things cheaper, if you get it out early it can be devastating(3 two drops on turn 3.)

Oona's Blackguard: Makes every rogue that comes into play after this into almost a hypnotic specter. And it buffs them. and this card itself has evasion. And it only costs 2 mana.

Dunerider Outlaw: Good against any green deck, but is probably sideboard material.

Auntie's Snitch: A non-evasive rogue that keeps coming back as long as you keep doing damage and it has prowl.

Stinkdrinker Bandit: Gives a global +2/+1 buff for all of your creatures that aren’t blocked. For it’s prowl cost it’s very good. The only downside is that it’s a creature and it only has one toughness, so it dies easily.

Marsh Flitter: 3 rogues for 4 mana. Is better with global buffs like Stinkdrinker Bandit, Bad Moon, and Oona’s Blackguard.

Earwig Squad: A 5/3 for 3 that lets you get rid of wog's or whatever major threat your opponent may have. A great card.

Shriekmaw: A good removal card, or a good creature + removal card. Only drawback is it isn’t a rogue, and it can only target nonblack creatures.

Artifacts and Enchantments
Show

Bitterblossom: Gives you a 1/1 token with flying each of your upkeeps at the cost of one life. Only real drawback is the life loss.

Bad Moon: Can toughen up your creatures to survive through burn. Otherwise a Pyroclasm can wipe out almost every creature in the deck.

Cloak and dagger: A great card because of the free equip for rogues. Good with stinkdrinker so he can survive long enough for the rest of the team to do lethal damage.

Other Spells
Show

Thoughtseize Good early discard. Only drawback is the life loss.

Distress An easier to get version of thoughtseize for one more mana.

Nameless Inversion: Great removal, and if you use the banneret it only costs 1 mana.

Terror: Cheap removal. Only drawback is it won’t work against black creatures or artifact creatures.

Morsel Theft: A “Lightning Helix” that can only work on players. It lets you draw a card, and it’s life loss, so it can get past story circle and other damage preventers.

Noggin Whack Good cheap efficient discard.

Decklists
Show

Patrick Chapin's Mono-Black Rogues
w4ffl35's Deck
Show

[Deck= Sammy J Aggro]
Lands - 22
4*Mutavault
18*Swamp

Creatures - 25
3*Nightshade Stinger
4*Oona's Prowler
4*Oona's Blackguard
4*Stinkdrinker Bandit
3*Prickly Boggart
4*Earwig Squad
3*Frogtosser Banneret

Spells -13
4*Nameless Inversion
4*Morsel Theft
3*Bad Moon
2*Profane Command

Sideboard - 15
3*Noggin Whack
3*Bitterblossom
3*Deathmark
3*Dunerider Outlaw
3*Shriekmaw
[/deck]

Doom.Exe's Deck
Show

[deck=Mono Barack Rogue AggrObama]
Creatures -- 21
4*Earwig Squad
4*Prickly Boggart
3*Stinkdrinker Bandit
4*Nightshade Stinger
3*Marsh Flitter
3*Frogtosser Banneret

Other Spells -- 16
4*Bad Moon
4*Morsel Theft
4*Nameless Inversion
2*Thoughtseize
2*Bitterblossom

Lands -- 23
19*Swamp
4*Mutavault

SIDEBOARD
2*Thoughtseize
2*Bitterblossom
4*Tendrils of Corruption
4*Dunerider Outlaw
3*Footbottom Feast [/deck]

Matchups
Show

Many more are being tested. I'll update this to match my logs every so often

Goblins: Seemed to go about 50/50, more testing is needed. This seems to be a bad matchup for us so far, they have plenty of removal to handle early prowl enablers.Earwigging their Wort and/or their Gargodon seemed to work pretty well, you can't reliably earwig them twice in one game though, but when you do, you can pretty much tell what's in their hand. You need to make them run out of steam, or race them with an early flier with the equipment on it. Bitterblossom was ridiculously helpful in this matchup.

Mirror Match: Whoever went first, or got prowl going first usually won

Elementals: Completely destroyed before they could go too crazy, need more testing to be sure about this matchup.

Green/Blue Control: Completely destroyed over and over. I think it's a really good matchup, since they have no mass removal.

Teachings: Won a few times against it, more testing is needed though.

Elves: Won. by a lot. they couldn't really handle rogues at all. after sideboarding in duneriders, they usually die quickly game 2.

Turbofog: A very bad matchup for us. Early discard is one of the only things we can do about it.

Dragonstorm: Maybe one of our hardest matchups. you need to go as fast as you can, and you need targeted discard. And if you can get an earwig off you get rid of 3 of the dragons, you still need to go fast. That deck after sideboarding is brutal. Pyroclasm and stuff like that can tear you apart. More testing is needed, other than thoughtseize and earwig, there isn't a whole lot we can do. This deck has tons and tons of cheap removal cards. Cloak and Dagger could possibly keep an evasive guy alive.

Doran Rock- It really depends on the kind of mbra deck you're using. some versions of the deck destroyed Doran, others died to it. speed is the key here, and eyeblights ending is important too.

Blink- It was pretty close. More testing is needed.

Skred Red- It depends on if you can win before stuffy gets out. The artifact creatures that block fear are incredibly annoying. So is all the removal. If you get going fast enough you win. Speed is definately the key here.

Deck Doctor:hunt5037

Special Thanks to:
Doom.exe and w4ffl35 for helping me with massive amounts of playtesting since a little before the pre-release.
And to everyone else that we've played against.
And to Hodoku for the dividers.
And Akira Everhate for the banner.

If there's something I've overlooked, please, tell me. I'll update here as often as I can. Any comments or suggestions are appreciated. and if you want to playtest with me, send me a private message. thanks.
22 Land
4 x Mutavault
18 x Swamp

23 Creature
4 x Nightshade Stinger
4 x Prickly Boggart
4 x Oona's Prowler
4 x Frogtosser Banneret
4 x Stinkdrinker Bandit
3 x Earwig Squad

15 Spell
4 x Nameless Inversion
4 x Thoughtseize
1 x Distress
3 x Morsel Theft
4 x Bad Moon

Sideboard
4 x Noggin Whack
1 x Morself Theft
1 x Earwig Squad
2 x Distress
3 x Bitterblossom
4 x Deathmark

This is what I'm going to try out for monoblack Rogue Aggro.

Thoughtseize is an absolute must, especially with Chameleon Colossus coming out. I've actually included 1 Distress main and 2 in the side as extra protection against this. Thoughtseize/Distress is also your best bet against mass removal like Wrathnation or Pyroclasm.

Mutavault is undeniably good, of course, and it's about friggin' time that mono-black got a playable man land.

I think the 8 EVASIVE 1-drop critters is what makes this deck awesome. It helps guarantee prowl mechanics while maintaining great tempo. The one-drops also synergize beautifully with the mass pump like Bad Moon and Stinkdrinker Bandit.

Bad Moon is totally fundamental in a mono-black weenie deck, which is basically what Black Rogue is. The fact that we get to run it alongside Stinkdrinker for even more pump is simply phenomenal.
was thinking a u/b rogue with only 5 blue cards 4mulldrifter and 1Notorious Throng with 2 bitterblossom wat u guys think of my build? ^^

like:
creatures: 21
3 prickly boggart
4 oona's blackguard
3 oona's prowler
3 frogtosser banneret
4 stinkdrinker bandit
4 mulldrifter

spells: 18
2 bad moon
2 bitterblossom
1 Notorious Throng
4 morsel theft
3 noggin whack
4 nameless inversion
2 cloak and dagger

lands: 21
2 secluded glen
5 island
14 swamp
Madmagemax: Hmm, I don't think I even considered the colossus in playtesting. I believe you've got some good reasons for running discard instead of more removal or creatures, but when you've got such a low curve, is the banneret really necessary? For the same cost you could get a Blackguard or Snitch's prowl cost, which I think are better choices.

chaosraider: First of all, You can't really run two colors and call it a mono deck. besides that, there's no reason not to run 4 prickly and 4 stingers in a rogue deck. Also I'd up the count of throng to 2 or 3, drop the banneret to 2, and put in 2 more secluded glen and 4 River of Tears. I'd also drop either the morsel thefts or the noggin whacks for counters of some sort. Lastly, I think a deck like that fits better under Faerie-Rogue than it does under MBRA.
I've been running MBA for some time now, and Thoughtseize is just plain awesome. I've cleared many wraths that would have otherwise jammed me up, and when I've got beatdown advantage over another aggro deck, I typically use Thoughtseize get removal out of their hand to make sure it stays that way. It can often clear an early Doran, too.

Another reason to consider running Bad Moon is that Stinkdrinker won't affect your board the turn you play him unless you pay 4 mana for him. Bad Moon can be played 1st main phase to immediately give your critters the extra damage and toughness. While it's effect is not as powerful as Stinkdrinker's, it is faster in terms of tempo, and it's also harder for the opponent to remove.

Actually, the biggest reason I've included Frogtosser is because of the Haste. Being able to follow up Stinkdrinker Bandit with a hasted Rogue is pretty awesome, and it gets around Stinkdrinker's primary flaw. *sigh* If only Nether Traitor were a rogue....
I've been running MBA for some time now, and Thoughtseize is just plain awesome. I've cleared many wraths that would have otherwise jammed me up, and when I've got beatdown advantage over another aggro deck, I typically use Thoughtseize get removal out of their hand to make sure it stays that way. It can often clear an early Doran, too.

Another reason to consider running Bad Moon is that Stinkdrinker won't affect your board the turn you play him unless you pay 4 mana for him. Bad Moon can be played 1st main phase to immediately give your critters the extra damage and toughness. While it's effect is not as powerful as Stinkdrinker's, it is faster in terms of tempo, and it's also harder for the opponent to remove.

Actually, the biggest reason I've included Frogtosser is because of the Haste. Being able to follow up Stinkdrinker Bandit with a hasted Rogue is pretty awesome, and it gets around Stinkdrinker's primary flaw. *sigh* If only Nether Traitor were a rogue....

God if only he was! Anyways i think that bad moon is good but both, bitterblossom and cloak and dagger are better. So it may have a hard time getting a slot.
Heres my take

Sb is a little whacky, but i think the rest is pretty solid.

Glad to see you MadgMagemax.... I remember you from the old mono black aggro thread... Thoughtseize is a great card... I'm just not using it because of how expensive it is in real life... I really don't like the banneret that much myself... it just seems a little pointless to lower the cost, when instead you could be massively pumping your creatures, or playing another threatening creature... I'm not saying it's bad... I just don't like it that much..

Thanks for the decklists people, keep em coming! I wanna see as many good variations as possible...
You missed thoughseize and urborg, tomb of yawgmoth... turn 2 banneret, turn 3 bitterblossom, blackguard, oona's prowler ain't gonna happen if you have mutavaults. 2-of urborg has worked out great for me.

Shriekmaw is better than terror, and nameless inversion has little tribal interaction anyways - you'd end up wanting to use eyeblight's ending instead. Lastly, dunerider outlaw is awesome (seeing as 70% of all decks run green these days and it works with oona's blackguard), and so is bad moon... bitterblossom tokens are just that much scarier if they're 2/2's or 3/3's. Look at it as stinkdrinker bandit 5-8. Curve is also very important, you want to empty your hand turn 3-4.

Rogue Rack requires a different strategy, less beatdown and rogues, more focused discard (augur of skulls, distress over bitterblossom, morsel theft).
You missed thoughseize and urborg, tomb of yawgmoth... turn 2 banneret, turn 3 bitterblossom, blackguard, oona's prowler ain't gonna happen if you have mutavaults. 2-of urborg has worked out great for me.

Shriekmaw is better than terror, and nameless inversion has little tribal interaction anyways - you'd end up wanting to use eyeblight's ending instead. Lastly, dunerider outlaw is awesome (seeing as 70% of all decks run green these days and it works with oona's blackguard), and so is bad moon... bitterblossom tokens are just that much scarier if they're 2/2's or 3/3's. Look at it as stinkdrinker bandit 5-8. Curve is also very important, you want to empty your hand turn 3-4.

Rogue Rack requires a different strategy, less beatdown and rogues, more focused discard (augur of skulls, distress over bitterblossom, morsel theft).

I haven't had much problem at all with getting enough black mana... i really don't think urborg is needed... I'll try it out though...
Dunerider works against green, but i'd use it for sideboard... inversion isn't for the tribal interaction, it's for cheap removal...
And you don't always want to empty your hand, against a deck with WoG or Damnation, you can play a bitterblossom and hold back a little bit... then if they do use a WoG effect, you can punish them the next turn...

Oh and by the way, the banneret doesn't reduce the cost of bitterblossom... so you've been playing it wrong if you have actually played a bitterblossom and two other 2 drops on turn 3 after playing the banneret turn 2...
I've been playtesting against RG Wariors, RG Shammans, UB Rogues, and MG Elves. My decklist has a 6-5 record ATM, and has gone some changes. I find that Stromgald Crusader fits very nicely in the SB, even if he's not a rogue. He's great, especially against MW Kithkin decks and as an anti-oblivion ring creature. This guy single-handedly keeps Thoughtweft Trio, Kinsbaile Borderguard, Knight of Meadowgrain, and Preeminent Captain at bay.
i've built a mono b rogue deck and it's been having a really good time against other decks. here it is

18 swamp
2 mutavault

4 nightshade stinger
4 prickly boggart
4 oona's blackguard
4 oona's prowler
4 frogtosser banneret
4 stinkdrinker bandit
3 earwig squad

4 morsel theft
4 noggin whack
3 nameless inversion
2 cloak and dagger

i think my deck needs more removal but i don't know what cards to take away. the deck has been doing fine as it is. what do you think, should i leave it as it is or if i change it, what cards should i remove/add?

my deck runs out of steam sometimes and i'm having trouble with creatures that are bigger than mine.
bump!
i've built a mono b rogue deck and it's been having a really good time against other decks. here it is

18 swamp
2 mutavault

4 nightshade stinger
4 prickly boggart
4 oona's blackguard
4 oona's prowler
4 frogtosser banneret
4 stinkdrinker bandit
3 earwig squad

4 morsel theft
4 noggin whack
3 nameless inversion
2 cloak and dagger

i think my deck needs more removal but i don't know what cards to take away. the deck has been doing fine as it is. what do you think, should i leave it as it is or if i change it, what cards should i remove/add?

my deck runs out of steam sometimes and i'm having trouble with creatures that are bigger than mine.

Ok... First thing.... I'd recommend taking Noggin whack out, and putting in a shriekmaw or thoughtseize or some kind of targeted removal or discard that lets you see their entire hand and choose...
And i'd think about going up to 22 lands, It's just worked better for me in testing... and if you still have problems with your creatures being too small compared to your opponent's creatures, i'd use a bad moon, and take out either a few creatures, or a few of some non-creature spells, depending on the balance you like... I'd try to keep over 20 creatures though... Hope this helps...
And if you constantly keep running out of steam, i'd really consider using Auntie's Snitch, which can keep coming back over and over....(and be replayed for 2...) which can get ridiculous with any kind of buffs at all...
Ok... First thing.... I'd recommend taking Noggin whack out, and putting in a shriekmaw or thoughtseize or some kind of targeted removal or discard that lets you see their entire hand and choose...
And i'd think about going up to 22 lands, It's just worked better for me in testing... and if you still have problems with your creatures being too small compared to your opponent's creatures, i'd use a bad moon, and take out either a few creatures, or a few of some non-creature spells, depending on the balance you like... I'd try to keep over 20 creatures though... Hope this helps...
And if you constantly keep running out of steam, i'd really consider using Auntie's Snitch, which can keep coming back over and over....(and be replayed for 2...) which can get ridiculous with any kind of buffs at all...

ok here goes:

8 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=swamp" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=swamp">swamp</a>
4 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=mutavault" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=mutavault">mutavault</a>

4 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=nightshade+stinger" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=nightshade+stinger">nightshade stinger</a>
4 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=prickly+boggart" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=prickly+boggart">prickly boggart</a>
4 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=oona%27s+blackguard" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=oona%27s+blackguard">oona's blackguard</a>
4 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=oona%27s+prowler" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=oona%27s+prowler">oona's prowler</a>
4 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=stinkdrinker+bandit" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=stinkdrinker+bandit">stinkdrinker bandit</a>
4 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=earwig+squad" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=earwig+squad">earwig squad</a>

4 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=morsel+theft" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=morsel+theft">morsel theft</a>
4 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=noggin+whack" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=noggin+whack">noggin whack</a>
4 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=nameless+inversion" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=nameless+inversion">nameless inversion</a>
2 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=cloak+and+dagger" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=cloak+and+dagger">cloak and dagger</a>

-4 bannerets

+1 nameless inversion
+1 earwig squad
+2 mutavaults

i didn't add thoughtsieze bcuz i can't afford them that's why i won't take the noggin whacks out. if i put in shriekmaw what will i take out?

any more suggestions?
ok here goes:

8 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=swamp" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=swamp">swamp</a>
4 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=mutavault" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=mutavault">mutavault</a>

4 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=nightshade+stinger" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=nightshade+stinger">nightshade stinger</a>
4 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=prickly+boggart" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=prickly+boggart">prickly boggart</a>
4 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=oona%27s+blackguard" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=oona%27s+blackguard">oona's blackguard</a>
4 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=oona%27s+prowler" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=oona%27s+prowler">oona's prowler</a>
4 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=stinkdrinker+bandit" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=stinkdrinker+bandit">stinkdrinker bandit</a>
4 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=earwig+squad" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=earwig+squad">earwig squad</a>

4 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=morsel+theft" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=morsel+theft">morsel theft</a>
4 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=noggin+whack" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=noggin+whack">noggin whack</a>
4 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=nameless+inversion" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=nameless+inversion">nameless inversion</a>
2 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=cloak+and+dagger" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=cloak+and+dagger">cloak and dagger</a>

-4 bannerets

+1 nameless inversion
+1 earwig squad
+2 mutavaults

i didn't add thoughtsieze bcuz i can't afford them that's why i won't take the noggin whacks out. if i put in shriekmaw what will i take out?

any more suggestions?

I really think that you should take noggin whacks out... even if you don't want to use thoughtseize you can use distress... But if you don't want to use that, then i'd put shrieks in instead... I just wouldn't use noggin whack unless you had more of a discard theme, on it's own, distress would get to their actual threats, instead of just the cards they show you... or wait for the threats to come out and hope you can shriekmaw them... I just don't think Noggin whack is that great in a deck that's supposed to be aggresive... it would be better for a rogue/rack deck or something of that nature...
Ok this is my third time posting this deck, can't tell which deck is the "official" mono black rogue aggro thread, but here it is.

3 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=Prickly+Boggart" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=Prickly+Boggart">Prickly Boggart</a>
3 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=Nightshade+Stinger" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=Nightshade+Stinger">Nightshade Stinger</a>
4 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=Frogtosser+Banneret" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=Frogtosser+Banneret">Frogtosser Banneret</a>
3 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=Oona%27s+Blackguard" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=Oona%27s+Blackguard">Oona's Blackguard</a>
4 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=Oona%27s+Prowler" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=Oona%27s+Prowler">Oona's Prowler</a>
4 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=Stinkdrinker+Bandit" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=Stinkdrinker+Bandit">Stinkdrinker Bandit</a>
4 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=Earwig+Squad" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=Earwig+Squad">Earwig Squad</a>

4 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=Morsel+Theft" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=Morsel+Theft">Morsel Theft</a>
3 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=Cloak+and+Dagger" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=Cloak+and+Dagger">Cloak and Dagger</a>
4 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=Nameless+Inversion" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=Nameless+Inversion">Nameless Inversion</a>
2 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=Tendrils+of+Corruption" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=Tendrils+of+Corruption">Tendrils of Corruption</a>

8 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=Swamp" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=Swamp">Swamp</a>
4 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=Mutavault" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=Mutavault">Mutavault</a>
1 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=Urborg%2C+Tomb+of+Yawgmoth" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=Urborg%2C+Tomb+of+Yawgmoth">Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth</a>

[deck=Sideboard]2 x Damnation
2 x Extirpate
4 x Thoughtseize
4 x Dunerider Outlaw
3 x Deathmark[/deck]

Thoughtseize is not MD because I already have six 1-drops which are super important for getting off second turn Prowls.
Ok this is my third time posting this deck, can't tell which deck is the "official" mono black rogue aggro thread, but here it is.

3 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=Prickly+Boggart" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=Prickly+Boggart">Prickly Boggart</a>
3 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=Nightshade+Stinger" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=Nightshade+Stinger">Nightshade Stinger</a>
4 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=Frogtosser+Banneret" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=Frogtosser+Banneret">Frogtosser Banneret</a>
3 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=Oona%27s+Blackguard" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=Oona%27s+Blackguard">Oona's Blackguard</a>
4 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=Oona%27s+Prowler" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=Oona%27s+Prowler">Oona's Prowler</a>
4 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=Stinkdrinker+Bandit" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=Stinkdrinker+Bandit">Stinkdrinker Bandit</a>
4 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=Earwig+Squad" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=Earwig+Squad">Earwig Squad</a>

4 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=Morsel+Theft" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=Morsel+Theft">Morsel Theft</a>
3 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=Cloak+and+Dagger" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=Cloak+and+Dagger">Cloak and Dagger</a>
4 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=Nameless+Inversion" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=Nameless+Inversion">Nameless Inversion</a>
2 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=Tendrils+of+Corruption" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=Tendrils+of+Corruption">Tendrils of Corruption</a>

8 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=Swamp" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=Swamp">Swamp</a>
4 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=Mutavault" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=Mutavault">Mutavault</a>
1 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=Urborg%2C+Tomb+of+Yawgmoth" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=Urborg%2C+Tomb+of+Yawgmoth">Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth</a>

[deck=Sideboard]2 x Damnation
2 x Extirpate
4 x Thoughtseize
4 x Dunerider Outlaw
3 x Deathmark[/deck]

Thoughtseize is not MD because I already have six 1-drops which are super important for getting off second turn Prowls.

Look's pretty good... but why only 6 one drops? I'd suggest running 4 of each of the one's you're already using... Then you can get prowl turn 2 more often...
Look's pretty good... but why only 6 one drops? I'd suggest running 4 of each of the one's you're already using... Then you can get prowl turn 2 more often...

They're awful topdecks. 6 means I can reliably draw one in my opening hand most of the time, and not draw too many in the late game. With more playtesting I'll decide again later whether 6 is the right number or not.
Distress is a pretty effective budget solution to the Thoughtseize slot. Lately I've been preaching Psychotic Episode in the sideboard. You can play it's Madness off Oona's Prowler if need be, but the fact that it hits the top of the opponent's library could prove quite useful against the Lorwyn tutors.
Here's my Mono Black Goblin Rogue deck.

Creatures
4 Prickly Boggart
4 Squeaking Pie Sneak
4 Stinkdrinker Bandit
4 Frogtosser Banneret
4 Earwig Squad
4 Mad Auntie

Non-Creature Spells
2 Cloak and Dagger
4 Morsel Theft
4 Noggin Whack
4 Nameless Inversion

Lands
22 Swamp
Here's my Mono Black Goblin Rogue deck.

Creatures
4 Prickly Boggart
4 Squeaking Pie Sneak
4 Stinkdrinker Bandit
4 Frogtosser Banneret
4 Earwig Squad
4 Mad Auntie

Non-Creature Spells
2 Cloak and Dagger
4 Morsel Theft
4 Noggin Whack
4 Nameless Inversion

Lands
22 Swamp

I would take out either Noggin Whack or Morsel Theft depending on your preference and put in 4 stingers in their place. Also, there are plenty of black faerie rogues, and I can't understand the logic of not using them. I'd take out the squeaking pie sneaks and replace them with blackguard. I don't think the frogtosser is necessary since rogues are cheap, but the haste is nice so it's up to you whether you want to run them or not, but I'd take the number down to 3 and well as the auntie and theft/whack to put in 3 Bitterblossoms. Since you don't have any double-black (with prowl), there should be no problem running 4 mutavault.
There are a few cards here that seem as though the don't need to be there:

Bad Moon - Why? If you face up against another Faerie deck it can hurt you, and you should be laying out either another creature on turn 2 or Bitterblossom. Yeah, it makes your little guys a bit bigger, and it can put your guys out of pyroclasm range, but honestly, you would need 2 of these out to get out reach of pyroclasm. It just seems slow.

Earwig Squad - Again, why? It's a good card, to be sure, but in a mono B rogue deck, shouldn't you be shooting for speed rather than a Jester's Cap ability? A Cap ability seems more fitting in a control deck rather than this. Plus, if they get Doran into play, this guy will do little to no good.

Auntie's Snitch - Seems like a good source of renewable damage, but it has to get around creatures to get there, i.e. it has no evasion when most of your deck relies on it. Oona's Prowler seems like a much better choice as it's an efficient 3/1 evasion creature that can generate hand disruption.

Cloak and Dagger - Also seems like a bad idea to me because taking a turn to drop this when you could be dropping a creature or 2 just doesn't sound like a strong play. Plus, this doesn't get your guys around WoG, or Clasm where as being able to drop more guys does.

My Humble Decklist:

20 Creatures
4 Nightshade Stinger
4 Dunerider Outlaw
4 Oona's Prowler
4 Oona's Blackguard
4 Stinkdrinker Bandit

18 Other Spells
4 Thoughtseize
2 Bitterblossom
4 Morsel Theft
3 Profane Command
1 Consume Spirit
4 Tendrils of Corruption

22 Land
4 Mutavault
2 Urborg, tomb of Yawgmoth
16 Swamp

SB
4 Deathmark
4 Extirpate
4 Pithing Needle
3 Mirri the Cursed

Dunerider Outlaw is in MD because even you aren't facing a green deck, it's a 2/2 rogue for 2 that gets counters when it hits so it benefits from Blackguard and gets bigger.

You NEED lifegain if you're playing with Blossom, so Tendrils is a must (especially if you're mono B) and a Consume Spirit is also nice both for a finisher, elim, and lifegain. I also dropped all the fear goblins because you have a better chance overall of coming up against a deck with black creatures (Rock with Doran, UB Faeries) than you do an all flier deck. Also, if you're not using Profane, you need to, especially with all your fliers, you give them all fear with a Stinkdrinker out.

I could be wrong though.

Bad Moon - Why? If you face up against another Faerie deck it can hurt you, and you should be laying out either another creature on turn 2 or Bitterblossom. Yeah, it makes your little guys a bit bigger, and it can put your guys out of pyroclasm range, but honestly, you would need 2 of these out to get out reach of pyroclasm. It just seems slow.

Earwig Squad - Again, why? It's a good card, to be sure, but in a mono B rogue deck, shouldn't you be shooting for speed rather than a Jester's Cap ability? A Cap ability seems more fitting in a control deck rather than this. Plus, if they get Doran into play, this guy will do little to no good.

Auntie's Snitch - Seems like a good source of renewable damage, but it has to get around creatures to get there, i.e. it has no evasion when most of your deck relies on it. Oona's Prowler seems like a much better choice as it's an efficient 3/1 evasion creature that can generate hand disruption.

Cloak and Dagger - Also seems like a bad idea to me because taking a turn to drop this when you could be dropping a creature or 2 just doesn't sound like a strong play. Plus, this doesn't get your guys around WoG, or Clasm where as being able to drop more guys does.

My Humble Decklist:

20 Creatures
4 Nightshade Stinger
4 Dunerider Outlaw
4 Oona's Prowler
4 Oona's Blackguard
4 Stinkdrinker Bandit

18 Other Spells
4 Thoughtseize
2 Bitterblossom
4 Morsel Theft
3 Profane Command
1 Consume Spirit
4 Tendrils of Corruption

22 Land
4 Mutavault
16 Swamp

SB
4 Deathmark
4 Extirpate
4 Pithing Needle
3 Mirri the Cursed

Dunerider Outlaw is in MD because even you aren't facing a green deck, it's a 2/2 rogue for 2 that gets counters when it hits so it benefits from Blackguard and gets bigger.

You NEED lifegain if you're playing with Blossom, so Tendrils is a must (especially if you're mono B) and a Consume Spirit is also nice both for a finisher, elim, and lifegain. I also dropped all the fear goblins because you have a better chance overall of coming up against a deck with black creatures (Rock with Doran, UB Faeries) than you do an all flier deck. Also, if you're not using Profane, you need to, especially with all your fliers, you give them all fear with a Stinkdrinker out.

I could be wrong though.

You need to notice something about Rogues. Red kicks their ass. Pyroclasm kills almost all your guys, and incinerate + Rift bolt kill the other ones. A red deck would eat you alive. For Example R/B goblins. They play some of the same cards as rogues, but would be favorable to win because they have SB pyroclasm and Incinerate + Rift Bolt. Bad Moon may pump opposing Faeries and Rogues, but if you're mono black you'd have to be a retard not to use it. It essentially has the same drawback as bitter blossom, about an extra life or 2 you'll lose per turn if you pump their guys. Except Bad Moon stops many of your guys from dieing to Pyroclasm, and helps you do some nice bonus damage. And plus, it can always be sbed out, where if you play 0, you can't ever use it.

My Humble Decklist:

20 Creatures
4 Nightshade Stinger
4 Dunerider Outlaw
4 Oona's Prowler
4 Oona's Blackguard
4 Stinkdrinker Bandit

18 Other Spells
4 Thoughtseize
2 Bitterblossom
4 Morsel Theft
3 Profane Command
1 Consume Spirit
4 Tendrils of Corruption

22 Land
4 Mutavault
16 Swamp

SB
4 Deathmark
4 Extirpate
4 Pithing Needle
3 Mirri the Cursed

I could be wrong though.

Have you never played a R/B goblin deck with rogues? A single pyroclasm from sideboard can completely destroy you... and... what? earwig is a 5/3 for 3... possibly bigger with buffs... how is that not good, even disregarding the ability? And you said Auntie's snitch was bad because it had no evasion even though it keeps coming back to life, yet you suggested Dunerider for main deck, which also has no evasion unless you're playing against a mono green deck.... And why do you need lifegain if you can kill the opponent on turn 4? I understand tendrils is a very good card, yet it's more expensive than the most expensive rogue(counting prowl costs of course, and disregarding Marshflitter as well..), it slows your deck down a little, although it's useful if you get dragged into mid-game... And, if you're playing any red deck with Gargodon, they can sacrifice any creature you target in response, so you get no life... I'm not saying it's bad, it's just a little bit slow...
And Cloak and Dagger is good because it gives the equipped creature shroud... meaning if you play a fragile crazy creature like stinkdrinker bandit, you can equip it onto it, and force your opponent to use a mass removal effect, or lose the game very soon...
Hey all, my appearance is kinda late, but better late than never :3.

Here's my deck in its current form, still not satisfied with it. Dunno if I ever will, but I'll post updates along the way.

Lands - 22
Mutavault x 4
Swamp x 18

Creatures - 25
Nightshade Stinger x 3
Oona's Prowler x 4
Oona's Blackguard x 4
Stinkdrinker Bandit x4
Prickly Boggart x 3
Earwig Squad x 4
Frogtosser Banneret x 3

Spells -13
Nameless Inversion x 4
Morsel Theft x 4
Bad Moon x 3
Profane Command x 2

Sideboard - 15
Noggin Whack x 3
Bitterblossomx 3
Deathmark x 3
Dunerider Outlaw x 3
Shriekmaw x 3

Its pretty iffy at the moment, seeing as I don't know my current meta and don't know if I'll find out soon, mostly there for more options of creature removal and the option for disruption.
Hey all, my appearance is kinda late, but better late than never :3.

Here's my deck in its current form, still not satisfied with it. Dunno if I ever will, but I'll post updates along the way.

Lands - 22
Mutavault x 4
Swamp x 18

Creatures - 25
Nightshade Stinger x 3
Oona's Prowler x 4
Oona's Blackguard x 4
Stinkdrinker Bandit x4
Prickly Boggart x 3
Earwig Squad x 4
Frogtosser Banneret x 3

Spells -13
Nameless Inversion x 4
Morsel Theft x 4
Bad Moon x 3
Profane Command x 2

Sideboard - 15
Noggin Whack x 3
Bitterblossomx 3
Deathmark x 3
Dunerider Outlaw x 3
Shriekmaw x 3

Its pretty iffy at the moment, seeing as I don't know my current meta and don't know if I'll find out soon, mostly there for more options of creature removal and the option for disruption.

Finally got that decklist to me... XD... Pretty good... You weren't too late... You made it before page 2, and I expect this thread to get much bigger, once people see how good it is.
Tested my deck against D-Storm with Benjerman. It was something like 50 / 50. Basically a race to beat the combo.
Tested my deck against D-Storm with Benjerman. It was something like 50 / 50. Basically a race to beat the combo.

Yeah, Dragonstorm is a lot better than i thought it was post-9th.... even without seething song it can win turn 4... and they can hardcast a hellkite and take out a bunch of rogues... and it has tons of removal.... this is going to be a bad matchup for us... I've playtested more with Doom... and..... he's lost every time so far, I think Waffle's deck is a little faster... The build you use changes how fast the deck is by a lot... I think I'm going to recommend bad moon maindecked and Bitterblossom sideboarded... we need to playtest against d-storm, and find out what kills it the best...
Basically, speed is everything, and targeted discard is good against it.. And Morsel theft puts you out of reach of a one turn kill... unless they d-storm, and burn you at the same time...
with all due respects i disagree to the earwig squad sucks, noggin whack sucks and cloak and dagger sucks arguement. earwig squad is a 5/3 for 3 mana with the added ability to prevent your opponent from top decking god/damn, noggin whack is a budget alternative to thoughtsieze while still doing the job, and cloak and dagger protects your fragile creatures from a desert. the cloak also protects your blackguards and stinkdrinkers since those creatures have got a huge bull's eye on their foreheads. peace.

i've decided to change my decklist but im confused if i should use the rack or not. some feedback would be very much appreciated.

2 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=mutavault" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=mutavault">mutavault</a>

4 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=noggin+whack" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=noggin+whack">noggin whack</a>/<a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=thoughtseize" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=thoughtseize">thoughtseize</a>
2 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=bitterblossom" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=bitterblossom">bitterblossom</a>

[deck=rack rogue]
lands-22
18 swamp
4 mutavault
creatures-20
4 nightshade stinger
4 prickly boggart
4 oona's blackguard
4 oona's prowler
4 stinkdrinker bandit
spells-18
4 thoughtseize
4 noggin whack
4 morsel theft
2 bitterblossom
4 the rack
[/deck]

these two decks play very differently but i would like some advice from you guys.
Yeah, Dragonstorm is a lot better than i thought it was post-9th.... even without seething song it can win turn 4... and they can hardcast a hellkite and take out a bunch of rogues... and it has tons of removal.... this is going to be a bad matchup for us... I've playtested more with Doom... and..... he's lost every time so far, I think Waffle's deck is a little faster... The build you use changes how fast the deck is by a lot... I think I'm going to recommend bad moon maindecked and Bitterblossom sideboarded... we need to playtest against d-storm, and find out what kills it the best...
Basically, speed is everything, and targeted discard is good against it.. And Morsel theft puts you out of reach of a one turn kill... unless they d-storm, and burn you at the same time...

Putting the blossoms SB and running more bad moons seemed to help out against d-storm. Though like you said my build is a tad slower, it seemed to help out a bit as the extra mana was useful for tendrils/profane command. I've also changed my mind about the banneret after doing some playtesting with it. D-storm is a tough opponent for MBRA; discard and earwigs seem to be a must against it.

My new deck at the moment after playing against D-storm is:

Creatures
4 x Earwig Squad
4 x Prickly Boggart
3 x Stinkdrinker Bandit
3 x Oona's Blackguard
4 x Nightshade Stinger
3 x Shriekmaw
3 x Auntie's Snitch
3 x Frogtosser Banneret
Other Spells
3 x Bad Moon
3 x Tendrils of Corruption
4 x Profane Command
Lands
4 x Mutavault
19 x Swamp
Sideboard
3 x Damnation
3 x Dunerider Outlaw
3 x Thoughtseize
3 x nameless inversion
3 x Bitterblossom

HamsterTron: The look of your deck without the rack is much better in my opinion. Though I'd pick either the theft or the noggin/seize and put the other in sideboard. I'd also move the blossoms to SB and MD some bad moons and put in two more mutavaults as I don't see why you shouldn't run four nor why you're running 20 lands instead of 22.
Great deck. I love mono colored decks as they always save cash on the duals.
For my 2cc creature slot, my auto-includes are Oona's Prowler and Stinkdrinker Bandit. For the third 2cc creature I cannot decide between Oona's Blackguard, Frogtosser Banneret, and Squeaking Pie-Sneak.

The Blackguard just seems too slow and inefficient to be worth running. I haven't tested it yet, though, and I would like to hear how it's been working for people.

I tested the Banneret, and I really wasn't impressed with him all that much. His tinyness and his un-evasiveness make him really sub-par.

Right now I'm leaning toward the Pie-Sneak. He's got a solid body(which most rogues lack) and he's got evasion. The deck also runs quite a few Goblins, especially if I decide to keep Nameless Inversion, so he shouldn't be clogging my hand too much.

I'm a little irritated that WizOs didn't make any good rogues with Shadow, as it's probably my favorite game mechanic, and a classic for any type of black aggro.
I'm a little irritated that WizOs didn't make any good rogues with Shadow, as it's probably my favorite game mechanic, and a classic for any type of black aggro.

That would be so op its not even funny. Most of the rogues are fine with they're regular evasion but shadow =O. I would jump on them so fast though =(.

@ Variz - Thats the same reason I play mono colored decks, that and mana is easier to decide on.

I'll take a look at the Pie-Sneak he's been under the radar for me.
I think the blackguard is hard to pass down, it just gives you so many threats. That if your opponent doesn't deal with with kill his hand and then a little later him.
I think the blackguard is hard to pass down, it just gives you so many threats. That if your opponent doesn't deal with with kill his hand and then a little later him.

I agree... The blackguard is great.... the only problem is, it's not that fast... but if it's used with bitterblossom it's really good... It all depends..
I feel like the Blackguard is better in a version that is tooled more for the mid-game, and especially in variants that run the Rack. I would run it alongside maindeck Bitterblossom, and include some lifegain. It seems like for a deck that aims to win faster, Bad Moon gets in damage faster than Bitterblossom and Pie-Sneak is a better beater than Blackguard. Although, I do think that Bad Moon and Bitterblossom could be really playable together.

Here's my latest sketch:

19 x Swamp
3 x Mutavault

4 x Prickly Boggart
4 x Nightshade Stinger
4 x Oona's Prowler
4 x Squeaking Pie-Sneak
4 x Stinkdrinker Bandit
3 x Earwig Squad

4 x Thoughtseize
4 x Bad Moon
4 x Morsel Theft
3 x Nameless Inversion

Sideboard:
3 x Psychotic Episode
4 x Frogtosser Banneret
1 x Earwig Squad
3 x Slaughter Pact
4 x Deathmark

I've moved the Frogtossers to the sideboard because I think they could be really great against decks that rely on counterspells. If can resolve a lot of your threats for only 1 mana, then you stand a really good chance of resolving more than the blue pplayer is able to handle.

The biggest problem matchup I can see for Rogues is RDW aggro. We're 90% vulnerable to Mogg Fanatic and their entire burn suite. By controlling our early creatures it seems like they can gum up our Prowl mechanic, causing us to play our hands out much slower than we really like to.
That would be so op its not even funny. Most of the rogues are fine with they're regular evasion but shadow =O. I would jump on them so fast though =(.

@ Variz - Thats the same reason I play mono colored decks, that and mana is easier to decide on.

I'll take a look at the Pie-Sneak he's been under the radar for me.

there is a rogue with shadow looter il-kor but that does require blue to play but as a splash its not too bad.
there is a rogue with shadow looter il-kor but that does require blue to play but as a splash its not too bad.

This is the Mono Black Rogue Aggro thread, for U/B rogues please go to the other thread...
I've moved the Frogtossers to the sideboard because I think they could be really great against decks that rely on counterspells. If can resolve a lot of your threats for only 1 mana, then you stand a really good chance of resolving more than the blue pplayer is able to handle.

While this is true, the difference frogtosser makes is 2 cards.
If you get an amazing hand, and play frogtosser t2, then t3 you can drop 3 normally 2 mana cards. I'd say thats worth it, but I must agree that this only helps early game. After that you have more than enough mana to play multiple threats.
Ok, forum people... I have a question... Is there any card we are missing, that could speed this deck up a little? Because.... In playtesting we've been having a little bit of trouble with combo decks.... And we are attempting to beat the combo decks before they get their combo out... is there any way we've been missing to speed this deck up? And yes, I know Earwig works against combo, but we need more speed, Earwig only does so much... Either we need to speed this deck up a little more, Or we need a bunch more disruption... If you any ideas of how to speed the deck up a little, please... post it here...
This deck should be able to get a kill at least on turn 5. Frogtosser Banneret gives early Stinkdrinker Bandit and Cloak and dagger, so any evasive creatures put down afterwards can kill pretty quickly, especially if you've been playing morsel thefts.