Skred Red (Monored Stuffy Doll Control)

973 posts / 0 new
Last post

Skred Red
* Updated for Morningtide testing....
IMAGE(http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d62/OMFGPIE/R_Divider.gif)
IMAGE(http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/5287/skredio3.jpg)

Origin
Skred Red was built/posted by Bill Stark on TCGPlayer.com about a couple days before States, so all credit will have to go to him. Plus, with his list, he placed 2nd, losing in the mirror. The deck's design (by all builders) was to combat what was thought to be an aggro heavy atmosphere at the 2007 States. It's now finding minor successes in smaller tournaments, but has some promise with the release of Shadowmoor.

What's it Do
Skred Red is a strict creature control deck that fits well in an aggro heavy format. It burns away creatures as large as the largest of 'goyfs because of extreme acceleration and constant dropping of snow-permanents.

Against control, if it can land its cards, it can do very well. It also has a sideboard available to deal with common threats, such as UB Faeries as well as Lark. Cryoclasm and, in black splashes, Extirpate are common cards.

And, with Dragonstorm losing it's thing, this decks weaknesses are dropping while it's slowing getting a bit stronger. The promise of Shadowmoor make help this deck to rise to the strength it had when it was originally concieved.

Cards

Creatures
Stuffy Doll: though he's definitely an auto-4-of, this deck doesn't rely on him as heavily as other decks. Still, without him this deck wouldn't be Skred Red.

Martyr of Ashes: an instant speed mass removal card. Good for taking out early threats or small hoards of weenies.

Stalking Yeti: a spot remover on his own right, he's also a decent beater as well as being snow, making him more versitile as he can be drawn with Scrying Sheets

Phyrexian Ironfoot: a resilient beater. Often it'll take two or more burn spells to take him out, he's untouched by Shriekmaw, and he's snow.

Tarmogoyf: the best beater in the game, he's worth splashing for....

Hostility: for the Fatstick variant (I'm not familiar with it).

Ashling the Pilgrim:not snow, but a good alternative in place of the Yeti or Ironfoot as she be can be both a beater and a mass removal card. Note, works better with Stuffy than with Hostility.

Bogardan Hellkite: with the amount of accel this deck has, this could be a decent finisher.

Spitebellows: considered red's Shriekmaw, only without the conditions. This card could be a great addition in a removal spot as it offers the creature as well.

Spells
Skred: in this deck, this card is a bomb. It can rid you of a threatening 'goyf or gargy, or force damage through Stuffy Doll.

Molten Disaster: the most important burn of the deck, it non-preventable damage to everything makes it a must, especially when Stuffy Doll is out, or you need to deal the last few points of damage. Also, in bad scenarios, you can draw with this card.

Incinerate: quick burn for either removal or finishing touches to some creatures or opponents.

Disintegrate: an X burn for finishing of the opponent or burning out things like Haakon or Korlash. Also good against pesky 'walkers.

Dead//Gone: both sides are good, but the quick two damage deals with things like Sower of Temptation or Oona's Prowler, while the bounce helps against Greater Gargadon.

Pyroclasm: sorcery speed, but still one of the best removal cards in the game.

Incendiary Command: again, sorcery speed, but with the options available definitely worth testing.

Lash Out: this card works great with both Hostility and/or Stuffy in play. It's great removal that can turn into six or it can remove a threat while also putting in three 3/1s. Clash is still up in the air, though....

Titan's Revenge: I see this as the best possible addition post Morningtide, since it offers our deck a little added security in the way of removal as well as win con.

Others
Chandra Nalaar: the many options available makes her one of the most key pieces of this deck. Ping damage allows you to stay just ahead should you need to do lots of damage with Molten Disaster. The removal option with her high loyalty allows her to deal with a lot of threats. And the mass destruction options can be an instant win of Stuffy Doll is on the table.

Coldsteel Heart: the first choice in acceleration, it's snow which means Scrying Sheets can grab it, and, should you be splashing green (or some other color), it fixes instantly.

Mind Stone: some maindeck, some side, but in both cases this card makes the control match-up a bit easier by simply allowing you to have more mana than they do. It's also the only other CA option besides Scrying Sheets available.

Coalition Relic: more accel, can get Chandra Nalaar or Hostility out early but is neither snow nor does it offer any CA.

Lands
Snow Lands: this decks engine is based around basic snow lands.

Scrying Sheets: one of the most important cards in the deck, it speeds up your clock and allows you to stay ahead of The Rack.

Mouth of Ronom: the card will win you games. It can be the last points of damage needed to win, if dealt through Stuffy Doll, or you can get rid of annoyances like Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir.

Storage Lands: Fungal Reaches and Molten Slagheap serve the same purpose in this deck as they would in other control decks. Having them all stored up makes it easier to play all the spells needed.

Man-Lands: Treetop Village is the best land in the game right now, and definitely worth splashing for should you feel your meta is control heavy. Or, Ghitu Encampment is another choice....

Horizon Canopy: only for splashing green, but this makes the CA game a little better.

Arena: (not serious, but people keep mentioning it where I play) choose Stuffy Doll and whatever fatty they have on there side of the board.

Sideboarding
The sideboard is up to the pilot and the particular meta in which they are playing in. Obvious choices are things that deal with artifact threats, such as Ingot Chewer or Smash, and cards that destroy lands, such as Cryoclasm or Detritivore. But as you'll notice in the decklists, most of the lists go for transformative sides, allowing for versitillity over a toolbox meant to deal with threats that this deck may have. Some may even want to put their entire green splash as a sideboard in case they should need things like Krosan Grip or Tarmogoyf to handle some problems for them.

Splashing

Black
Splashing black is possibly the most advantagious color to splash with, as it comes with one of the best in mass removal, that being Damnation. It also has a few standout choices such as Shriekmaw, Slaughter Pact, or even cards like Festering March which could be huge in a mirror that runs Stuffy Doll rather than Hostility. Liliana Vess could even be interesting. But black doesn't offer much in the way of snow outside of a B/R dual land that can be scryed up. Also, with combo and control decks like Lark and Fae coming to the fore, Extirpate is a popular sideboard choice.

Green
Commonly referred to as "Splashing 'goyf" green is the color that won the mirror at Iowa States. Though most of the cards were sided in, green still offers a bit in the way of silver bullets, like Krosan Grip or Eyes of the Wisent. Plus, green supports snow better than any color outside of white. It even has a distant snow cousin in Future Sight. Ohran Viper offers a bit of CA, especially if you're running more spot removal or Pyroclasm.

White
White has some good support in the way of removal, with options like Wrath of God, but doesn't fit that well in this particular deck because of the fact that white offers no CA, unlike black, and there snow options don't fit too well within this deck, outside of Adarkar Valkyrie. It doesn, however, have creatures that survive the removal in Skred Red, like Paladin en-Vec or Soltari Priest.

Blue
Blue's biggest contribution would have to be its CA. I can't see any other real reason why it should be run, since blue's style of control relies heavily on having numerous Islands available. Blue also has what could be a brusier of a win-con in Rimefeather Owl.

Decklists

Bill Stark's Post States Update

[deck=Skred Red Update
by Bill Stark
]Creatures
4*Stalking Yeti
4*Shriekmaw
4*Martyr of Ashes
Spells
4*Incinerate
4*Molten Disaster
4*Skred
3 x Dead//Gone
2*Disintegrate
4*Coldsteel Heart
3*Chandra Nalaar
Land
10*Snow-Covered Mountain
4*Tresserhorn Sinks
4*Scrying Sheets
4*Mouth of Ronom
2*Molten Slagheap[/deck]

Some States Decks
Iowa 1st
[deck=Skred Red 1st Place Iowa
by Brandon Scheel
]Creatures
4*Stuffy Doll
4*Phyrexian Ironfoot
4*Martyr of Ashes
Spells
3*Chandra Nalaar
4*Coldsteel Heart
2*Disintegrate
4*Incinerate
3*Mind Stone
3*Molten Disaster
4*Skred
Lands
4*Fungal Reaches
4*Highland Weald
4*Terramorphic Expanse
1*Horizon Canopy
2*Scrying Sheets
2*Molten Slagheap
3*Mouth of Ronom
1*Snow-Covered Forest
4*Snow-Covered Mountain
Sideboard
2*Ancient Grudge
2*Detritivore
1*Molten Disaster
2*Seal of Pimordium
2*Serrated Arrows
2*Stalking Yeti
4*Tarmogoyf[/deck]

Iowa 2nd
[deck=Skred Red 2nd Place Iowa
by Bill Stark
]Creatures
4*Stuffy Doll
4*Martyr of Ashes
4*Stalking Yeti
Spells
4*Coldsteel Heart
3*Chandra Nalaar
4*Skred
4*Incinerate
3*Dead // Gone
2*Disintegrate
4*Molten Disaster
Lands
1*Fungal Reaches
1*Molten Slagheap
4*Scrying Sheets
4*Mouth of Ronom
14*Snow-Covered Mountain
Sideboard
4*Detritivore
4*Mind Stone
4*Sulfur Elemental
1*Disintegrate
2*Bottle Gnomes[/deck]

Kentucky 7th
[deck=Nick Ramsey 7th Place Kentucky]
11*Snow-Covered Mountain
2*Fungal Reaches
4*Highland Weald
3*Mouth of Ronom
4*Scrying Sheets
Lands: 24
3*Bogardan Hellkite
4*Hostility
2*Stuffy Doll
4*Martyr of Ashes
Creatures: 13
4*Coalition Relic
3*Coldsteel Heart
3*Molten Disaster
2*Chandra Nalaar
3*Beacon of Destruction
4*Incinerate
4*Skred
Spells:23
Sideboard
2*Sulfurous Blast
1*Molten Disaster
1*Stuffy Doll
3*Icy Manipulator
2*Naturalize
2*Krosan Grip
2*Akroma, Angel of Fury
2*Rootgrapple[/deck]

Indiana 3rd
[deck=Cedric Phillips 3rd Place Indianna]
15*Snow-Covered Mountain
4*Molten Slagheap
4*Scrying Sheets
2*Mouth of Ronom
Lands: 25
4*Martyr of Ashes
4*Phyrexian Ironfoot
4*Stalking Yeti
3*Stuffy Doll
Creatures: 15
4*Incinerate
4*Skred
4*Mind Stone
4*Molten Disaster
3*Chandra Nalaar
1*Disintegrate
Spells: 20
Sideboard
4*Bottle Gnomes
4*Serrated Arrows
3*Pithing Needle
2*Disintegrate
2*Fungal Reaches[/deck]

Missouri 3rd
[deck=Ben Samson 3rd Place Missouri]
2*Fungal Reaches
10*Snow-Covered Mountain
4*Highland Weald
4*Scrying Sheets
4*Mouth of Ronom
Lands: 24
4*Stuffy Doll
4*Stalking Yeti
4*Martyr of Ashes
Creatures: 12
2*Disintegrate
3*Chandra Nalaar
3*Dead // Gone
4*Skred
4*Molten Disaster
4*Incinerate
4*Coldsteel Heart
Spells: 24
Sideboard
4*Quiet Disrepair
2*Sulfur Elemental
3*Dodecapod
2*Prismatic Lens
4*Detritivore[/deck]

Kansas 2nd
[deck=Heath Dunbar 2nd Place Kansas]
2*Fungal Reaches
14*Snow-Covered Mountain
2*Scrying Sheets
4*Mouth of Ronom
Lands: 22
4*Martyr of Ashes
4*Stuffy Doll
1*Stalking Yeti
1*Hostility
Creatures: 10
4*Skred
4*Incinerate
2*Sulfurous Blast
4*Molten Disaster
4*Chandra Nalaar
4*Dead // Gone
2*Disintegrate
3*Coldsteel Heart
1*Mind Stone
Spells: 28
Sideboard
4*Dodecapod
4*Cryoclasm
4*Detritivore
3*Ancient Grudge[/deck]

Nebraska 1st
[deck=Chad Meyer 1st Place Nebraska]
14*Snow-Covered Mountain
4*Mouth of Ronom
4*Scrying Sheets
4*Phyrexian Ironfoot
4*Martyr of Ashes
4*Stuffy Doll
Creatures: 12
2*Disintegrate
4*Chandra Nalaar
4*Molten Disaster
4*Dead // Gone
4*Skred
4*Coldsteel Heart
4*Incinerate
Spells: 26
Sideboard
4*Blood Knight
4*Dodecapod
3*Pithing Needle
3*Detritivore
1*Fortune Thief[/deck]

Alaska 5th
[deck=Steven Birklid 5th Place Alaska]
18*Snow-Covered Mountain
4*Highland Weald
3*Ashling the Pilgrim
4*Siege-Gang Commander
4*Hostility
Creatures: 11
3*Molten Disaster
4*Incinerate
4*Pyroclasm
4*Skred
4*Mind Stone
4*Lash Out
4*Coalition Relic
Spells: 27
Sideboard
3*Spring Cleaning
1*Molten Disaster
3*Akroma, Angel of Fury
4*Detritivore
4*Ancient Grudge[/deck]

...A very sincere thanks to DaaNz for the awesome banner.
...Thanks to Hodoku for the dividers.
...Thanks to Bill Stark for making the deck.
...Thanks to my brother for putting a G/R form of this deck together months before it saw its glory at Iowa...
The results for states are in, check out Iowa. Top 2 spots were taken by decks startlingly similar to mine and each other.
I have found Ashling the pilgrim is awsome.
It's called 'Skred Red'. Uh, what you called it is good too...

Should be tested with Thunderblade Charge. A top-4 finishing deck (Sligh/RDW/GreaterR/G, I don't remember the exact archetype) ran four TBC. Might prove alright here. Also, welcome back Stalking Yeti!

I'll do a little more selling on the TBC. You're in top-deck mode, you've got a TBC in your 'yard, you tap stuffy, deal one, pay 2RRR and deal three damage to your opponent, a beast or bear, Garruk and fear not his 'overrun'!

Never mind, TBC's graveyard ability applies only to combat damage dealt. I'm still posting this so other people who don't read carefully get excited then have their thunderblade charging aspirations crushed like I just did.

Not further comments, the list is fine. Splash green/+4 'goyf.

Change the name, it's ridiculous!

Mono-Red Control

IMAGE(http://resources.wizards.com/Magic/Cards/FUT/en-us/Card136154.jpg)IMAGE(http://resources.wizards.com/Magic/Cards/LRW/EN/Card140176.jpg)IMAGE(http://resources.wizards.com/Magic/Cards/CSP/en-us/Card122120.jpg)

IMAGE(http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee215/Hodoku/R.gif)

What is Mono-Red Control?
Mono-Red Control is red control deck utilizing such goodies as Skred and Dead // Gone to make things go boom in addition to solid bodies such as Sulfur Elemental and Stuffy Doll.

How do you play Mono-Red Control?
[The] deck is extremely powerful, with huge red threats and some of the best defense currently available in the game. How does control approach this deck? All [you have] to do is gain any small advantage, and then it's pow! Split second on Molten Disaster. Sorry white. Sorry blue. Sign here. How does beatdown get through Stuffy Doll? Is that a rhetorical question? That's kind of a moot point, actually. Skred and Molten Disaster are some kind of lethal combo with the Doll. This is a deck of big swings; it can go from defense to combo kill in the blink of an eye, from mana development and slight hassling burn to endgame Demonfire... at the end of the opponent's turn... like you wouldn't necessarily suspect.

As with many new decks, this one packs a planeswalker. Worst-case scenario, Chandra Nalaar is a fair sized Flametongue Kavu; best case... They're dead. They're all dead. And it's bloody. And magnificent. Ten ya, brah.

Card Choices

Burn/Removal

Creatures/Walkers'

Mana

Sideboard
Show

Bottle Gnomes
Detritivore
Sulfur Elemental

An additional option may also include a transformative sideboard to turn the deck into elemental beatdown (I'll elaborate later.)

A Decklist by Bill Stark, 2nd Place - Iowa States:

Tips on playing Mono-Red Control:
Show

Coming soon!

Tested Matchups:
Coming soon! Any of your testing results would be greatly appreciated.

Special Thanks To:
Hodoku, for the fantastic post blueprint.
It's called 'Skred Red'. Uh, what you called it is good too...

Should be tested with Thunderblade Charge. A top-4 finishing deck (Sligh/RDW/GreaterR/G, I don't remember the exact archetype) ran four TBC. Might prove alright here. Also, welcome back Stalking Yeti!

I'll do a little more selling on the TBC. You're in top-deck mode, you've got a TBC in your 'yard, you tap stuffy, deal one, pay 2RRR and deal three damage to your opponent, a beast or bear, Garruk and fear not his 'overrun'!

Never mind, TBC's graveyard ability applies only to combat damage dealt. I'm still posting this so other people who don't read carefully get excited then have their thunderblade charging aspirations crushed like I just did.

Not further comments, the list is fine. Splash green/+4 'goyf.

Change the name, it's ridiculous!

Thunderblade Charge only activates from combat damage, so no, it won't go in since combat damage isn't how this deck does its damage.

But I agree with you on the name. Melodramatic and pompous, if I do say so myself. Skred Red it is....
I merged a couple of threads here, I'm sure you guys can figure it out ;).
I'm not in love with 'Skred Red', but the name suggests a) a 1cc board controller/win condition: Skred, and b) the deck's primary (often only) colour, and it's short. 'Molten Winter' only mentions one card and 'winter' suggests snow. I never like seeing 'Stuffy' in a deck name, just personal taste, i think it's a silly sounding word. Blah blah blah, you made the archetype thread, you should keep the name you like best. Correction, not an archetype---should it be?

Also:

I corrected myself in my own reply about the 'charge'. I choose to leave my thread as it was 'cause I'm a jerk. About being a jerk, I didn't mean to offend about the name, thanks again for posting this deck.

OKAY, this time I have legitimate constructive criticism! I run about three Mono-Red Control variants. I have a Mono-red Storm deck (that does not build around Dragonstorm, but builds big mana (using few DStorm synergy cards: Lotus Bloom) early on to play big spells like Molten Disaster, Disintigrate, and Bogardan Hellkite with Riddle of Lightning which is amazing. The sideboard is transformative Ignite Memories storm. I also run a plain-ish Mono-Red Control which runs a few red weenies and a typical burn host and a Mono-Red Control with a black splash for Tombstalker, with Seismic Assault which also works well. I feel I've a good grasp on the colour when it comes to controlled burn.

So, on to your deck. Your land base needs a little more versatility so that you don't have to rely on your draw to get a lot of mana going and you'll be able to get rid of the Smash in your SB (-3, +3 Ancient Grudge):
-2 Mouth of Ronom
-1 Scrying Sheets
-1 Snow-Covered Mountain
+4 Fugal Reaches

Yes, I just cut 4 snow permanents. But wait...
-1 Stalking Yeti
I don't like cutting this guy either, I'm making room for better things, I promise.
-1 Molten Disaster
+1 Disintegrate
Winning is better than drawing. Sometimes a desperate Disaster means a draw.
59 Cards right?
+1 Rift Bolt
Only one?
-2 Incendiary Command
Sorry, I just don't feel the synergy is strong enough in the clinch. Yes, I'll believe you when you tell me of the devastation caused by a Command going off, still seems a bit too slow. Two more Bolts, that's how I feel.
-1 Incinerate WHAT?!
Yea, I know, but 6 1-3cc (3cc depending how you cast Bolt) 3 damage burn is still great.
+1 Chandra Nalaar Because 3 is better than 2.

-4 Pyroclasm unless your meta demands it! Your sideboard could use Dead // Gone if you really are having so much trouble with Oblivion Ring/Purity.

Lastly, quoting my first reply again:
Splash green/+4 'goyf.

That was a joke. Looking at Brandon Scheel's first place Iowa States SB... 4 Tarmogoyf. Wow, it's everywhere. I guess if you paid for/hunted down a set of 'goyfs... you use them. everywhere. I don't agree 100%, but in my own practice... I agree 110%...

Please take everything with a grain of salt. The reason I mentioned my three red decks is because they're all a little different, but they all do a controlled burn, and they've all tested superbly. Red has a lot of great tools right now, we really have escaped Ravnica's multi-coloured clutch.

Hope I helped a little.
My above reply took like 4 hours... things have changed! The name change, threads got merged, archetype'd, moved to "Decks to Beat (!!!), hahahaha. Geez. Whew, I'm all flustered from typing. What happened?!

Original post edited at 1:03 AM.
Threads got merged at 12:59 AM.
I started typing my reply before any of that happened and finished at 1:19 AM.

I need to go to bed... Remember the art for Blood Lust? That's how I feel.

Nice work tonyadpx and alex_leut (and Wizo_Kwai_Chang!)

Okay, so uh... bump?

2 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=Mouth+of+Ronom" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=Mouth+of+Ronom">Mouth of Ronom</a>
3 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=Urborg%2C+Tomb+of+Yawgmoth" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=Urborg%2C+Tomb+of+Yawgmoth">Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth</a>
4 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=Tresserhorn+Sinks" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=Tresserhorn+Sinks">Tresserhorn Sinks</a>
4 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=Scrying+Sheets" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=Scrying+Sheets">Scrying Sheets</a>
2 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=Snow-Covered+Mountain" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=Snow-Covered+Mountain">Snow-Covered Mountain</a>

3 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=Coalition+Relic" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=Coalition+Relic">Coalition Relic</a>
3 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=Coldsteel+Heart" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=Coldsteel+Heart">Coldsteel Heart</a>

2 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=Beacon+of+Destruction" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=Beacon+of+Destruction">Beacon of Destruction</a>
3 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=Damnation" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=Damnation">Damnation</a>
4 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=Skred" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=Skred">Skred</a>
4 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=Incinerate" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=Incinerate">Incinerate</a>
4 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=Molten+Disaster" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=Molten+Disaster">Molten Disaster</a>

4 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=Hostility" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=Hostility">Hostility</a>
4 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=Shriekmaw" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=Shriekmaw">Shriekmaw</a>
4 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=Stalking+Yeti" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=Stalking+Yeti">Stalking Yeti</a>

4 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=Eyeblight%27s+Ending" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=Eyeblight%27s+Ending">Eyeblight's Ending</a>
4 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=Pyroclasm" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=Pyroclasm">Pyroclasm</a>
4 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=Sulfur+Elemental" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=Sulfur+Elemental">Sulfur Elemental</a>
3 x <a href="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=Stuffy+Doll" class="autocard-link" data-image-url="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&amp;name=Stuffy+Doll">Stuffy Doll</a>

This is a variant of the mono red snow + hostility control deck Islands posted a couple of weeks ago.
I've been having quite alot of success with this online, its a bit slower than the mono red version, but much more powerful later on. The damnations and shriekmaws help deal with gargadons/big goyfs/spec force ect that burn struggles with.
Fatstick and Skred Red ARE the same deck. The difference is just that one tries to make the damage inevitable with Hostility, the other with Stuffy.

I think Hostility should be in the primer, and for the record I also think that someone should make a comparison between these cards.

I'm happy to see this got popular faster than I expected.
I also wonder why Fatstick wasn't put here? It has many more pages.

Hostility>Stuffy

Really.
Slave of Tibalt. Currently trading for foils of my bro. PM me. Tarmogoyf on Twitter. Follow me. Team GFG Guns, Fame, Glory Those that require a sig for the ego simply haven't had enough kind words thrown his or her way. Currently looking for prerelease Plains! People who have mailed me rares:
Show
Malpheas: THANK YOU FOR THE FOIL TIBALT, YOU BEAUTIFUL GUY, YOU! Suudsu2200: Armageddon! Sèance, Dominating Licid, Words of War, Gaea's Anthem, Momentous Fall, Nyxathid PM me to make it happen. Your username will end up here, as the cards you sent me. I reserve the right to order your usernames by the cards I liked the best. Oh, and if you send me some Islands in the package, I'll sign them and mail them back.
the leet speak in the title was probably a turn off.
I think the main reason why Stuffy Doll was chosen for Skred Red is because of the synergy it has with Skred, and also that it's untouchable by the popular removal spell Shriekmaw. I'm not saying Hostility is bad, especially since he used to populate my sideboard where the Shivan Meteor now is. He just wasn't chosen because of the expected meta. And I know I saw about a dozen players playing Shriekmaw at the PA states.

But I did add Hostility to the OP because as an alternative to the Stuffy Doll there is no better card.
Hostility has haste. If they Shriek him, they already took six to the face.
Slave of Tibalt. Currently trading for foils of my bro. PM me. Tarmogoyf on Twitter. Follow me. Team GFG Guns, Fame, Glory Those that require a sig for the ego simply haven't had enough kind words thrown his or her way. Currently looking for prerelease Plains! People who have mailed me rares:
Show
Malpheas: THANK YOU FOR THE FOIL TIBALT, YOU BEAUTIFUL GUY, YOU! Suudsu2200: Armageddon! Sèance, Dominating Licid, Words of War, Gaea's Anthem, Momentous Fall, Nyxathid PM me to make it happen. Your username will end up here, as the cards you sent me. I reserve the right to order your usernames by the cards I liked the best. Oh, and if you send me some Islands in the package, I'll sign them and mail them back.
the leet speak in the title was probably a turn off.

qft

I've tested the hostility version, and I love it long time. martyr can win tho =/ even with hostility out and a disintegrate in hand, martyr's 75+ life is no joke..

edit: why not put hostility in the sb if you find out they are running sudden death?
Played against this deck the other night with a korlash control deck i have. Wasn't to impressed. Stuffy doll was easily handled with Remove Soul and Sudden Death. Stalking Yeti could be handled by sudden death also, as well if you get a tendrils on it its even better. Once stuffy doll was gone my Korlash with Hammer raped him.
This deck is meta dependant, of course it is not strong against u/b control, just look at the decklist. Sure it has a few bad matchups but in most places that is outweighed by its good matchups like against aggro.
Bill Stark called it "Monored Control" and "Hit it sTuffy!" If we're crediting him with the deck, we should use one of the names he used.

Recent testing has begun to say that Hostility is in contention for Chandra Nalaar's spot.

I have seen some testing with black for something like Shriekmaw, but most testing is preferring green to build along the lines of Scheel's version for Tarmogoyf and enchantment/artifact kill.
Bill Stark called it "Monored Control" and "Hit it sTuffy!" If we're crediting him with the deck, we should use one of the names he used.

That's a good point. I'll change the OP.

Edit: I'm still working on the OP and I hope to have a bunch of ideas with the splash and also some real information on sideboarding. I'm running Skred Red in a tourney today and hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to get the info up.
Momo here is the list that you posted in Fat Stick.

I have been testing this deck sending it through the gauntlet and I have had great success. I changed the Guerilla Tactics to Pyroclasm and haven't looked back. Stuffy Doll is greatly outclassed by Hostility. The way I see it though is this deck does need Hostility to win. I like him because he can swing the game unlike any other card to fill his spot. Believe it or not...I keep getting screwed on mana. It must be bad luck. Anyway, Momo have you had any improvements?
Momo here is the list that you posted in Fat Stick.

I have been testing this deck sending it through the gauntlet and I have had great success. I changed the Guerilla Tactics to Pyroclasm and haven't looked back. Stuffy Doll is greatly outclassed by Hostility. The way I see it though is this deck does need Hostility to win. I like him because he can swing the game unlike any other card to fill his spot. Believe it or not...I keep getting screwed on mana. It must be bad luck. Anyway, Momo have you had any improvements?

Hostility is a great card, it can definately win games, but stuffy is a very ridiculous card.

Stuffy helps to get around Turbofog, which is definately a deck that's in the current environment. Stuffy is very good versus aggro. Yes there are some answers to it, namely oblivion ring, but on the whole it is good at stall and good at winning control games when it resolves.

It may be that we should think about switching different combonations of Chandra, Stuffy and Hostility for one another out of the sideboard for different matchups.
It must be bad luck. Anyway, Momo have you had any improvements?

Yes.

I had this decklist before Flores posted Skred Red:

Show

// Lands
15 [CS] Snow-Covered Mountain
4 [CS] Scrying Sheets
4 [CS] Mouth of Ronom

// Creatures
4 [CS] Martyr of Ashes
4 [CS] Phyrexian Ironfoot
4 [CS] Stalking Yeti
4 [LRW] Hostility

// Spells
4 [CS] Skred
4 [10E] Incinerate
4 [FUT] Coalition Relic
3 [LRW] Chandra Nalaar
2 [10E] Beacon of Destruction
4 [FUT] Molten Disaster

// Sideboard
SB: 4 [10E] Guerrilla Tactics
SB: 4 [PLC] Sulfur Elemental
SB: 4 [AP] Dodecapod
SB: 3 [TSP] Stuffy Doll

All cards were there except Stuffy Doll (wich I added after Skred Red was revealed) wich had Pyroclasm instead. Please notice that I realize how clasm are needed, especially against Faeries, but the SB is thought basing on the fact that no one in my group played Faeries before States, yet a lot played Tarmorack. Sulfur can probably go away for clasm, whereas Stuffy gets sided in to improve the control matchup.

About the Hostility vs Stuffy Doll thing, here's the fact. Both are excellent at ending the game, and both require the use of another (burn) card to be abused. Plus, both cannot essentially be solved if not with a short list of cards. The only difference is that Stuffy is a threat, while Hostility is a threat generator/multiplicator. Here's why I like Hostility more, personally.
So this is a prety successful deck? Has anyone else built this yet?
Momo,
I really think that Mind Stone is better than Coalition Relic in this deck. The accel in the early game is good and drawing a card off it is also good. In my testing I also didn't ever find a need for Stalking Yeti. I mean with all the damage in the deck...I just don't think it is needed. I think the deck that I listed...that you posted originally is simply better.
Momo,
I really think that Mind Stone is better than Coalition Relic in this deck.

Debatable. You're going to draw a lot from sheets anyway, but what's really important is that Relic generates just MORE mana, wich is important for the high costs this deck has, and also allows a turn 4 Hostility -wich is often a winning play.

The accel in the early game is good

Actually here's the problem with Stone/Heart: you don't have a 4cc card you want to accel on turn 3, yet you have a 6cc card you want to accel on turn 4.

and drawing a card off it is also good.

Yes, I must agree on that... you can just try a 2+3 or 3+2 split, I suppose.

In my testing I also didn't ever find a need for Stalking Yeti. I mean with all the damage in the deck...I just don't think it is needed.

Yeti means a beater that dies, and if you want MORE beaters dying for Yeti recursion, another card you draw with sheets, a beater on the field. Of all these effects, the last one is the most important as it prevents you from waiting for your finisher to show up before you make any damage, plus gives board presence wich in these day is required even in Control.

I can't say Yeti is mandatory, but certainly there's many good things going on with him.

I think the deck that I listed...that you posted originally is simply better.

I suggest you to test both and decide, but then again your opinion is of course more relevant than mine when it boils down to what you're going to play.
Momo,
I really think that Mind Stone is better than Coalition Relic in this deck. The accel in the early game is good and drawing a card off it is also good. In my testing I also didn't ever find a need for Stalking Yeti. I mean with all the damage in the deck...I just don't think it is needed. I think the deck that I listed...that you posted originally is simply better.

I think people have started to gravitate more towards Stalking Yeti because it can be a good 2 for 1 card. As you remove an opposing creature and put down a 3/3 creature. It puts your opponent backwards and lets you play an effect. It appears to be a good choice in this tribal environment where we will see lots of creature based decks and it actually is a 2 for 1. But if the creatures are not there or too large for Yeti, than it becomes a lot less good. Flametongue Kavu was good once upon a time...

My advice would be to keep playtesting it. As the environment shakes out, you'll be able to know how relevant the 3/3 body is.

Notice a lot of things have gotten better now that Rav has rotated out. Snow engines for one have gotten a lot better. This is also one of the few playable snow cards.
From what I see the deck comes down to 2 versions: the aggressive versiona nd teh control version. The aggressive version uses some smaller creatures to keep the board stable and then finish up with Hostility. The control version uses burn to control the board while building up for huge Disintegrates/Molten Disasters to win with the game dominating Stuffy/Skred finisher. Depending on what build you play will change how cards like Mind Stone/Coalition Relic and Phyrexian Ironfoot/Stalking Yeti play out for you.
Gleemax Roleplaying - An all inclusive freeform roleplay. Build characters, armies, and bases from any source material imaginable to enter into epic wars and deadly battles.
Check out the other PbP games around:
Real AdventuresPbP HavenThe Guild House
Garic's CityMap of the PlanesCOre COliseum
Castle of FunTerisia City and Fan FictionD20 Modern
Coalition War GameParanoia ParadiseMagic Puzzles, Fun, & Games!
@Shining Demon

Isnt using smaller creatures to keep board stable also a kind of control? Just a thought.. :P

Also, Im using Bill Starks list, just a few cards added in...

Stalking Yeti ---> Hostility (wins me more games than I can count, especially against turbofog...)

dEAD // Gone ---> Moonglove Extract (There are quite a few decks that use Paladin en-Vec and Soltari Priest in my meta... this acts as a threat, and sometimes a finisher...)

And yes, I have both Stuffy and Hostility main deck. Theyre working fine together, really. Molten for 5 damage, and they take 20 straight to the face.
@Shining Demon

Isnt using smaller creatures to keep board stable also a kind of control? Just a thought.. :P

Both decks are control, but the Hostility version seems to be the more aggressive of the two versions.
Gleemax Roleplaying - An all inclusive freeform roleplay. Build characters, armies, and bases from any source material imaginable to enter into epic wars and deadly battles.
Oh, and has anyone lost a an elf deck with this? Elf seems waaaaay to easy for this deck.

And does anyone find any trouble dealing with faeries? Scion of Oona seems like a tough nut to crack with 2 in play.
A resolved pyroclasm will deal nicely and net you a 2 (or more) for 1.
In the OP, you replaced the 1st place lists lands with its SB :P
So this is a prety successful deck? Has anyone else built this yet?

I've been playing around with it since before states, I've played about 10-15 constructed queues with it online, and have had alot of success, but the meta online in standard is insanely aggro dominated, i think over 50% of the decks i played were almost identical G/R token decks.

While the mono red version is working really well, its still pretty much an auto-loss to white martyr unless you get an insane hand and they dont have the cards they need to deal with it.

Other control decks seem to be winable but the matchups could be improved, while i've gone back to the mono red version, i still think that a splash could work really well to strengthen the bad matchups. At the moment it seems to be control decks that are the weak point, so perhaps splashing into black for thoughtseize and other hand destruction, or green for enchantment removal could be beneficial.
I like how story circle can't beat this deck (molten disaster and colourless stuffy doll). Regardless, I feel the deck still dies to mono-white control due to beacon of immortality. Kwajjie suggest Shunt in your sideboard to beat that spell, and I agree with him.

How does this deck handle against blue? It seems it is weak against bounce and sudden death/nameless inversion.
In the OP, you replaced the 1st place lists lands with its SB :P

I already PMed him about that :D

And to deal with lifegain decks, I have sideboarded more burn together with 4 MDed Hostility, theyre no threat at all.
story circle > hostility your better going with stuffy i think.

They prevent the damage so you get no tokens, you cant overrun it.

The only problem then is oblivion ring.

Another problem with running the stuffy version is a shapeshifter, had some guy shapeshift into my stuffy the other day and that screwed me good. (he was on more life due to bottle gnome recursion)
No. A vesuvan shifter copying stuffy cant damage you. Read stuffy properly.

Im going to the rules forum to ask about story circle and hostility..
If lifegain decks are a major threat in your meta, then Furnace of Rath could be a decent sideboard option. They don't have many ways to abuse it like aggro does, and it lets you double (or quadruple) all the damage you pump out. Just realize it makes those sources that damage you even riskier than normal, so be careful with them. A better soultion to Martyr is Sulfur Elemental since it betas face while taking out their "main" source of lifegain.

I think a green splash would work really well for this deck since enchantments seem to be a major problem. Use Fungal Reaches and Highland Weald to generate some green mana and Krosan Grip away your troubles.

It all comes down to how you piece together your sideboard since many different options exist for different matchups. Just don't try to stray too far from the snow engine and the basis of teh deck and minor meta based adjustments can only be a plus.
Just posted it in rules forum, and this is Feigel's reply

When there are Multiple Prevention/Replacement effects trying to apply to the same event, the Affected player chooses which effect to apply first.
Then, the others will apply, if they are still applicable.

Thus, if they control a Circle, they can activated it to prevent the damage your Spell would deal to them.
Since they are the affected player, they can choose to apply the Circle Prevention effect to prevent the damage.
The Hostility's Prevention effect will no longer be applicable and you do not get any tokens.

...darn.

Oh and thanks for reminding me I have a Sulfur Elemental in my SB.. <_<