Aluren Combo question

5 posts / 0 new
Last post

Hi, just a quick question. If my opponent plays an ALUREN card and proceeds to play into a DREAM STALKER and CAVERN HARPY combo, if I have a HARMONIC SLIVER in hand, can I play it in response to the ALUREN and destroy it before the combo begins?

Is this your opponent's turn , right ?

If you want to stop your opponent from "cast creature cards without paying their mana cost and as though as they have flash" , you have to counter Aluren on the stack.

Because if you let your opponent's Aluren resolves , he/she will get priority again and can cast creature cards (CMC 3 or less) as he/she wants , before you get priority.

However , what is " Dream stalker and Cavern harpy combo " ?

Please autocard , check it on [read this first] - creating a rules thread.

And use lower case c to autocard.

You can respond to the creature spells they cast via Aluren. If they don't have a followup (a second copy to spam), then you can destroy Aluren before their combo continues.

For pok, the combo is keep playing the same creature, then follow up with Grapeshot or anything that triggers from spells being cast.

Rules Advisor

Please autocard: [c]Shard Phoenix[/c] = Shard Phoenix.

Thanks Fenix .

Please autocard , check it on [read this first] - creating a rules thread.

And use lower case c to autocard.

timothy685 wrote:

Hi, just a quick question. If my opponent plays an ALUREN card and proceeds to play into a DREAM STALKER and CAVERN HARPY combo, if I have a HARMONIC SLIVER in hand, can I play it in response to the ALUREN and destroy it before the combo begins?

Shard_Fenix touched upon this but here is a slightly more detailed explanation.

If it is your opponent's turn and your opponent has both Dream Stalker and Cavern Harpy in his hand, then no, you can't stop it if you have only one Harmonic Sliver. If he has just one Dream Stalker or one Cavern Harpy in his hand, then yes, you can stop it if you have only one Harmonic Sliver.

Take note that the top of the stack resolves only if both players pass in succession. Also take note that Dream Stalker can return itself. It doesn't need to return another creature. Same goes with Cavern Harpy.

If your opponent has only one Dream Stalker.

Your opponent casts Alluren.

---top of stack---
Aluren
---bottom of stack---

The top of the stack resolves and Aluren enters the battlefield. Since it is your opponent's turn and he is the active player, he gains priority. He then casts Dream Stalker.

---top of stack---
Dream Stalker
---bottom of stack---

He passes priority. You may then cast Haromic Sliver.

---top of stack---
Harmonic Sliver
Dream Stalker
---bottom of stack---

The top of the stack is the first to resolve. Your Harmonic Sliver will enter the battlefield and then trigger. The trigger will destroy Aluren and you have stopped the combo.

---===---

If your opponent has one Dream Stalker and one Cavern Harpy.

---top of stack---
Aluren
---bottom of stack---

The top of the stack resolves and Aluren enters the battlefield. Since it is your opponent's turn and he is the active player, he gains priority. He then casts Dream Stalker.

---top of stack---
Dream Stalker
---bottom of stack---

He passes priority. You may then cast Haromic Sliver.

---top of stack---
Harmonic Sliver
Dream Stalker
---bottom of stack---

You pass priority. Your opponent may cast Cavern Harpy.

---top of stack---
Cavern Harpy
Harmonic Sliver
Dream Stalker
---bottom of stack---

The top of the stack is the first to resolve. Caven Harpy enters the battlefield and triggers. That trigger is put on top of the stack.

---top of stack---
Return a blue or black creature you control to its owner's hand.
Harmonic Sliver
Dream Stalker
---bottom of stack---

Both players pass priority and the top of the stack resolves and Caven Harpy is return to his hand. Since your opponent is the active player, he has priority. Your opponent may cast Cavern Harpy.

---top of stack---
Cavern Harpy
Harmonic Sliver
Dream Stalker
---bottom of stack---

So with only one Harmonic Sliver, you can't stop two Cavern Harpy or two Dream Stalker or one Cavern Harpy and one Dream Stalker.

But one Harmonic Sliver can stop only one Dream Stalker or only one Caven Harpy.

Sign In to post comments