Legendary Rule

4 posts / 0 new
Last post

If I have 2 copies of the same legendary creature, would legendary rule cause dying or sacrifice effects to trigger, or is one of the legendary creature simply "put" into the graveyard and thus not triggering this kind of abilities?

The creature is simply put into its owner's graveyard. It's not being sacrificed, so those abilities won't trigger. However, it is being put into the graveyard from the battlefield, which is the very definition of "die", so those abilities do trigger.

Gotcha, thanks!

Nosterafatu wrote:

If I have 2 copies of the same legendary creature, would legendary rule cause dying or sacrifice effects to trigger, or is one of the legendary creature simply "put" into the graveyard and thus not triggering this kind of abilities?

dying? probably, but not necessarily.

sacrifice? never.

dying triggers trigger on movement for any reason from the battlefield to the graveyard, things like Rest in Peace would stop this from happening or say if it was two of Progenitus

the legend rule does not cause the permanents to be sacrificed

DCI Certified Judge & Goth/Industrial/EBM/Indie/Alternative/80's-Wave DJ
DJ Vortex

DCI Certified Judge since July 13, 2013  - If you have any concerns with my conduct as a judge, feel free to submit feedback here.
DCI #5209514320

My Wife's Makeup Artist Page <-- cool stuff - check it out

Sign In to post comments