rite of replication and treasure mage

8 posts / 0 new
Last post

treasure mage rite of replication does this allow each replicant to search for an artifact or because its already in play its just more of the same card?

leperd wrote:
treasure mage replicat does this allow each replicant to search for an artifact or because its already in play its just more of the same cards?
I don't know of a card named Replicant. Do you mean Duplicant? If so, duplicant doesn't get any of the creature's abilities, so it can't search for an artifact.

EDIT: should have read the thread title.

Each token is a copy of the original and has all of the original's abilities. When they enter the batlefield, any enters-the-battlefield abilities they have will trigger.

Rules Advisor

Please autocard: [c]Shard Phoenix[/c] = Shard Phoenix.

Also note, that each is a separate triggered ability

So you'll have to search and shuffle for each mage put onto the battlefield

not just rip 6 artifacts out and shuffle once

Searching for all six and then shuffling at the end is an acceptable shortcut. Things like Psychogenic Probe would still trigger for those extra shuffles, though.

adeyke wrote:

Searching for all six and then shuffling at the end is an acceptable shortcut. Things like Psychogenic Probe would still trigger for those extra shuffles, though.

I would guess only if your opponent agrees, because you might have something revealing the top card of your library, such as future sight, and they might have something that interacts with that, such as [c]thought scour[c/].

Robvalue: Copy target bug or glitch. You may choose a new card for the copy...

Will never buy games made by Arena Net again.

Will not buy Duel 2015 until 2HG reinstated.

Grei wrote:

Orc_Welfin wrote:
 I've removed content from this thread. 

Nice to know removing content is a company wide policy.

LadenSwallow wrote:

I would guess only if your opponent agrees,

This is true of all shortcuts.

If you have a Future Sight, it's no longer shortcuttable, since you do need to reveal the top card each time, and that may or may not be the same as one that was previously revealed.

In those cases where your opponent wants to intervene, they can tell you after which iteration of the loop they'll do so, like with all shortcuts.

However, in the case where you aren't revealing any cards from your library and where your opponent doesn't want to intervene partway through (i.e. in the majority of cases), the end result will definitely be that you have (up to) 6 artifact cards of CMC 6 or greater from your library in your hand and that the library is shuffled. So as long as you get to that end state, there's no need for the busy work of repeated shuffles.

Sign In to post comments