Confusion on attacking phase and certain abilities

3 posts / 0 new
Last post

Another need for clearing up an issue; Lets say I attack with Master of Diversion. I declare him as an attacker. His ability states that when he attacks I get to tap a target creature a defending player controls. First question: Does this happen before or after he declares his blocking creatures. Second question: when I tap one of his creatures, do I treat this creature as if he were attacking me and have to deal with his attacking value (i.e.: I tap his Silent Artisan 3/5 which effectively removes him from blocking, however does this mean that I have to either block that 3 damge or risk it damaging me).

GH0ST116 wrote:

Another need for clearing up an issue; Lets say I attack with Master of Diversion. I declare him as an attacker. His ability states that when he attacks I get to tap a target creature a defending player controls. First question: Does this happen before or after he declares his blocking creatures.

[c]Master of Diversion[/c] -> Master of Diversion

It triggers during the declare attackers step, it goes on the stack during the declare attackers step, it resolves during the declare attackers step.  This is before the declare blockers step.

GH0ST116 wrote:
Second question: when I tap one of his creatures, do I treat this creature as if he were attacking me

No, because it is not attacking.  It's not that player's turn, so his creatures can't be attacking.

No, I am not a judge. That's why I like to quote sources such as the rules that trump judges.

Awesome. This helps so much. Thank you.

Sign In to post comments