Enchantment vs Instant

8 posts / 0 new
Last post

Hi guys,

If I cast a creature, and then proceed to announce that I am casting Gift of Immortality on that creature, and my opponent responds with Murder, how does the play work?

On another topic, I searched for a forum to ask this and tried setting it on my profile, but I cannot find a default subscription method to threads to allow me email notifications when replied to? Anyone know how to achieve this?

thanks!

If they destroy the creature while your Aura is on the stack, the Aura is countered and goes to the graveyard.

MTG Rules Advisor

K-Mogg wrote:

If they destroy the creature while your Aura is on the stack, the Aura is countered and goes to the graveyard.

thank you So it might be safer to wait until second main phase to wait and see if they decide to killl that creature

Not really, it will be the same issue. Your opponent can respond to your aura spell by killing the creature, thus countering the aura spell. This is true no matter when you try to enchant your creature.

I have started up a Draft experiment in the Limited forums. If you're interested in Draft, come and check it out.

http://community.wizards.com/forum/limited-sealed-and-draft/threads/4206961

(It will go on for many more weeks, probably until end of July)

Once again aced the Rules Advisor test (Feb 2015). (I still make mistakes now and then, but who doesn't.)

"Simple questions" usually need rather complex answers, while complex questions often come down to no more than a simple "yes" or "no".

Safer is to wait until they don't have enough mana to cast Murder before you cast your Gift of Immortality 

K-Mogg wrote:

This is true.  But an aside to reinforce a recent wrinkle to this formerly ironclad rule - the Theros Enchantment-creatures with the "Bestow" ability (allowing them to be cast as auras) don't follow this template.  If they are being cast as auras (via Bestow), and the aura's target creature is removed or becomes illegal while the being-cast-as-an-aura Bestow spell is on the stack, the Bestow card is NOT put into the graveyard - it enters the battlefield as an enchantment creature (but not an aura).

Good note to have. So if I cast a creature as bestow, it still can get killed but the effect triggers and it comes back as a creature.

bascotie wrote:

Good note to have. So if I cast a creature as bestow, it still can get killed but the effect triggers and it comes back as a creature.

Um, this is potentially confusing. A Bestow card that is cast as an aura will only become a creature if it resolves without a legal target or if the creature it's attached to dies/leaves the battlefield/gains protection from the aura's characteristics. If you destroy a Bestowed aura directly, it won't "trigger" to come back (since Bestow has nothing to do with triggered abilities anyway).

Level 3 DCI Judge Mission Viejo, CA

bascotie wrote:
I cannot find a default subscription method to threads to allow me email notifications when replied to? Anyone know how to achieve this?
I got the same question. Why don't I receive notification when someone responds to my Threads?

(Please don't tell me «they're working on it»; it's obvious NOTHING is being done to improve this bad excuse of a website, at least nothing visible since two weeks)

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.                        -Albert Einstein

So, you keep on voting, and you keep expecting different results from those elections?

How long have you tried this, over and over?

Ain't it time you reached a different conclusion about this whole mascarade?

Sign In to post comments