Phantasmal Image + Perilous Myr + Glistening Oil

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
So, I was wondering what would happen if I had a Phantasmal Image that copied a Perilous Myr on the field and then enchanted it with Glistening Oil. Would the Image Perilous Myr gain infect, or would it die before gaining infect due to the Image's ability? Thanks in advance for the help!
Since Auras target when cast as spells, your Phantasmal Image-as-Perilous Myr will be sacrificed and in the graveyard before it can be successfully enchanted by Glistening Oil, should you choose to target it.
Then glistening oil will go to your graveyard ,not your hand. (And you can't choose a new target for it.)

Please autocard , check it on [read this first] - creating a rules thread.

And use lower case c to autocard.

Thank you both for your quick responses! That is what I had assumed about the Image, but figured I'd double check on the safe side. Also, thanks for pointing out the technicality of Glistening Oil. I COMPLETELY missed that one. Gotta bust out my magnifying glass so I can read the cards a little closer lol
Consider effects such as nomad mythmaker and retether to attach aura's to creatures that you wouldn't normally be able to. Aura 'spells' target, but aura 'permanents' do not.

Robvalue: Copy target bug or glitch. You may choose a new card for the copy...

Will never buy games made by Arena Net again.

Will not buy Duel 2015 until 2HG reinstated.

Grei wrote:

Orc_Welfin wrote:
 I've removed content from this thread. 

Nice to know removing content is a company wide policy.
Consider effects such as nomad mythmaker and retether to attach aura's to creatures that you wouldn't normally be able to. Aura 'spells' target, but aura 'permanents' do not.

And in case you do attach the Oil in such a non-targeting way, the Image-Myr will die with infect and the damage it's trigger causes will be from a source with infect.