Chalice of life/Death interaction with splinter.

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Just curious what would happen if my opponent cast "Splinter" on the "Chalice of Death" side of my "Chalice of Life". Splinter reads "Exile target artifact. Search its controller's graveyard, hand, and library for all cards with the same name as that artifact and exile them. Then that player shuffles his or her library." I'm wondering if since it is transformed, will it be seen as having the name "Chalice of Death", so when "Splinter" checks your deck for cards of the same name will it check for "Chalice of Death" and not find any since the others are only seen as "Chalice of Life"?

I'm sure if it was splintered as the front side that it would remove all the other copies, but wasn't sure about the other side.  
If Splinter targets Chalice of Death, then that's the card that it'll search your library for copies of.  And, since Chalice of Death doesn't exist anywhere except on the battlefield, it won't find any additional copies to exile.

Also, for future reference: [*c]Splinter[/*c] results in Splinter (remove *'s from the code)
Sign In to post comments